Reviewed in the United States on May 14, 2020. When I finally got my hands on this I decided to dive in and what do you know it's fantastic. 1: The Court of Owls (The New 52), Batman Vol. Beautiful art. I'm, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 25, 2016. When Scott Snyder announced his intention to add something to the established origin story by releasing the thirteen-issue set called. A New York Times bestseller! Writing was great and capullo did most of the artwork. I went from volume 3 with the joker to this? Well forget that for Snyder and Capullo. Loved each and every part of this book. Praise for Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's BATMAN: Scott Snyder is the bestselling and award-winning writer of Batman, Superman: Unchained, American Vampire and Swamp Thing as well as the short story collection Voodoo Heart. He is a dedicated and un-ironic fan of Elvis Presley. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 10, 2020. He lives on Long Island with his wife, Jeanie, and his sons Jack and Emmett. This paperback is the fourth paperback to collect the stories from the rebooted comic book series Batman (part of the The New 52). I bought the first two of this run in hardcover format but they have tight binding, gutter loss and are expensive for the amount of content. But these guys pull it off - this is not to be missed! Before the era of superheroes began-before the Batman spread his wings to protect the innocent and punish the evil-Gotham City''s prodigal son, Bruce Wayne, had been missing for years. 3, Death of the Family, destined to be one of the best Batman/Joker stories/arcs ever. I was surprised. Free download or read online Batman, Volume 4: Zero Year: Secret City pdf (ePUB) (Batman, Volume II Series) book. The problem is that if you've read or seen even the broad strokes of any Batman origin story in his first few years, this is pretty much that. Zero Year - Secret City gives us a new take on Bruce Waynes early forays into crime fighting - one of the lesser covered parts of Bat lore - and the origins of The Joker. You won’t want to miss the moment that Bruce becomes Batman! Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Please see your welcome email for exclusions and details. Snyder and Capullo have truly left one heck of a mark on the Batman mythos. Let me start by saying, I thought this was a good story. That was a fun revamp of Batman's origin. The first edition of the novel was published in May 7th 2014, and was written by Scott Snyder. Entertaining, but falls victim to the problem of prequels: predictability. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Free download or read online Batman, Volume 4: Zero Year: Secret City pdf (ePUB) (Batman, Volume II Series) book. What a fun ride! This is essentially a new exploration of Batman's origin story. Hm. ...the edges were all bent. This item: Batman Vol. Someone who defies every damn rule of logic that governs their lives.”, http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/batman-vol-4-zero-year%E2%80%93secret-city, Harvey Awards Nominee for Best Inker (for Danny Miki) (2014), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Graphic Novels & Comics (2014), All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, Vol. I am an avid Batman reader and very critical of what constitutes "worthy art". Included with a Kindle Unlimited membership. I love how bombastic, colorful and modern it feels. You may unsubscribe at any time. I spent year avoiding this comic (in spite on my absolute joy reading the court of owls story arc) as I did not even want to engage a replacement of the Batman origin that was set up in Year One. I know a lot of people say it's just another origin story, we've seen enough but I son't agree with that. Zero Year is the continuation of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's excellent Batman run after Death of the Family, though it should be noted that the story is out of sequence and in fact takes place several years before Death of the Family. Volume 4 is Zero Year (Part 1). Yes, Snyder puts in his own stylistic flourishes and complexities in a few places, but most Batman readers pretty much know this story. Lots of changes overtake the Dark Knight as the story progresses, both in-story and in the changes in this timeline because of The New 52. It's definitely different than the last few volumes but in a good way. There are some formalities that need to be addressed with any superhero origin story, but the impression Zero Year leaves is that Snyder wanted to retread as little ground as possible. by Grant Morrison pdf. Well, one side Frank, there’s a new innovator in town. Best Batman stories since the 90s animated series. Some recommended reading before this are the Detective Comics 0 issue, and Batman Dark Knight 0 issue, and then the conclusion to Vol 4 will be with Vol 5: Dark city. Then the Joker came back which was great now time for something new. It starts with Batman having just returned from his trips abroad, to Gotham being overrun by the Red Hood gang. Batman Vol. Please try your request again later. His current works include Batman, Batman: Eternal Superman Unchained, American Vampire and Swamp Thing. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. The first edition of the novel was published in May 7th 2014, and was written by Scott Snyder.