Unlike models that build in dynamic compression or limiting, the MiC Plus can and will distort easily if the gain is too hot. Which of the two you prefer mostly comes down to taste, with the Raspberry sounding somewhat brighter. I would be very surprised if there is something at this price point, with all that it brings to the table, that surpasses it. Most users will find a pop filter helpful, however. 020-6265611. Width: 1.5” (38 mm) Simple – With MiC Plus, there’s no complicated setup. The tripod's legs can be adjusted to accommodate various heights and angles. This is even easier. © Copyright - Apogee Electronics Corp. All Rights Reserved. The MiC Plus is also designed to record directly to iOS devices in addition to computers (it's compatible with Windows 10 and later and Mac OS 10.9 and later). For all practical purposes it is an audio interface with A/D conversion, 24-bit up to 96 Hz operation and a mic preamp with 46dB of gain, digitally controlled. Get answers now in the It also has a nice little desktop tripod stand that you see in the title picture and a mic clip. It can plugged into a Mac or Windows PC or used directly with iOS devices. MiC makes the legendary quality of Apogee available in a portable form factor and at the lowest price ever for a premium computer recording interface. No Thanks, I just want to read the article. We'd love your thoughts, feedback and questions regarding our new site. Along with a better tripod and some additional accessories, it squeezes by the MiC Plus to earn our Editors' Choice. Bottom Line: The Apogee MiC Plus delivers excellent clarity and ease of use, whether on a laptop or an iOS mobile device. Apogee's MIC Plus comes with an excellent pedigree. PCMag is obsessed with culture and tech, offering smart, spirited coverage of the products and innovations that shape our connected lives and the digital trends that keep us talking. Some might find the large logos and fonts on the front face a tad cheesy—compared with the Blue Raspberry, say, the MiC Plus looks a little less graceful, but all of the plastic buttons and knobs are, at least, easy to operate. Easily connect HypeMiC to your iPhone, Mac and PC. Some might find the large logos and fonts on the front face a tad cheesy—compared with the Blue Raspberry, say, the MiC Plus looks a little less graceful, but all of the plastic buttons and knobs are, at least, easy to operate. We do not respond to this form! Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to voice-overs, instruments to interviews and everything in between. Portable USB DAC and headphone amp for Mac and PC for listening to music with recording studio quality. I'm considering getting one for my Voice Overs as a more portable set-up when travelling. No playback will be heard: Continuing to […] When the left-most LED is illuminated white, this indicates full “direct’ monitoring signal. There's no DSP here, as mentioned, so the 24-bit/96kHz signal has zero compression or EQ added to the mix. iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (5th generation), Professionele condensatormicrofoon met nierkarakteristiek, Ontwikkeld voor gebruik met iPad, iPhone, Mac en PC (Windows 10), Inclusief 3 kabels: Lightning, USB type C en USB type A, PureDIGITAL-aansluiting voor een uitstekende geluidskwaliteit met max. Equally at home connected to your computer or iOS device, Jay Asher put it through its paces. The point is, if Apogee gets the mic part right here, we know we can have strong faith in the A-to-D conversion aspect of the design. High-quality lavalier microphone for iPhone for perfect speech intelligibility. The guide gives directions for using with GarageBand and my guess is that is where it will find its greatest use but I don’t have GarageBand installed on my Mac so I decided to try it first with Logic Pro X, since it is what I know best. For less money, the Apogee MiC Plus gets you comparable audio and more onboard controls. Apogee MiC Plus. If you're thinking about buying it, the next question is whether you should get the Apogee HypeMiC instead, which includes adjustable analog compression in its signal chain.