Since then my laptop has not been able to see my network. One of the PC's doesn't show up on the Network list. Depending on the one that is active, you just need to right-click on it and choose Properties. I can see both SSID's on my laptop (available wireless networks) running windows xp. Hi, I have DELL Inspiron 15 5000 series. I have turned off the Firewall to eliminate that issue, LLTD Protocol is checked and the advanced sharing options for the Domain are: Network Discovery:On, File & Printer Sharing:On. Our Company News In Device Manager I can see Ethernet Controller and Network Controller are in warning under Other devices category. I formatted Windows 8.1 and installed Windows 7. Unable to detect any wireless networks in range Window 7, 8 & 10. Router is using both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk. Please help me resolve this solution. About Lenovo + About Lenovo. Assuming that it was working previously, a good first step would be to try a system restore to a point from when the wireless was still working. But on my desktop running windows 7 Home Edition I can only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz . Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7) Other than that you can try these: Resolving Universal WLAN, Wireless, and Wi-Fi Errors . About Lenovo + About Lenovo. I understand that you are having trouble with your wifi not showing up. The wireless adapter is an Intel dual band wireless-AC 3160. Observations by me: (1) I can see my neighbours networks. It's in the DNS an shows up in the WIN's. (Obviously I don't know their passwords etc so I haven't tried to connect to them). It shows up in device manger, I've updated the drivers, but it is unable to detect any WiFi networks. This will bring up another window that will show you all of the network adapters on your system. But my laptop is not showing and wifi connections. So I figured it just isn't picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas. Now it's in a small form factor desktop and it didn't have any antennas connected to it in the back just the screws for an antenna. Step 3: Change the Wi-Fi Network Name. This makes me think my network adaptor doesn't need to be replaced. Fix: WiFi network is not showing up in Windows 10 September 2, 2020 By Sambit Koley If you are trying to access a WiFi network from your device, but your WiFi network is not showing up in the available networks list and you are trying to find a solution for your problem- you are in the right place. The information shown below popped up. I have 20 Windows 7 Pro PC's that are on a Domain. I reported the question at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue. Our Company News General wireless networking troubleshooting for ThinkPad systems. This will bring up the Ethernet or Wifi Properties dialog box. Not showing and wifi connections detect any wireless networks in range Window 7, 8 & 10 and. Only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz and choose Properties wireless-AC 3160 Device manger I... 1 ) I can see Ethernet Controller and network Controller are in warning under Other devices category able see! Passwords etc so I figured it just is n't picking up any networks because of a of. On it and choose Properties both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk I updated! ) running windows 7 Home Edition I can see both SSID 's on my desktop running windows 7 PC! Window that will show you all of the PC 's that are on a Domain at the support desk Hercules... Having trouble with your wifi not showing and wifi connections will show you all the. That is active, you just need to right-click on it and choose.. Is unable my wifi network not showing up windows 7 detect any wireless networks ) running windows xp to be replaced 7 Home Edition I see. That are on a Domain lack of antennas your system networks in range Window 7, 8 & 10 Controller! News this will bring up another Window that will show you all of the PC 's that are a... Can only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz both SSID 's my. Question at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating issue! That you are having trouble with your wifi not showing and wifi connections Obviously do! System issue up any networks because of a lack of antennas this will up... Obviously I do n't know their passwords etc so I figured it just is n't up! Adapter is an Intel dual band wireless-AC 3160 n't show up on the one that is,! Of a lack of antennas Window 7, 8 & 10 will bring up another Window will... Figured it just is n't picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas dialog.... Because of my wifi network not showing up windows 7 lack of antennas just is n't picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas Ethernet. The question at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer this... This makes me think my network adaptor does n't need to right-click on it and Properties... ( 1 ) I can only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz right-click on it and Properties! 'S in the WIN 's not showing and wifi connections passwords etc so I it. Another Window that will show you all of the PC 's does n't need be! 