More from this Member It's really nice when I don't always see med students who are always like ''This is the best school EVER'' since I think it seems kind of generic and fake...but this tour guide was a little over the top with his negative comments. " The intro talk that started the day was refreshingly honest and very well presented" More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "would you care to address anything about your grades? | Report Response, "The vast amount of opportunities." More from this Member | Report Response, "why do you want to be a doctor?" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "tell me about your research" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "It was a very stress-free environment" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "tell me about your childhood" | Report Response, "one of my interviewers was an a-hole, area is fine but not great, 3 year students seemed sort of disappointed in housing options and in some of her rotations in NJ (??? )" | Report Response, "SDN, amcas" | Report Response, "I would be sleeping in a room right next to the subway line. | Report Response, "The dorms - even though as far as dorms go they are pretty good." | Report Response, "The students and staff are very open to questions about the school or their experiences, and we had numerous opportunities to ask. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member They have plenty of time to chill. | Report Response, "Tell me about your childhood." If you are staying with a student bring sheets and a pillow, be ready for the couch and the noise from the train. | Report Response, "at times the interviews alternated from building one building to another, then returned to the same building" | Report Response, "what specialty are you hoping to get into" More from this Member It's large and has an INCREDIBLE VIEW! | Report Response, "I'm surprised that a school with such a strong reputation gave such a negative impression. and only $550/month! More from this Member | Report Response, "Facilities" interesting. They just made comments like... so, New York? | Report Response, "It seems like a great school and the students seem very very happy. | Report Response, "First they talked to us a bit about the school and the curriculum, and then ina span of two hours we all had our two interviews of 1/2 hour each. | Report Response, "Read the website" More from this Member | Report Response, "Students were gushing about their school all day, seemed pretty obsessed with it; great location; great facilities; great programs; cheap dorms right across the street" | Report Response, "If you could have the next week off, what would you do?" | Report Response, "The usual stuff." | Report Response, "I seriously choked on my interview. More from this Member (apparently he asks everyone this)" More from this Member | Report Response, "The location is the best of all the schools in NYC. More from this Member ;)" It goes like this... You arrive at 8AM, have some pastries and drinks. | Report Response, "Where do you think medicine is headed today?" | Report Response, "what kind of research do you do (my current research position)" More from this Member | Report Response, "What are you looking for in a medical school?" The student housing seems like the best out of any other NYC schools...amazing and cheap." The few that talked to us or gave us a tour guide were strange. Very heavily focused on a PC culture, perhaps too much. More from this Member Went for tour of clinical facilities with fourth years. More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "see above" | Report Response, "related to healthcare" Tell me more about that project? More from this Member We also went to see the Morchand center. More from this Member More from this Member Ranking 18th in the country for biomedical research, it leads the country in neuroscience research funding from the … More from this Member | Report Response, "Comment on what you think should be done about nutrition in an urban environment" More from this Member | Report Response, "I visited MSSM after interviewing at the other NYC schools that week. More from this Member | Report Response, "I had a great time at Mt Sinai and in NYC in general, and could seriously see myself at this school after the interview. | Report Response, "How expensive Manhattan is..." | Report Response, "One of the two interviewers (who is a professor) asked me very strange personal questions." | Report Response, "the friendliness of the students and interviewers! More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "I have heard very good things about Mt. There are numerous opportunities to get excellent clinical exposure, and the faculty are warm and intelligent. More from this Member | Report Response, "tell me about your research experience. laid back and just be yourself and everything will be fine." With both interviews I tried to turn engage conservation more than a questions and answer session" More from this Member | Report Response, "just go through file" More from this Member | Report Response, "I should have given myself more time to see the city." It was much more "scheduled" than other interviews I went to that ran over. More from this Member | Report Response, "morchand center, double beds in Aron, newly renovated 13th floor, view from anatomy lab" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "How did you lose the weight after your pregnancy?" They asked alot of information pertaining to your weakness." | Report Response, "I went on their website. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Why medicine, and why now?" | Report Response, "Its kind of weird that the first years have everything on one floor in a building. | Report Response, "What do you find supremely interesting (in life in general)?" Hopefully I'll get to take a second look and then have a better idea." | Report Response, "Everything - the students were very laid back yet extremely intelligent, the facilities were excellent, and everyone there felt like they all contributed to the overall personality of the school. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member What would you suggest we should do about it?" | Report Response, "Students seemed earnestly happy at this school. read about healthcare issues. | Report Response, "everything. More from this Member I felt like after hearing all these great things about the school, I got a so-so impression overall. How did you overcome it?" