1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan; 1 cup granulated sugar; 2 large eggs; 1 1/2 cups unbleached plain flour; 1 teaspoon baking soda; 1 teaspoon salt; 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3) 1/2 cup sour cream (I used Fat Free Greek yogurt) 1 teaspoon vanilla Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan. I have been searching a LONG time and making MANY loaves of banana bread trying to find a light and fluffy (not dense and heavy) bread, and I finally found it! (check out her recipe for Beef Burgundy for example – heaven.). 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, Easy Entertaining with Flare: Mini Caprese Skewers, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake, How to Do a Mini Spring Refresh in the Bedroom, How to Make a Darling Mini Pumpkin Topiary for Under $5, 5 Minute Recipe: Boursin Cheese and Jam Appetizer, Salty Dog Cocktail Recipe Perfect for Summer Entertaining, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shakes, Home Office Update: Edgy Glam Desk Nook Mood Board, Sweet & Simple “Hello, July” Free Printable Art, Weekend Wants // The Best Finds, Faves & Sales, Under $25 Gift Guide for Anyone & Everyone, Easy Apple, Feta & Walnut Salad with Semi-Homemade Dressing, Basement Carpet + Paint sources | TIOB Basement Project Update V, How to Put Together a Simple Housewarming Gift Basket, Inspiring Laundry Room Ideas That Will Make You Want to Tackle Yours Now, How to Spruce Up Your Front Porch When You've Ignored it For Years, The Best Thanksgiving Amazon Finds Under $30. I love banana bread...it's always so comforting...and a great way to use those really ripe 'nanas! I fell off my chair. CB2 BEWARE: The loaf will quickly disappear! In an … From pumpkin […], Homemade chicken noodle soup can fix anything. Sorry, Martha (is it okay if I call you Martha? In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. We don’t think so. He says, she says: Baked Egg & Popped Beans, 125 ml (1/2 cup/1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan (I used unsalted, that’s all we ever buy), 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts or pecans (I used walnuts). I’ve tried multiple banana bread recipes over the years, but decided this particular one was worth a shot because I noticed it had a special ingredient. Since we are taking less grocery trips, we stock on tons of bananas. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. I was stunned, excited and, dare I say, a bit stressed out. BANANA REPUBLIC Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; stir well. AMAZON I long associated Martha Stewart with Superwoman, someone I try hard NOT to be. In an electric mixer, cream butter amd sugar until light and fluffy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in lower third. And so it happened one day that, planning for a get-together, I pulled a recipe for spicy ginger cocktail nuts out of my Filemaker 8,000+ recipe database. Bake 50-60 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. The rest of my recipes can be found in my full Recipe Gallery, full of dips, appetizers, snacks, sweet treats and Charcuterie Boards! I would like to share a fabulous son... Vegan Month of Food 2017 "Lines and Light" (a line or two of original poetry or a photo of beautiful Michigan light every day... Well, I really pulled out the stops for this year's Easter lunch! Oh and in the next batch, I’m adding chocolate chips!! Enjoy! Martha … I may not be Superwoman but unless it’s chocolate cake, he remains Superpicky. Add to butter mixture, and mix until just combined. 1 C mashed very ripe bananas. Martha suggests removing from pan and onto a cooling rack, but we left ours in the mini loaf pans and cut straight from there to serve in the mornings.