Toss broccoli florets with the 2 TBS olive oil and the salt until fully coated, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown on edges, stirring once to prevent burning. If needed, add an extra splash of lemon to brighten it back up before serving. Discard ribs and tear kale into bite-sized pieces. I always get so excited when people like recipes enough to make them again Always a good sign, Pingback: 3.15.19 MENU + SHOPPING LIST – Jewel Mae. It’s simple and it’s the best. I so appreciate it. The kale will become darker in colour when you do this. Cookd Pro Theme by Shay Bocks. Ahh yay! You’re so welcome, Jack! This salad is packed with many so many healthy foods and given that it involves many of my favorite foods, I knew I was going to fall in love with it. Place the chopped kale in a large salad bowl and sprinkle the leaves with a pinch of salt. Quite possibly my favourite meal ri, @heathercoatesyoga and I are so excited to share w, Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie⁠ . To assemble salad, top the kale with the shredded carrots, roasted broccoli and chickpeas, sliced avocado, and sunflower seeds. 3 Roast on a sheet pan for 30 - 45 minutes or until veggies are slightly browned and smell sweet. My daughter even loves it since she was about one year old. Broccoli takes on a more complex texture and flavor when roasted and Mediterranean and Asian flavors like sesame, soy sauce and feta take the humble florets to a more exotic place. I haven’t tried freezing it, but I don’t see why not! I’m so glad this salad was a hit. Assemble the salad: Place the kale, remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, and a big pinch of salt in a large bowl. Tag @eatingbirdfood on Instagram and hashtag it #eatingbirdfood. ★☆ <3, Love this recipe…didn’t have quinoa, so used couscous…also subbed in brussel sprouts for broccoli & spinach for Kale….everyone loved it, So glad this salad was a hit, Lynda! Thanks for making it and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. 10/10 will definitely be making this a staple! I will definitely have to give it a try! I made one batch, ate it for dinner one night and then ate it for lunch and snacks several days in a row. . <3. After sweet potatoes have cooked 15 minutes, add broccoli to the baking sheet and bake the sweet potatoes and broccoli for 10-15 additional minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked. Thanks for making it and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. That sauce is amazing- we had to substitute sherry vinegar for balsamic cause we were out but it was delicious! Great as a gluten-free vegetarian main! Delicioso! Wash kale, shake dry, and slice leaves away from tough center ribs. I used left over quinoa I had made, probably equaled about a 1/2 a cup uncooked, and I thought the quinoa to veggie ratio was perfect! So glad this recipe was a hit, Kristy. I also love kale salads because they taste just as fresh and good, sometimes even better, the next day, making lunch at work a breeze. It tastes wonderful warm, right after mixing the warm roasted veggies with the quinoa, but it also stores well in the fridge and tastes great cold as well. . So glad this salad is a hit. Everything we love! Ahh that makes me so happy to hear, Gabrielle. Fennel would be a fantastic addition! Thanks for making it and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. I could eat roasted broccoli all day, so this was a good way for me to sneak some green in. This recipe was amazing! No big deal. 25 Healthy ideas for an Office Potluck – Finding Fraser, […] Warm Kale, Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potato Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette […], Lifestyle WordPress Theme by themehit.com, A delicious salad for the colder weather with an Asian twist, Warm Winter Kale, Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potato Salad with Sesame Viniagrette, View insightfulbite’s profile on Facebook, View insightfulbite’s profile on Instagram, View insightfulbite’s profile on Pinterest, Sweet Potato & Peanut Stew with Spinach!⁠ I’m so glad this recipe was a hit. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Delicious!! Even had a total brain fart and added the whole egg – still great! Great as a gluten-free vegetarian main! Thanks for making it and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. And if those have gone out the window, just eat it because it tastes good. Vraiment délicieuse et soutenante cette belle salade. Will try it again with roasting the veggies as I am sure that is awesome, too. