Thank you for posting a bulk recipe. The world would not rotate without Hatch Chilies! Wipe off any dusty crevasses on the dried chilis. So, if you are worried about your health or don’t want your children eating too many processed foods, you should consider buying this sauce. Additionally, do you have a vegetarian recipe for Mexican rice, green chile rice, etc.? The possibilities are endless, if you have ideas please share. You don’t know what you’re missing until you taste the sauce with that juicy steak on your plate. It’s definitely one of the healthier choices out there. My husband keeps raving about it! I don’t like canned enchilada sauces and can use this in so many ways. Secondly, so she’s supposed to explain every ingredient in terms that every country will understand? Disregard my comment above! I can’t praise it enough. I love the recipe and would like to make it with fresh tomatoes from the garden and preserve for the winter… wondering if a hot water bath would be ok? lol, Thank You Gina for an awesome website. I live in the UK. Bake this at 400F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is all gooey and delish. If you’re in doubt, go for a milder sauce. I typically keep a portion in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and garlic; sauté until golden, about 1 minute. You can’t go back once you’ve tasted it. If you feel that you didn’t add enough spices to a dish, or you find your cooking too bland, then this sauce is just what you need. For the tomato sauce—how many ounces should the cans be? In my opinion, though, the best thing about it is that it is made from all-natural ingredients. I made the sauce and used 1 cup in a crock pot with 1 pound of boneless pork shoulder, served over rice with , believe it or not, canned pinto beans and the meal was a huge success. We like spicy food so I used 4 chilis from the can when I made this and it had a nice kick. Their quality has been tested by time, and they know better than to disappoint a passionate cook. Irrespective of your preferences, you will love the spicy kick it lends to the food. They add a great flavor that you really don’t want to miss out on. This enchilada sauce will mesmerize you with both its appearance and its taste. I wanted to know how do you freeze it? I do plan on canning this next time I make it. I’m pretty sure most human beings on the planet can figure out what canned tomato sauce is. I built this site to share all the recipes and techniques I've learned along the way. And it will do its magic real fast. This is a very popular taco sauce with irresistible taste. It will be a valuable addition to the pantry of any Mexican food lover. Made it this morning, used my homemade tomato juice and added some chopped onion and tomato paste to help thicken…then used my immersion blender to smooth out the sauce. I don’t use the bottled stuffs because no one here really cares for it. Add a dollop of oil to a saucepan on medium heat. By now the chilis have fully reconstituted. Thanks for a great recipe! Thanks for all your hard work-producing wonderful recipes!! Thank you Gina! and I use 2 x 410g cans of crushed tomatoes, or preferably, a bottle of Passta. I love this sauce! In that form it can be really spicy. This is the best canned red enchilada sauce I’ve ever come across. Anything spicy, such as chili peppers to give it some heat. People have different preferences when it comes to flavor. Keep up the great work!! I’m with you ! I did add a little bit extra cumin than the recipe. Take a final taste for seasoning. I love enchiladas and can’t wait to try this recipe. My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, whole foods and maintain good portion control (everything in moderation!). This recipe makes me feel like an amazing cook!! Passata is what I use instead of American tomato sauce. I have had many recipes from other countries. Is this spicy? NC by the beach! More chipotles for additional heat. In my opinion, this is the best authentic canned enchilada sauce out there. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Google “(your county) home extension service.” They will have canning information available. Let’s go over them. I toasted my spices and made mine a lot milder (I’m a spice boob) and it was terrific with some x-lean ground beef and beans. 1 teaspoon cumin I love enchiladas but won’t order them with a red sauce in a restaurant because I usually find it terrible. very good, makes a lot! Pour some in the slow cooker or Instant Pot and add some chicken to make an easy, flavorful, Mexican inspired shredded chicken dish. Mine has a little flour in it and less tomato sauce. American site = American terms and recipes. Just want to say THANK YOU !!! I have another blog that I follow along with yours  – you are both amazing and I am so thankful to you both for the recipes that are helping me take back my life. Filed Under: Enchiladas, Most Popular, Most Recent, Vegetarian. I found that this product goes exceedingly well with meat. No onion or garlic listed on ingredients. Anchos will give you all the flavor you need in this enchilada sauce, but feel free to add in some Guajillo or New Mexican chilis. I have the good stuff in my freezer right now. Summary: If you are concerned about processed foods or artificial ingredients, this is a great option for you. freshly cracked black pepper. Does it taste bitter to you? Can’t wait for the Poblano Stuffed Peppers recipe! they are great! I am shocked how awful you sound. Oh nice that sounds like a great meal Susan! Very easy and very tasty! How long will the sauce last in the refrigerator? Contact me for any queries. Any time I have more tomato sauce then I need for a recipe I make a batch of this and freeze it. I don’t know how to make them minus all the flour base and such. I doubled the recipe and added quite a few more chipotle peppers because we like it kind of spicy. Whenever I open a can of chipotle chilis in adobo, I chop and freeze the remainder to make this even faster. Then I read on and laughed at myself. Perfect to use for any of my enchilada recipes! A Mechanical Graduate and Tech enthusiast. You can discard the leftover seed and skin remnants. Okay you’ve got some awesome red enchilada sauce, now what?!! It will freeze quite well so feel free to throw a few portions in the freezer. Roughly chop 3 onions and peel 8 garlic cloves. It’s also for those who do not like excessive spice in their Mexican dishes. (if I can find chipotle chilis in adobo sauce.) If you have tried this sauce in the past, even years ago, you will find that it’s as good as you remember. Thanks Gina!! Wow!! Still healthy and no WW points, but it actually tastes like red chili enchilada sauce! It shouldn’t be kept in the freezer for more than three months. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Costeña-Chipotle-Chilies-Adobo-Sauce/dp/B01BDK34JE/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=WZ8EIBIS0T9J&keywords=chipotle+in+adobo+sauce&qid=1583153785&sprefix=chipotle+in+adobo+%2Caps%2C324&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A3O8B6S0Y24Y93&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOTZVOU1aSFFBMVRCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjMwMjg3UlY1NDZPMEM3S0g2JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMDk2MzZEME5CN01ET1I2SjEmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl. I live in San Antonio so I can have pretty darn good Mexican food anytime I want, but after making this I would rather eat at home!! You can buy chipotle peppers from somewhere like Penzys website and cook them in the enchilada sauce until sof then chop them. I learned this on another recipe. Great for BBQ. Then I made your stovetop chicken cacciatore with the enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce, and with just green peppers and zucchini. How long will it keep in the refrigerator? Absolutely delicious! And if all went according to plan you’ve now got 10-12 cups of the enchilada sauce on hand. Loved this recipe! Absolutely delicious! The consistency is perfect and the ingredients are brilliantly balanced. She has a great enchilada recipe for my instant pot but the sauce for the enchiladas…nope. Thank you!! Definitely a keeper! Both look good with great reviews. I also didn’t have the chipotle chilis and it was still incredible. There are directions in this recipe https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-and-white-bean-enchiladas-with/, Can I can this and keep it on the shelf? Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. Suggestions on a substitute or a recipe to make my own chipotle chilis in adobo sauce. Helloportable.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising & linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, Hello, Frank Here.