Lisa Huff is a cookbook author, recipe developer, food stylist, food photographer, & award-winning home chef. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. They’re not as good, but they do have a nice earthy flavor. That truffle mayo is the main event…I think I may try using it as a dressing for chicken salad, what do you think? Truffles as in mushrooms, not chocolate. You prepare the fries either by baking, deep-frying or air frying them. n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n; n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0';n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,'script','//connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '1531369860524844'); fbq('track', "PageView"); Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with baking spray. So thought I’d try making a healthier baked version. Note: Cassava cannot be eaten raw and needs to boiled first to remove any cyanide present in the plant. Check on them about halfway through and flip them over as best you can. Servings: 4Prep Time: 25 minutesCook Time: 30-40 minutesTotal Time: 55-65 minutes, 1 pound yuca, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedgesDrizzle of olive oil (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)1/8 teaspoon salt3 tablespoons coconut oil1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon sea salt3 tablespoons parmesan (optional)3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)1-2 tablespoons of high quality truffle oil. You can use any oil you’d like such as vegetable or canola oil. Lastly, drizzle with truffle oil, toss lightly being careful to not break your precious potato wedges. A little goes a long way so no need to go crazy with the drizzling. But I like best your idea and infuse oregano in olive oil and use that instead. Have the best oven baked crispy Truffle Fries in no time! These healthy baked yuca fries are bursting with flavor! Truffle Aioli Sauce and Garlic Aioli Sauce are probably the best bets. You’ll add another drizzle for good measure and aroma at the end. You can get crispy fries with a fluffy, soft interior without frying. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again! Toss with oil, but leave excess oil in the bowl. Spread fries into an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Do not high a baking dish with high sides. Place potato strips in a single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving a little room between each strip. Delicious mac and cheese using smoked gouda, white cheddar and truffle oil. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; :). And I love that these are baked! Don’t worry if they’re not cut perfectly. The BEST fries around! Place potato strips in a single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving a little room between each strip. Try using sweet potatoes instead of russets (but they won’t get as crunchy. Bake in the preheated oven to allow truffle oil to settle and reheat fries, 5 to 7 minutes. Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post! Unless you are seeking the rarest truffles that cost more than your car, you can easily find truffle infused olive oil or truffle pate at the grocery store or even through Amazon. Learn to create restaurant quality family meals using the four S's. Trust me, they’re even better when they’re bathed in garlic and truffle oil. You should never use truffle oil for cooking as delicate truffle oils will get destroyed and the desirable aroma will vanish. You’ll find this type in professional kitchens and are less likely to warp. You might want to make more than you think you need because they tend to go fast! This version still uses thin cut potatoes but baked in the oven until crispy then lightly drizzled with truffle oil and topped with chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. If you do this in the bowl, you’ll undoubtedly get pockets of salt and pepper that didn’t distribute evenly. If you use an air fryer, you should still follow the recipe accordingly. These thinly cut baked (or fried) French fries are tossed with an olive and white truffle oil blend. Lay out your fries in single file only, no overlapping or they won’t crisp up. My name is Shawn, author behind Kitchen Swagger. Then after the fries are cooked, whisk pressed or grated garlic with remaining truffle oil. Homemade Truffle Fries, oven baked french fries with truffle oil, Parmesan, and parsley. “Fry fries?” or my favorite, “Potato fries.” Moral of the story? Place your cut potatoes on large baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper. All my starch lovers will agree with me that the appeal of a basket of hot, greasy fries is undeniable in any situation. No time consuming cutting or getting out appliances to make perfect fry shapes. I love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and hunting down the next great flavor. This lets the truffle flavor bake right on into the potato and prevents sticking. Yes please . In the final 10 minutes, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. It prevents sticking, but also helps those potatoes get nice and crunchy. Preheat your oven to 400F and don’t put your potatoes in until it reaches temperature. And if you haven’t, promise you’ll make these as soon as possible!! You can use a rimmed baking sheet to prevent them from sliding off, but do not use something like a 9×13 baking dish. Oh these Truffle Fries are so easy to make and quite delicious if I do say so myself. Once fries are nice and golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 … What a genius idea. ). You want to boil your yuca fries first to help soften them a bit before baking them in the oven. Some of the oil is made with oil and truffles, but more often the oil is flavored with artificial (but tasty) truffle flavoring. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details. With 5 minutes left to cook, heat remaining olive oil and truffle oil in a small skillet over low heat. Actually, I’ve never had Truffle Fries, but we are avid mushroom lovers so I know it will be a Major Hit!! I bet they’d be fabulous! Love that these are baked Sue! I’m a cheap date, what can I tell you. If you have a particularly skinny potato, it might only be 4-6 slices. thanks for pinning these baked truffle fries. An awesome idea, Sue. Sprinkle parsley, sea salt and parmesan if using and toss fries in the mixture. And of course, that truffle dip. Choose russet potatoes, they’re high in starch which makes for the best fry texture. Is there really a right answer? In a large mixing bowl, toss potatoes in 1 tablespoon truffle oil and grated garlic. Why do we do this last? They will leave you mind blown. Fun food that's a snap to make! You can turn them half way through, but honestly, I don’t and they turn out fine. It should not include any chemicals, aromas, or truffle ‘flavoring’. The right answer is about 6 because they equals one potatoes. Next, drain the fries. This whole recipe relies on two simple ingredients, truffle salt, and truffle oil. Rimmed Baking Sheets – I really like this thick, industrial gauge baking sheets. https://kitchenswagger.com/baked-parmesan-truffle-fries-recipe Truffle oil loses its truffle flavor when it’s heated at high temps. Also, a little goes a long way. Truffle is a flavor that many folks enjoy and order at restaurants, but steer clear of at home. This is said to remove some of the starch from the potatoes and contribute to crispy fries that are light and fluffy in the center. how to make truffle fries, oven baked french fries. Top with a little extra fresh parsley and parmesan cheese if desired. No Spam (email or edible) - we promise! Truffle oil has a mixed reputation among chefs and foodies and here’s why: most of the truffle oil you will ever see is not made with truffles, it’s made with artificial truffle flavor. Get a free eCookbook with 25 date-night worthy recipes. The kitchen is my happy place where I play with fabulous ingredients that nourish the body and soul. Learn more. Great photography too. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Great recipe Sue!