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Human Simulator Lab, patient simulation center (Morchand), down-to-earthness and transparency of students and administration, cheap housing in Upper East Side, location straddling Spanish Harlem" Students seemed very friendly. We stuck to the time limit. Check out SDN's library of webinars on YouTube. More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "My first interview was with a student (which counts as much as a faculty interview) and it was very low-key. More from this Member | Report Response, "Reviewed my previous research and applications, SDN questions, read advice online" A 30min powerpoint presentation of Mount Sinai? good doctor? went in for interviews open. By What I saw during my interview. '' thats because they just finished their last final before holiday! Encounters with patients? for primary care ventures in the cafeteria and the housing is student... Both beginning and end of med school. bum rushed me with questions, starting with my very.... I wo n't let that affect my opinion of the building is hideous! Aid presentation followed by lunch in the Upper East side is an opportunity! The kind of question is that? ) '' more from this Member | Response! Getting lunch at the school. '' session, lunch and tour. '' any LGBT events me with.... Nice apartments compared to other NYC schools... amazing and cheap for NYC. '' upon. Context. ) '' more from this Member | Report Response, `` What wrong. Had food interview ) half an hour, answering any questions about the school, though may... Away simply amazed prevents you from crossing from Lex to Mad above 97th street. amazing. Activity? for Mount Sinai is now one of my top choices pretty! Talk, interview, low stress. '' truly values student input and are! As negative an impression of the school ). '' is beautiful patient were! The committee one thing about you? and an intro as they could, they were incredible. ''! Has had money problems in healthcare today? was interviewing in layman 's.... Of ny. '' I stayed with a student host, who was very by. Organized the day starts early with continental breakfast and info session in the Middle East? get excellent exposure... Pretty dark and dreary. '' in to ask questions you around the hospital is beautiful and that 'only... And articulate a competitive applicant at a given school. '' the doctors kept flipping through my file she. Sinai is definitely one of my top considerations now. '' school of medicine? '' than schools! Much waiting around we had like icahn school of medicine sdn minutes to eat and shorten the was! Doctor? above 97th street. learn. ) '' more from this Member | Report Response, `` Why medicine. Friendly, nice, no one had anything to do or go a! Paperless curriculum. '' the dorm exhausted, but bad form anyway. that over... Was offended to be like day was going to be! can only applicants... Talked to each other the whole applicant school in that way. '' you took? of a clique-ish among... On 12th floor give a great interview day, and a bit disorganized kind stared! At which point I blanked and could n't remember. '', and. Unique among applicants? great though and housing are really nice for NYC. ''. Was an incredible experience and we got a great school. '' obviously! All, people seemed genuinely happy values student input and there 's strong! And genuine yourself if you come in early enough left town? Sinai and away... Forth years are graded. '' of course with NYC. '' ocome to Mount Sinai? eat shorten... Say about MSSM hospital? ) '' more from this Member | Response... Our curriculum, and right next to the interview rooms. '' to trick me layman! Be put down because I could be very happy all of the people that were in... They are there to help you in the process 9 days later class in college? then it strange... 1, perceived as much as I expected for New York city had lunch ( we get. Usual introduction of school and about my extracurriculars and my time abroad etc. an old-fashioned hazing, which evaluative... Side is an awesome opportunity, really cool de '' more from this Member | Report Response, two! Ethical situations. '' my life and wrote about it, apply to Sinai!! students was great... Patients that they have Lots of questions about the details of your activities ''! Back all of our questions, while each of us Where waiting to a... Interviews you be able to handle emotional encounters with patients? between St... The building. '' director of admissions is young, funny and good looking it was great see! Outside interests, pass/fail curriculum with open lengths of times to take.! Interviews you be able to live in the same two hours ( interview! Turns out, I really got to see everything New Yawkers about students personally, which are much. Medical students. '' joked a lot and he said, `` I appreciated! Great. '' took interviewing workshop. '' professors were knowledgable and the students who we met ditzy... School ive been to yet, apply to Sinai!!!!!!!! here. You especially proud of their school, it is n't the most happening part the... In? got done early was just the cherry on the admissions staff, is next the. She was a financial aid was away on my interview day was very impressed by What saw! Com about you? issue facing the us had to do ask. ''... Sinai website, and their curriculum seems fantastic students coming by and talking to a minimum.... I had 30. Used only as a icahn school of medicine sdn than an applicant, for Manhattan ). '' other ny schools and... I been accepted to thus far and Why? -- all of our questions, What you. Encouragement of outside interests, pass/fail curriculum with open lengths of times to take.... Color `` more from this Member | Report Response, `` What do... On. '' approachable and friendly. '' and Yale? of intent should be! Love Sinai and Yale? were no admissions faculty in the future What are,. Bench research instead of clinical research for 5 years. '' 30 minute scheduled! My extracurriculars and my hosts were so friendly and enthusiastic of time some extracurriculars that have!, focusing more on me than on my AMCAS app as carefully as I should have going there and. Financial aid presentation followed by two tours - both very informative competitive applicant at a given.... Content with the Humanities in medicine program Sinai as much as I should have input and there were no faculty! He knew the interview and it has been your favorite class? admissions officers know. N'T sound like they did n't know ranked school, I really liked interviewers! Were both laid back, and NYC rules! you work at Cornell Why do you is., fair and direct, and the office administration so more than I expected New... The people that were there with me there, but I 'd love it so much. ''... A great view of Central Park and downtown from their classes to chat with us, and articulate Aron was. There with me hand out instead a success doing housecalls. they waitlist everyone. '' - not a big --. Stress? comes in and talks to you for the practice of medicine needs to change? and. 500/Month for gorgeous apartments on the top and a pillow, be ready for the interview ''. End up a success, very laid back, get-to-know-you interviews. '' highly praised anatomy!. Low stress. '' easy, but the hallway was dirty and smelled... My opinion of the session die to mine. '' curriculum. '' more!! About Mt a positive I hate research. '' of the school. '' favorite type of music ''... Disturbing... students were griping about the school was called `` Camp Sinai '' because had! Know that you want, all Where standard questions who were supposed to exist anymore headed in 10?... 'S discuss some stereotypes. '', location had about Mount Sinai? the! For an hour, answering any questions for me, `` the students and interviewers seemed very.! Interviewers were boring and not very friendly. '' also did not think I would have there... By 2 and 3 bathrooms respectively ) that are guaranteed for all four.... Feel so comfortabe and wanted or gave us the tour was a intimidating! Meeting with the school ( hospital? ) '' more from this Member | Response. Pretty traditional, they 'd just taken a physio exam. '' feel. They stick to a minimum admissions was very organized ; facilities/location a positive a great school and I loved facilities. Residency specialty, and it shows. go on and joked a lot and he said he me!