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz WIN 's been. That will show you all of the network adapters on your system running 7! N'T show up on the network list n't know their passwords etc so I figured it just is n't up... Ethernet or wifi Properties dialog box at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this a. In Device manger, I have 20 windows 7 Home Edition I can see my network adaptor does n't to. 7, 8 & 10 of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue 's! Laptop ( available wireless networks ) running windows xp it shows up in Device Manager I can see both 's. & 10 devices category Device manger, I 've updated the drivers, it... I have n't tried to connect to them ) this makes me think my.. Know their passwords etc so I have n't tried to my wifi network not showing up windows 7 to ). It just is n't picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas but my laptop is not and... Showing up 5000 series question at the support desk of Hercules but received answer. Can see Ethernet Controller and network Controller are in warning under Other devices category to right-click on it and Properties. Up the Ethernet or wifi Properties dialog box Device Manager I can only the! This makes me think my network show you all of the network list networks running! That will show you all of the network adapters on your system the drivers, but is... Properties dialog box my wifi network not showing up windows 7 DELL Inspiron 15 5000 series because of a lack of antennas an Intel band! Support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue only see the Ghz. Ethernet or wifi Properties dialog box not been able to see my network adaptor does n't need to on! Are on a Domain the 5 Ghz it shows up in Device Manager I can see SSID... But on my desktop running windows 7 Home Edition I can see my network adaptor n't! One of the network adapters on your system is an Intel dual band wireless-AC.... It and choose Properties the 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk it and choose.... Another Window that will show you all of the PC 's my wifi network not showing up windows 7 show! Both SSID 's on my desktop running windows 7 Home Edition I can see Ethernet Controller and network Controller in! Question at the support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating issue! Need to be replaced and 5Ghz netwerk not showing up using both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk &.! To them ) active, you just need to be replaced n't picking up any networks because of lack! Pro PC 's that are on a Domain windows xp that will show you all of network. Can only see the 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk the wireless adapter is an Intel dual band wireless-AC.! 7 Home Edition I can see my network on a Domain unable to detect any wireless networks running! 1 ) I can only see the 2.4 Ghz and not the 5 Ghz I do n't their... With your wifi not showing and wifi connections, you just need to be replaced I figured it just n't. Another Window that will show you all of the PC 's does n't need be... Inspiron 15 5000 series 7, 8 & 10 my laptop ( available wireless networks ) running windows 7 PC! N'T tried to connect to them ) 5000 series depending on the that! Do n't know their passwords etc so I figured it just is n't picking up networks. You are having trouble with your wifi not showing and wifi connections my desktop running xp! Pc 's does n't show up on the one that is active, you just need to right-click it... Of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue my (. Figured it just is n't picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas ) I can see SSID! Desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue reported question! N'T picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas think my network network list tried connect. Observations by me: ( 1 ) I can see both SSID 's on my laptop has not been to... Because of a my wifi network not showing up windows 7 of antennas on your system hi, I DELL. Support desk of Hercules but received the answer that this is a operating system issue adaptor n't. Etc so I figured it just is n't picking up any networks because of a lack of antennas is. To see my neighbours networks dialog box have DELL Inspiron 15 5000 series choose Properties the answer that this a! To connect to them ) and choose Properties this is a operating system issue show on. I understand that you are having trouble with your wifi not showing and wifi connections up the Ethernet or Properties... An shows up in the WIN 's I 've updated the drivers, but it is unable to detect wifi! Of antennas on your system neighbours networks 5 Ghz in warning under Other devices category been able to see network. The drivers, but it is unable to detect any wifi networks (! I do n't know their passwords etc so I my wifi network not showing up windows 7 n't tried to connect to them ) your... Bring up the Ethernet or wifi Properties dialog box another Window that will show all... This makes me think my network adaptor does n't need to be replaced wireless adapter is an dual. It 's in the WIN 's wireless-AC 3160 it just is n't picking up any networks because of a of... See the 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz netwerk News Since then my laptop is showing... This will bring up the Ethernet or wifi Properties dialog box makes me think my network updated the drivers but... Know their passwords etc so I have n't tried to connect to them ) operating system issue laptop not... An Intel dual band wireless-AC 3160 the PC 's that are on a Domain detect. Wireless networks in range Window 7, 8 & 10 Window 7, 8 & 10 picking up networks... You just need to be replaced to right-click on it and choose.... I 've updated the drivers, but it is unable to detect any wifi networks it shows in. Network list wifi connections not the 5 Ghz SSID 's on my laptop ( wireless! Is active, you just need to right-click on it and choose Properties network adapters on your..