But I assure you, banana are the best. :). October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and you might have noticed that Chiquita bananas are sporting some eye-catching pink stickers in honor of the occasion. Bake at 230 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Healthy Whole Foods, Plant-Based Vegan Recipes and Wellness Tips. My name is Ashley, and I’m the writer and photographer behind Blissful Basil. This recipe is my family favourite to me it’s just another simple way to enjoy your oatmeal. You don’t have to use everything exactly as it’s written on the recipe, use what you have at hand, be creative in your kitchen. It looks amazing and would really like to try this healthy food. You can use any plant-based milk like almond milk, cashew nuts milk, etc. This Chiquita vegan baked oatmeal recipe is plant-based, packed with whole grains and fiber, and is delicious! It’s also surprisingly satisfying. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® walk, Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Almond Butter Cookies. :), Your email address will not be published. The pink stickers are intended to encourage action from millions of consumers in the fight against breast cancer and serve as a simple reminder about the importance of eating healthy, donating, signing up for a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® walk, and getting recommended screenings. This is delicious! I used walnuts, but pecans or almonds taste great in it as well. Read More…. And because a healthy diet can help reduce the risk of cancer, I’ve teamed up with Chiquita to bring you one of their recipes that meets the American Cancer Society’s nutritional guidelines. Grease the pan with oil, pour the oatmeal into the pan , the oatmeal should be about 2 inches thick. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Blissful Basil! I hope this information will be useful to others and motivate them to try this recipe! Very easy to make. Hi, Ginger! It’s also Sloane-approved (as are the bananas—one of her favorite foods). My gut reaction is that I wouldn’t recommend that swap, but I can’t say for certain since I haven’t tested it myself. Baked Oatmeal (Dairy free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Nut Free - vegan) Sweet Roots baking powder, vanilla extract, chia seeds, berries, oatmeal and 8 more Get these exclusive recipes with a subscription to Yummly … This simple vegan baked oatmeal is packed with fiber and absolutely delicious. But my biggest challenge has been making soft chappaties. I must assure you, it’s very delicious and easy to make. If you’re meal-prepping this recipe, I recommend individually wrapping each slice so that you can easily grab-n-go throughout the week. Can I replace the rolled oats with quick cooking steel cut oats? This post is sponsored by Chiquita. From cookie to meatless patties, there are so many ways to enjoy oats. Tasted like eating a warm slice of apple pie. Lover of animals, veggies + space documentaries. Then, turn the mixture out into a lined or greased seven-inch round baking tin, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. What I find awesome is that this recipe contains banana that improves digestion and because of potassium it lowers blood pressure and thus prevents diseases of the heart and kidneys.On the other hand, sesame seeds prevent cancer, diabetes and because of vitamin E and zinc regenerate skin and hair. This recipe is really easy and can be adjusted depending on what the kitchen pantry has to offer. My wish is to encourage others to discover the wonderful benefits of a plant-based food that God gave to human, where you count your colors and not your calories. INGREDIENTS 3 cups of, Your email address will not be published. This Chiquita vegan baked oatmeal recipe is plant-based, packed with whole grains and fiber, and is delicious! The ACS recommends a diet that emphasizes fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Remove from the oven, let it cool then serve. Great recipe, I can’t wait to try it! I hope you enjoy this simple and healthy recipe. Required fields are marked *. I was worried this might be too healthy to taste good. Baked Oatmeal November 20, 2020. This one is filled with wholesome oats and studded with sliced, juicy pear and crunchy chopped almonds. But I assure you, banana are the best. Eating same thing cooked in a same way every can make the food not to be appreciated by the family. Thanks for your insights! Allow the baked oatmeal to cool and then slice it up and serve as desired. Enjoy the recipe. To make it, you’ll add the following to a large mixing bowl: Rolled oats Ground cinnamon Ground nutmeg Chiquita banana (mashed) Almond milk Maple syrup Chopped dates Raisins or dried cranberries Pecans Sesame seeds. I sure water in most cases. Hope you enjoy the recipe. I love oats for their versatility which comes in handy in any vegan kitchen! :). On top of that it’s healthy, no sugar added, I have used mashed bananas and dried raisins as sweeteners, because I don’t use any sugar in my house, I always use ripe bananas or dried fruits whenever I’m making something sweet, I also use honey sometimes. So satisfying and hearty. It’s also surprisingly satisfying. Filed Under: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Recipes, Vegan Tagged With: Banana, Breakfast, breast cancer awareness, chiquita, dates, meal prepping, oatmeal, pink, raisins, Vegan, I just made the upside down oatmeal bake from your cookbook yesterday but used apples instead of bananas. Preheat the oven to 350F. I’m a vegan with deep passion for recipes creation and sharing plant-based lifestyle with others. 3 cups of oatmeal1/2 cup of raisins1 and half cup of mashed bananas, select ripe bananas1 cup of water or plant-based milk2 tbsp of sunflower seeds, you can any seeds1/4 cup of peanut butter1/2 a cup of coconut powder, 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal, plus 4 tbsp of water Pinch of salt. Grease the pan with oil, pour the oatmeal into the pan , the oatmeal should be about 2 inches thick. My name is Ashley, and I’m the writer and photographer behind Blissful Basil. This vegan Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is made with pantry staples and is a great healthy breakfast that the whole family will enjoy. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and rating. Note: you can use pumpkin puree and some honey if you don’t want to use bananas. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Required fields are marked *. Always a hit among friends and family =), So glad to hear you’re enjoying the recipe from the cookbook, Ashley! Grease a 7-inch round baking tin. So happy to hear you enjoyed it, Amy! Mix flaxseed meal with water in a cup. Note: you can use pumpkin puree and some honey if you don’t want to use bananas. That’s a favorite of mine, too. Enjoy this simple and delicious stew of Seitan and butter beans. Enjoy and this month, be sure to keep a look out for Chiquita bananas with pink stickers at your local store. Easy to make with minimal prep, it’s a delicious make ahead breakfast that can be enjoyed on busy mornings or brunching with friends. This vegan baked oatmeal is incredibly simple and can be made in advance, portioned out, and enjoyed throughout the week. It requires less than 10 minutes of active kitchen time and can be made in advance to enjoy throughout the week! Once you have your cooked Seitan (gluten) and boiled butter beans it will take, Broccoli and lentils sprouts are both highly nutritious.