I'm Natasha Kravchuk. I’d like to make this vegetarian and add zucchini. This is my kind of comfort food! I am going to try this recipe tomorrow night, I’m sure it will be delicious just as all of your recipes are! Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish. I really hope you love this recipe, Kristen! That is so sweet of you! Made it exactly like Chef John did except that I made my own marinara sauce for it. Tightly cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 1 month. Turned out fantastic! Hi Debbie, I would increase everything proportionally and use 2 casserole dishes. I think next time I will half the recipe because it made so much. Top with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and then 1/2 of the grated Pecorino Romano cheese, being sure to distribute evenly. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. He crumbles spicy pork Italian sausage and sweet pork Italian sausage and adds them to a saute pan with a bit of oil to start browning. Except added a bit of hot sauce for the portion I did for my husband. Absolutely delicious! Add half the pasta mixture to the casserole, top with half the mozzarella and parmesan then repeat. Thank you so much. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Maybe test it next time using less pasta and more sauce if you like. I saw your recipe on your page. He adds chopped fresh basil and thyme to the sausage. My dad couldn’t stop raving about it. Isn’t it so great! Thanks Betty Anne. I’m so happy you’re enjoying our recipes! Reduce the heat to medium-low, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Top with the rest of the pasta and sauce mixture and give the pan a little shake to settle the sauce. Made this for my family tonight and it is a new favorite! You might drain well and then mash up the cottage cheese for a similar texture. Adding this to my dinner line up next week; looks too good to pass up! Hi Carol, all of our favorite tools and dishes can be found in our Amazon Shop Here or our Blog Shop Here! Thank you for sharing that with me. Congrats! Fish Tacos Recipe with Best Fish Taco Sauce! Add minced garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and sautee another minute. How to Make Baked Ziti This recipe is a pretty basic version, but everyone who makes baked ziti has t… Thanks for sharing . If you do an experiment, please share with us how it goes! But in Great Grandma's day, the ziti … Hi Samantha, I haven’t tested this without meat to advise. We could not get enough of it! Baked Ziti is an easy, saucy, and cheesy pasta casserole. Cut down the length of each sausage with a sharp knife. I would recommend freezing before baking. Here is the Parmesan Cheese Grater and the Dutch Oven we used in the video. Thank you for that, Stephanie. If you make the sauce in advance, this is a week night throw together. Thank you so much. You can find all of our favorite kitchen tools in our Amazon Affiliate Shop. Use a slotted spoon to transfer half of the pasta and sauce mixture to the prepared dish, then use a spatula to even out into a uniform layer. You can use all mild or sweet sausage, or all hot. Hi! You’re so cute making it entertaining and being funny I tried your lasagna and first time I made lasagna and my kid loves it! Making this tonight! This was so awesome, but a lot for 2 people. Glad you enjoyed it, Judy! I am half Italian, was raised eating the finest Italian-American cuisine, and have filmed almost 2000 recipe videos, so when you consider all of those facts, it seems incredible that I have never posted a video for baked ziti. btw – where are those oven mitts are from, they are so cute! Spread a ladle of meat sauce over the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. I’ve found myself having Ziti for breakfast. Amazing. Cook pasta in salted water until al-dente then drain. Hello Susan, I’m glad you’re enjoying my recipes. He opens a can of whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes and crushes them by hand and adds them to the sausage to make the sauce. I've had baked Ziti before, and he's right, most of the time it's too dry.