Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Required fields are marked *. 2. Instead of a transistor BC547, you can use BC546 or BC550, BC847(plastic surface mounted package SOT23) as its equivalent. BC547 Pinout. NPN Epitaxial Silicon Transistor Absolute Maximum Ratings Ta=25°C unless otherwise noted Electrical Characteristics Ta=25°C unless otherwise noted hFE Classification Symbol Parameter Value Units VCBO Collector-Base Voltage : BC546 : BC547/550: BC548/549 80 50 30 V V V VCEO Collector-Emitter Voltage : BC546 : BC547/550: BC548/549 65 45 30 V V V Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. The tentative representation of the electrical characteristics of the BC547 transistor is as shown in the following image. projectiot123 Technology Information Website worldwide, electronics Blog ask Question and solution on web, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Raspberry Pi interface with Ultrasonic sensor using Python, Magnatic Sensor Library for Proteus Simulation, DHT11 Temperature and Humidity ESP8266 Web Server using Arduino IDE, Boost Converter Circuit in Proteus Using uc1845, How to interface TFT Touch Screen to Raspberry Pi, ESP8266 Board LED by using Adafruit MQTT Broker, Raspberry Pi I2C Interfacing using Python, SPI Interface of Raspberry Pi using Python, PCBWay – Only Solution to Your All PCB Needs, Latest Proteus Libraries for Engineering Students, Raspberry Pi GPIO PINS with Stepper Motor using L298 Motor Controller, Power Factor Improvement using PIC Microcontroller, sg3525 inverter circuit diagram and sg3525 pinout, PCBWay is Better Than Other Service Providers. BC547 finds application in oscillator circuits. BC547 Pinout: The pinout of the BC547 Transistor is as shown in the following figure: The symbol of the BC547 transistor is also represented in the above figure. This applies for all transistors. Working States of BC547 Transistor. I have worked on Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIc Microcontroller, 8051 etc. After reading this tutorial the reader will be able to learn about the pinout of the BC547 transistor, basic description of BC546 transistor, nominal electrical characteristics of the BC547 transistor and the general circuits in which this transistor can employed. collector, base and emitter along with symbol are shown in the table given below. Example of application. BC 547 has three pins in total similar to the other bipolar junction transistors. 1. So, let's have a look at the basics of BC547. I am Kashif Mirza, the founder of ProjectIOT123. The pinout of the BC547 Transistor is as shown in the following figure: The symbol of the BC547 transistor is also represented in the above figure. BC547 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits. BC547 transistor is also used in comparator circuits. and have designed both prototypes & industrial projects. It is an NPN transistor. The complementary p-n-p transistor to the BC547 is the BC557. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. Your email address will not be published. BC547 finds applications in linear amplifiers. Jan 16, 2019 - BC547 is a NPN transistor hence the collector and emitter will be left open when the base pin is held at ground and will be closed when a signal is provided to base pin. BC547 can be deployed for switching applications. All of these three pins i.e. BC546, BC547, BC548 transistors are very popular in the world. BC547 Pins Configuration. So sit back, keep reading and enjoy learning! Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning. BC547 can also be employed in current mirror circuits. That is all for now, I hope this tutorial would be helpful for you. Here's the pinout Diagram of BC547: Basics of BC547. Here are the key points which you must know about BC547: BC547 is a Bipolar Junction Transistor, abbreviated as BJT. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This transistor has two working states, one is Forward Bias and another one is Reverse Bias.. BC547 is an NPN transistor. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage. I am an Embedded Engineer and working on Embedded Projects since 2003. It has three terminals named as: Emitter; Collector; Base; The maximum current gain of BC547 is 800A. So, when we will apply positive voltage at the base terminal of this transistor, then it starts working as Forward Bias.In forward bias mode, this transistor allows the flow of current through the collector & emitter. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. BC547 is also used for impedance buffering. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); BC547 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. BC547 can be employed for Astable vibrator. This applies for all transistors. BC547 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators. The BC547 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts.