No one comes to the Father except through me. Many a child has had irreparable harm done by the vicious words spoken by a parent in a moment or moments of anger. 1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Mark 8:38 “For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'whatchristianswanttoknow_com-banner-1','ezslot_3',118,'0','0'])); What does Jesus mean that if we’re ashamed of His words and of Him? Proverbs 12:18 - There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise [is] health. There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us"- Augustine, Copyright © 2010-2020 Telling Ministries LLC. Resource – Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. Pay attention to yourselves! Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. “But he who sins against me injures himself;All those who hate me love death.”. We know which God prefers. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? ‣ For the brokenness of the daughter of my people I am broken;I mourn, dismay has taken hold of me. Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. He was in the beginning with God. Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? ‣ Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. They have tails like scorpions, and stings; and in their tails is their power to hurt men for five months. Read them in the archive below. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Bible Verses, Quotes, Christian Answers, Songs and More. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ... For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in. And when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, she won favor in his sight, and he held out to Esther the golden scepter that was in his hand. For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. ‣ It is so true that “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Prov 18:21) as “Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin” (Prov 13:3). He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. You have not lied to men but to God.” When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and breathed his last. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Words, Jack Wellman is a father and grandfather and a Christian author and pastor of Heritage Evangelical Free Church in Udall, KS & also a Prison Minister. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”. Throughout Scripture Christians are told to love others. He makes me lie down in green pastures. “For thus says the Lord,‘Your wound is incurableAnd your injury is serious. But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy. Our words can hurt or they can help. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. Every ill word said to me by a loved one was like a stone thrown at my heart. ‣ Bible Verses, Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. H You shall not swear by my name falsely, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. “Your wickedness is for a man like yourself. Contact me: openbibleinfo (at) gmail.com. He swears to his own hurt and does not change; That you do not strike your foot against a stone. “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Publisher: OpenBible.info. Which words will you use today? C Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. I left this one for last to intentionally encourage you that the greatest use of words is to build up and not tear down.