Celebrate cherry season with this delicious and easy to make Balsamic Cherry Sauce! Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If it is hardening too much just add a touch of balsamic vinegar. Info. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, 4 Mistakes That Ruin Stuffing (and How to Fix Them), Nutrition Wow, the cooked glaze is so much better that just adding balsamic vinegar to this salad! Absolutely delicious. Source: EatingWell Magazine, Spring 2004. In the future I'd do it again: I think sake does a better job of tenderizing the meat. Turned out beautifully. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon. Pour balsamic vinegar and let simmer until reduced by half. “I […]. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add the meat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on thickness, or until it reaches desired doneness. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. To recreate Nonna Pia's excellent balsamic reduction I bumped up the brown sugar to between 1 and 1 1/4 cups - depending on how sweet you like the glaze. This is great for all types of recipes or just with olive oil and bread. Just made this last week and we all agreed this recipe is a keeper. Next time I will make a full batch. 1 ½ pounds Freshly ground pepper, to taste, 1 1 1/2 pounds London broil, trimmed (see Ingredient note), Back to London Broil with Cherry-Balsamic Sauce, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. I tried this cause we have had it before but couldnt locate the recipe...it DOESNT thicken ...unlike the recipe I cant find! Awesome recipe We don't eat a lot of red meat so when we do we're looking for something unique. The meat came out flavorful and tender and the sauce turned out beautifully. It took much much longer to cook than the recipe stated so the whole house reeks because the crust burned so badly. (If you want the sauce to be sweeter, add more jam). However, I have a cold with stuffed sinuses and luckily cannot smell a thing! Pour the marinade over the meat and turn to coat. London broil is a thicker cut of steak that benefits from the tenderizing effects of a marinade. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Only problem was that the turkey needed to be cooked to fully-done so was a bit of a mess to clean out of the pan. This was the first time I've ever made a balsamic reduction and like the one reviewer I added a pat of butter and it made it very silky and delicious. Chicken soup will warm ya right up. Whisk wine, vinegar, cherry preserves, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. I was a little unsure cherries and balsamic would mix. My 'not-hungry-tonight' husband had a taste with me at dinner then went back for a full plate. Thanks for sharing this recipe with the cooking community! Slice the meat thinly against the grain. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. we had it on chicken and beef. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I made half a batch and added 1 TBSP butter as others suggested. Remove the meat from the marinade. We didn't have London broil so I substituted with turkey tenderloin (no other changes). Of course, we’re sharing a couple of candied and casserole recipes. balsamic vinegar, olive oil, cremini mushrooms, minced garlic and 4 more. All Right Reserved. However, again, I do like the glaze- it tastes like molasses combined with uber-vinegar. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. By roasting a larger one, I guarantee leftovers. Ingredient note: London broil is a thicker cut of steak that benefits from the tenderizing effects of a marinade. Again, thanks! I'm going t make more sauce just so we can use up the meat. Cook, tossing until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Add cherry preserves and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce is thick. This recipe totally hit the spot.