Having a kid is no joke but knowing you can put aside 30 minutes and whip up a delicious meal makes you feel super accomplished. Hope you enjoy this simple and quick recipe for Salmon Fish Cakes with Oven-baked Eggs! 1/4 cup spring onion (white and light green parts only), finely minced, 2 small red chillies, deseeded and finely minced. . Form salmon mixture into four 1-inch thick patties; sprinkle remaining panko bread crumbs over each patty. First of all boil the potatoes in salted water for about 25 minutes or until they're absolutely tender when tested with a skewer. Salmon cakes are one of my go-to emergency meals. You saved Chef John's Fresh Salmon Cakes to your. This has to be the best tasting salmon patties ever!!! My nine and seven year old children asked for seconds. Turn the oven temperature down to 160C (300F or gas mark 2). Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Learn how your comment data is processed. Now cut the roll into 12 round fishcakes, pat each one into a neat, flat shape and then dip them, one by one, first into the beaten egg and then into the matzo meal (or breadcrumbs), making sure they get a nice, even coating all round. So feel free to give this a go with this recipe! I enjoyed the luxury of having control of what I ate and what I bought. I’m not a fan of fish or crab cakes . Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 4-16-16: I wanted to try this recipe so badly that I used the packaged boneless skinless salmon which is what I had on hand. You have some who love to cook it and some who enjoy eating it. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. So delicious! Ally has always been a very visual person. I think it’s great we both share a passion for food with a healthier twist. Simplicity was my game and ShefShaz started all because of that simple concept. 1 ¼ pounds fresh wild salmon, coarsely chopped, 1 pinch seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs, or to taste. […]. of salmon fillet. Went fishing at Prince Willems Sound near Valdez for Silvers. We returned home with about 50 lbs. Coming from a big family you don’t get to pick what everyone else eats. This was my first time making it. I also used my Quisinart to chop up the salmon and mix the ingredients together. Info. For a better experience on Delia Online website, enable JavaScript in your browser. My husband does not like onion red bell pepper or capers so I omitted those and I added some red pepper flakes and a bit of horseradish and extra cayenne pepper. For me, passion for cooking only really started while I was studying abroad. https://amcarmenskitchen.com/.../15/salmon-fish-cakes-with-oven-baked-eggs […] into the recipe, if you missed my guest post a few days ago, I whipped up some delicious homemade Salmon Fish Cakes for the savoury breakfast eaters! Turned out great! Then drain the potatoes and mash them to a purée with the mayonnaise using an electric hand whisk, then add some seasoning. For a week we had salmon every which way we could think of. Add capers; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. However had to add egg to bind. (Be careful, though – if they are not tender you will get lumps.) Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. L to R: ShefShaz, Little ShefShaz, and Amcarmen’s Kitchen. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe is definitely a winner! Made the recipe according to the directions with the addition of green onion when forming the cakes for color and I made 6 smaller cakes instead of 4. ( Log Out /  Thanks. It was so so good. but, what the heck I tried it. I followed the recipe exactly as written (because how can you review a recipe if you've made changes), and we really liked the results. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Also didn't have time to make and then let the remoulade sit, so I will plan better and next time and add this to the cakes. ( Log Out /  These will be made again however I plan to add about a tblsp more mayo and will try baking instead of frying. Congrats! Thanks Chef John! Now, in a large mixing bowl, simply combine all the ingredients for the fishcakes together. Enter to win one of three maple ingredient boxes plus a copy of Cooking with Maple, naturally, Follow us Like us on Facebook Follow us on twitter Follow us on pinterest Print this page Email this page, Copyright 2001-2020 All Rights Reserved Delia Online, 1 quantity English Parsley Sauce (See related recipe below), 3 oz (75 g) matzo meal or fresh white breadcrumbs, Win one of 3 Maple ingredient boxes plus a copy of Cooking with Maple, naturally, 10 oz (275 g) Desirée or King Edward potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks, 2 heaped tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 2 heaped tablespoons salted capers or capers in vinegar, drained and chopped, 6 pickled gherkins (cornichons), drained and chopped, 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and chopped small, 1 level dessertspoon anchovy paste or 4 anchovies, mashed up, about 2 tablespoons groundnut or other flavourless oil, Salmon Fishcakes with Cucumber and Dill Sauce. You can pop these into the oven to make crispy salmon skin for an extra added crunch texture to the dish. It tasted good to me and was my first time having salmon or any type of fish cake. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/fish-cakes But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Love it! When you are ready to cook the fishcakes, lightly flour a work surface, then turn the Stir salmon, onion mixture, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, garlic, mustard, cayenne, seafood seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl until well-mixed. Drop me an email at amcarmenskitchen@gmail.com for any questions and/or concerns, or if you wish to collaborate on food-related projects. People generally find a few recipes that work for them, and just stay with those, but this fairly simple preparation should be easy to add to anyone's rotation. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Baked Purple Sweet Potato with Banana & Cherries, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), View amcarmenskitchen’s profile on Facebook, View amcarmenskitchen’s profile on Instagram, Mini Mixed Berry Pancakes – AMCARMEN'S KITCHEN, Amcarmen’s Kitchen: Auguest Rundown – AMCARMEN'S KITCHEN, Purple Sweet Potato Crisps with Easy Roasted Garlic & Chive Aïoli, Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Creamy Parmesan Sauce, Danablu & Pistachios. *Do not toss out your salmon skin! I didn’t alter the recipe except I added two tablespoon of Huy Fong Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce for a little kick. I wanted to share with students alike that making meals didn’t have to be difficult. Repeat with the rest of the fishcakes, adding a little more oil and butter if needed. As always, Chef John's recipes are a guaranteed winner! I omitted cayenne pepper, seafood seasoning, and mustard and used seasoned breadcrumb. After that, allow it to cool thoroughly, then cover the bowl and place it in the fridge, giving it at least 2 hours to chill and become firm. Keep things simple which reflects very well in the food I make. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Served with a spinach bacon salad. Even though I didn't use the fresh wild caught salmon it was still delicious.