Next, did you pack in too much flour? Just how much is needed..? Can I use canola /olive oil instead of coconut? To make this bread, you need the following ingredients: This oatmeal banana bread recipe uses vegetable oil instead of butter and also includes old fashioned oatmeal and Greek yogurt which makes the banana bread pretty moist and tender. This is singularly the best banana bread recipe on the planet! Gah- I’m sorry! Skip to the end for how to store this bread and the full recipe! It turned out amazing. Thanks for taking the time to let me know . Making the bread now! Hey Lia, it means so much to me for you to come and thank me!! For this recipe, could I add chocolate chips without changing anything else? Filed Under: Baking Recipes, Bread Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Recipes, Snacks, Vegetarian Tagged With: banana bread, banana recipe, bread recipe, Breakfast, greek yogurt banana bread, snack. . How much sugar or Splenda? All that chocolate – yum! Don't subscribe YAY! That makes me so happy to hear that! Of all quick bread recipes, banana bread recipes are my absolute favorite and I love sharing them with you. Bake the bread in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes. Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g It was very moist and flavorful. This looks fantastic! Place in the oven and allow to bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You can use either regular or light sour cream or yogurt for this banana oat bread. I was looking for a recipe that used over ripe bananas and Add any extras – walnuts, coconut, more chocolate chips, etc. Kind of. Nothing beats a delicious homemade banana bread, right? 1- Leavening agent: 1 tsp baking soda almost equals 1.5 tsp baking powder. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Start checking the bread after 30 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the middle. My husband loved this, and I don’t think he realized it was a skinny version. I omitted the chocolate chips and topped with some homemade granola. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. BEST Banana bread! Pinned! It’s a big one. Thanks Niacin 1.04 mg This recipe is very versatile and easy to modify. You are so sweet to say that, I appreciate it so much! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I’m so glad you like it, Rhea! And if so, 2-3 cups is a bit vague. The formula used here for points was obtained from public sources and is an empirical match to Weight Watchers calculators, but it is not an “official”. Oatmeal banana bread is perfect for breakfast. Thanks for sharing! I can totally imagine myself heating up a big slice in the morning to have with my coffee. I was skeptical, as some of the “healthy” recipes I’ve made in the past aren’t very good. I was very pleasantly surprised as normally healthier versions of baking don’t taste that great….this was soooo delicious. Kelly // The Pretty Bee: Cooking & Creating. I used fresh ground wheat for the win! The reality of the situation is that my mom kind of “subtly hinted” that I needed to make something especially for her by pointing out that I never make anything she can eat… which is kind of true. Here you'll find my family's favorite recipes my two little boys and I have created together. My kids and husband are obsessed with it and it’s received dozens of rave reviews. 2 eggs Monosaturated Fat 0.81g I don’t have coconut oil? We’re taking back bananas (with yummy delicious banana bread)! Required fields are marked *. ), but not enough straight up banana-y flavoured quick breads. I often leave mine until they are almost completely black. Iron 1.07 mg Glad to hear you enjoy this banana bread recipe! * Oats … This is my favorite banana bread recipe!! This could cause a denser bread. It’s pretty brutal. A think slice of this toasted and slathered with butter will be perfection!!! Does that work too? You’re in for a delicious adventure and collection of unique and tasty recipes. Wondering if I can make it into muffins next time or if I need to change anything? Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. I’m thrilled you loved it! Persian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes made easy with fresh ingredients and step-by-step instructions. Instant nourishment for the mind, body and soul. I used melted coconut oil instead of the vegetable oil. I ran of Greek yogurt can I use normal yogurt instead?? Thank you! ¼ cup brown sugar Serve warmed up or cool, both ways are divine! This is seriously the best banana bread I’ve ever had! I would toss the chocolate chips with the flour first to get them to be more evenly distributed throughout the bread and not change anything else. Yum! So I used smaller tins and cooked for only a half hour. I worry if you increase the bananas too much it will be too wet and too moist. That is so great to hear! I’m so glad to hear that you and your family like it, Fe! All images and content are copyright protected. Try other recipes with bananas : Mango Smoothie Bowl, Vibrant Green Smoothie, Pretty in pink smoothie bowl and one of my personal favorites, Chicken Curry, Ingredients: While not super-low calorie, remember that most of the ingredients are real foods that are good for your body. How much sugar is needed? Love all those big chocolate chunks on top – yum! I was excited to try this version with almond flour which I had never thought to try before! Thanks for sharing. I know. Enjoy! So, when it came out of the oven, I had to taste a corner. I’m happy it worked out with flax egg and non dairy yogurt as well! So glad to hear that! I made this banana bread last night. I’ve finally found the ONE, so good! ★☆ I’m sure it will be a winner with the whole family! perfect! What a beautiful loaf of bread and I love that you added whole grain oats to it. * We found this to be sweet enough with just the maple syrup, but you can also add extra sugar if you like your bread on the sweeter side. Cholesterol 3.03 mg Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Simply Delicious on the Foodie Pro Theme Privacy, banana bread, Banana bread recipe, Greek yogurt banana bread. old fashioned oats and not quick cooking oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe [Video]. ½ tsp baking soda Can I tell you a secret? Then yes it would be the same 3/4ths a cup. Your email address will not be published. Bread freezes safely for 3 months. Will definitely make it again. This … Thank you for sharing! So glad to hear it passed the “husband test” and you enjoyed it! And I love the idea of using blueberries , I just made this bread and while it was good warm, I don’t know how great it will be cold. In a large bowl, whisk vegetable oil and sugar until incorporated. I don’t add the maple syrup and my kids still can’t get enough of it… they literally ask for this every day! Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan. This easy banana bread recipe is flavored with vanilla and cinnamon and the tang from the Greek yogurt works perfectly with the sweetness from the bananas. Your email address will not be published. This looks great, I don’t have vanilla flavored greek yogurt, just plain. You’re photos sold me on trying yet another banana bread recipe, This bread is absolutely good without the addition of salt. I did not have syrup so just added a1/2 cup brown sugar. Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips/dried fruit/nuts/etc. This easy banana bread recipe is flavored with vanilla and cinnamon and the tang from the Greek yogurt works perfectly with the sweetness from the bananas.