Required fields are marked *. Mix well and rub over the meat. Whoop whoop. Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe, The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients, Easy Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe. my most favorite food processor and blender. I made some Zatarain's Spanish Rice to serve on the side - it goes really good with this, especially if you add a can of diced tomatoes w/ peppers to the rice while it is cooking - and you could also put a little bit of the rice in the tortilla along with the meat if you wanted to - that's how my hubbie ate his! Slimmed Down Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones. Easy to make Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos that are perfect for a delicious, gluten free dinner! In my opinion, the beauty of the slow cooker is that you don't have much work to do to get dinner ready. These tacos are out of this world. Pork also works equally well. 1/4 tsp onion powder. Just look at these beauties! Course: Main Course Cuisine: Mexican Keyword: Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Recipe Servings: 6. 1 tsp salt. I'm Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. They take minimal effort to prepare and are perfect for a crowd or great for leftovers. Thanks for the great recipe. A Month of Healthy Eats for the Busy Girl. I’m Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the roast just falls apart with a … You can also find more of my most favorite kitchen items in the Shop page. We use cookies to improve your experience. In a large mixing bowl, toss beef in 2 tbsp of Hatch Chili blend, mixture to coat. Thanks!! Make these even more spectacular by serving them in homemade tortillas. (no foil no added liquid necessary) I cook it on low 15 -20 hours. You should anticipate longer than 4.5 hours cooking time as mine took around 6-7 hours. These are all I wanted them to be and more. These tacos are out of this world. You should post more recipes. However, while the beef carnitas in the tacos were great, that cilantro + feta cheese combo = heavenly! Required fields are marked *. cookinla Rating: 5 stars 10/04/2009. You make it once and you have many many meals out of it. I mean, it’s just a simple and easy weeknight dinner recipe, no big deal…..except for the fact that these tacos are BURSTING with spicy and savory flavors, creamy and crunchy textures, and are the easiest EVER! Can you believe it’s already here? Leftovers are great the next morning with scrambled eggs salsa and flour tortillas (that is if you have any leftovers)!!! Thanks for stopping by , Your email address will not be published. 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning, crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze, 4 Ingredient Crock Pot Beef Teriyaki Recipe. What you’ll need to … Stick a big fork in there and stir it all around it falls to pieces. Ingredients. Ok, ok, ok, other than my most favorite food processor and blender. Between my husband and the dog there was major competition on the pork carnitas. You saved Ronaldo's Beef Carnitas to your. I'm going to give them a try - anything Mexican is a fave! Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low. Best mexican meat recipe I have tried - and we love Mex food!!! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. After the liquid has reduced cover the meat with it. This was REALLY GOOD and I'll definitely be making it again! Place the steak in the slow cooker and season with chili powder, paprika, 1/4 of the red onion (chopped), garlic, and salt/pepper to taste. Join now & get access to 8,000+ healthy, delicious recipes. Then when I woke up, I just popped the insert with the food into the Crock-Pot, put it on Low, and my tacos were ready by supper time. With my Oval crock-pot I turned the meat several times. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Your email address will not be published. I added a few more shakes of all the spices and probably cooked it about 30 - 45 minutes longer. I’m not much of a meat-eater as it is, and carnitas are typically made with pork….so there are no claims to authenticity here. cumin Pepper to taste chopped up 4-5 jalapeno's and added a little of the juice from the jar. I use this recipe all the time. Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the roast just falls apart with a fork. {If there's leftover spice rub, just sprinkle it over the steak}. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. And neither will anyone else! Take the meat out, flip it over the other side using a spatula and then place it under the broiler again for another 5 minutes or so. 1 green bell pepper, chopped. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender, 4–5 hours on High or 8–10 hours on Low. Totally wrap the meat in the foil and place in a roasting pan. Read More. The WW Logo, Weight Watchers, myWW+, SmartPoints, FitPoints, Points and Wellness that Works are trademarks of WW International, Inc. ©2020 WW International, Inc. All rights reserved. Place roast on heavy foil large enough to enclose the meat. The flavor was wondeful. oregano (1) tbls. It was real good. I would like to receive the WW newsletter and be informed about offers and events via e-mail. Oh and don't forget the avocado or any other garnishes that make you happy. Your tacos are gorgeous! Cook the liquid over medium high heat for about 20 minutes until it reduces to about a cup of liquid. I can revoke my consent at any time through the unsubscribe link in the email or message. I’m Christine. Since my wife is not a big fan of beef I had about a weeks worth of leftovers and they tasted better the older they were. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Beef Carnitas Tacos – delicious tacos with beef carnitas that is out of this world. Also I have found that a tri-tip roast turns out the best. This post contains affiliate links. After the 8 hours was up I removed the foil package, dumped all the liquid into a bowl and skimmed the fat off the top and then shredded the meat and put it back into the crockpot with a small amount of the defatted liquid and cooked it for an additional 30 minutes or so. They take minimal effort to prepare and are perfect for a crowd or great for leftovers. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Place the rest of the ingredients on top. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Calories: 453 kcal. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Please read my disclosure policy. Author: Eating on a Dime. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Take the steak out and transfer to a cutting board. After the initial cooking was complete I shredded the meat effortlessly removed the foil put the meat into the juices and cooked it for about 45 more minutes in the oven occasionally stirring the meat around so it would all get 'juiced'. Food that is from cultures and cuisines across the world has always been a staple of the blog. Also had some left over roast and made burrito's the next night. These cookies do not store any personal information. Add the beef (in batches if necessary) … Top each tortilla with lettuce, carnitas steak, feta, cilantro, the remaining 1/4 chopped red onion, and avocado lime dressing. Your email address will not be published. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Remove everything else from the pot, except the liquid. 1 red bell pepper, chopped. Cover to keep warm. Nutritious beef tacos that are super easy and cooked all day in a slow cooker. Sweet Glazed Carrots – Kid Friendly Crock pot Carrots recipe! It will drive you crazy. 2. I doubled the chile peppers and seasonings, wrapped the whole works in foil and cooked it in the crockpot for 8 hours on low. I filled the Crock-Pot with all the ingredients right before going to sleep {and put it in the refrigerator}. Put the onions, bell peppers, and jalapeño in the Crock-Pot. Welcome to Jar Of Lemons! I made this in the crockpot and it turned out fabulous! Discard all but 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add beef in batches and sear until dark brown on all sides. Using tongs, remove cooked beef to a plate. I increased the salt, red pepper and orange to punch up … But since I'm terrible at following rules, I made these with beef. I actually wouldn’t say it’s the beef. This also freezes well. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I made this recipe in the crockpot. The pork carnitas I made a couple weeks ago were so popular here at my house, that I just had to make some more. Even. Bonus points for tagging. Pour the water over meat and cook on medium high until the water starts to boil.