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow kale to become more tender. I am also really happy with how well this salad lasts. Very delicious! We ended up spending the evening with the same couple we went to Vegas with — made dinner at their house, did a champagne toast at midnight, danced and played foosball. Hey there, I’m Brittany, the creator of Eating Bird Food, holistic nutritionist, health coach and personal trainer. . It was perfect! In a food processor, combine anchovies, garlic, egg yolks, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. This salad though… It takes broccoli to a whole new level with flavors like lemon, garlic, pomegranate and feta. Merci beaucoup! Place the cubed butternut squash, broccoli florets and red onion on a baking tray. I just discover your website and I’m in love with all these healthy recipes. This was a hit, even my pickiest eater was happy. I’m so glad you found me and are loving the recipes so far. Subbed goat cheese for feta and omitted the kale and parsley. If you make this roasted broccoli quinoa salad be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting us know how it turned out. Bookmark t, “Look at this baby Christmas tree!” (Runs up a, Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins⁠ Instead of butternut squash I roasted sweet potatoes and my substitute for almonds were walnuts. I so appreciate it. The day 2 leftovers were absolutely delicious and in no way soggy or limp. A delicious roasted broccoli quinoa salad with roasted sweet potatoes, kale and a flavorful lemon dressing. We had this tonight and it was excellent! I really appreciate it. Just so you know! Subbed the broccoli for fennel (it’s what I had on hand) and added a big handful of parsley to the kale. Thanks so much for the recipe! Your email address will not be published. The flavor is fantastic! It works beautifully and is very fast. Watch the veggie and kale though cuz it can cook fast. Wash kale, shake dry, and slice leaves away from tough center ribs. I so appreciate it! And then February comes and you’re like..OK, time to get serious again, but… same problem? Squeeze the cloves out of the roasted head of garlic and place them in a blender or nutribullet. My only thought it that maybe you needed to season the veggies a bit more when roasting… using enough oil, salt and pepper for the roasting process definitely helps! Chop parsley, crumble feta and add to the quinoa and vegetable mixture. ★☆ I’m talking great for the skin, high in fibre and have been used for years (like thousands) in traditional medicine for things like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. haha the garlic should be more of a paste when they come out of the oven that you can easily mash with a fork. Add more dressing if desired, there should be about ¼ cup extra. Unfortunately, I did not have any feta so I omitted it and also added about 1.5 extra tablespoons of oil–it coated the salad perfectly. Both are great anti-inflammatory foods, and have high antioxidant levels. Once the sweet potatoes and broccoli are done, remove from oven, and immediately add to the kale, along with the carrot ribbons, green onion, cilantro, almonds, sesame seeds, and an additional 2 tablespoons of dressing. I had to add a little water to the dressing after mixing it in the bullet. Perhaps I’m used to more flavor but it really just tasted like plain quinoa with plain vegetables. My teenage boys gobbled this up! I added goat cheese instead of feta and it was still really good. So quick and easy to make, Yay!! Hey Shauna – You can eat it cold or reheated, totally up to you! Will be making again soon. Like some of the healthiest ingredients packed up in a super flavourful salad that makes you want to eat salad. This post may include affiliate links. I’ve got you covered folks. (peel carrots, slice onions, chop cilantro and almonds). Place in a large bowl with the roasted broccoli. I can appreciate the, In all of the pandemonium of this pandemic, a key, SALMON:⁠ . So good. Lately, I have been trying to eat healthy and this adds wonderfully very short list of tasty healthy recipes. 5. A crunchy and flavorful salad featuring chopped kale, thinly sliced broccoli, toasted pine nuts, tart cranberries, and a sweet and tangy poppy seed dressing.. Kale: I can’t tell you how over the whole “Kale … This will definitely be a staple of mine! This Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli Salad has got to be one of my favorite ways to serve up broccoli. The dressing is so simple! Discard ribs and tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Salad will keep well in the fridge, for up to 3 days and can be served cold, or heated in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.