Did you know that working out & exercise is actually something that is mentioned in the Bible? “He gives power to the faint, abundant strength to the weak. If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? YOU CAN DO IT. “He gives power to the faint, abundant strength to the weak. Dedicate your workout for someone else, or offer your workout up to God. Now when evening came David arose from his bed and walked around on, For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh, Attitudes While Waiting For Second Coming. All Rights Reserved. #LIVEFORMORE Go for a goal, and work at it with a friend. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one.”. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31, NLT, “She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.” – Proverbs 31:17, ESV, “For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Not only will everyday chores and activities become easier, but you will also strengthen your bones. Dedicate your workouts to Christ and see if that doesn’t make a difference. New American Standard Bible Copyright ©1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. Try lifting weights, using stretch cords or bands, medicine balls, kettlebells, or simple body weight calisthenics. Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. MissionFiT is a Christian holistic wellness ministry that exists to get followers of Christ Faithful in Training so they can be FiT for the mission the Lord has laid before them. But is terror to the workers of iniquity. How much do you really know about the last plagues of Revelation? Colossians 3:23 ESV / 428 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. Discipline is critical for success in both your spiritual life and in a fitness program. “I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.”. Try keeping a journal to chart your progress. Go back to these when you need some motivation to get your sweat on! But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” (NIV). In-Person & Online Training To do righteousness and justiceIs desired by the Lord more than sacrifice. They will run and not grow weary. Discover the greatest motivational Bible verses in this collection of scripture quotes! Better yet, ask a friend or family member to join you and train together. Top 10 Scriptures for Workout Motivation. To care for our bodi. For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. Some Christians believe it is selfish to take time to exercise, but our bodies are gifts from God. One concept I emphasized is that the living and active Word of God was given to live and act in all areas of our lives, from our marriages and money to our holiness and health. Motivational Bible Verses for Work. 7 Bible Verses to Motivate You to Exercise. The number on the scale or a smaller dress size can be good temporary motivation, but keeping your eyes on the Ultimate Prize, Jesus, is the best motivation of all. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. “I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.”, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith.”. Sign up for a fitness class together, meet each other at the gym, set a time, date, write it down on your calendar. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Set goals, create a plan, and then execute it. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? It really puts your workout in perspective, and you can use it to motivate you to start repping it out. 40 Bible Verses about Exercise ... Ministry Gifts Strength, Spiritual evangelism, motivation for Power Of God, Described Ministry, Qualifications For Power, God's Saving Giving, Of Talents Serving Servanthood, In Life Of Believers Mercy And Grace. Therefore, glorify God in your body.”, “A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might.” “She girds herself with strength; she exerts her arms with vigor.”, This one is GREAT for a strength training reference. First Corinthians 10:31 underscores this command with another like it: We see that God is indeed interested in how we treat our bodies. Saying “no” to the feeling of wanting to skip your workout, or saying “no” to a food that is not good for you. TRAIN YOUR INNER ATHLETE Happy Thanksgiving!! When we choose laziness and excuses over discipline and obedience, we not only set ourselves up for obesity and an increased risk of various diseases such as diabetes and hypertension, but we move toward a Christian walk devoid of the strength, confidence, energy, and longevity that God wants for us.[3]. Follow on Instagram, ️‍♀️: Personal Trainer Here are 10 verses that I believe will encourage and motivate you to get your workout in, especially on days when the couch is calling your name like a Siren’s song: “Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:23, NLT, “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13, ESV, “So I run with purpose in every step. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” – 1 Corinthians 10:13, NLT. When the desire to eat outside of hunger arises, set a timer for 3 minutes, and review your cards. 7 Bible Verses to Motivate You to Exercise. Dedicate your workout for someone else, or offer your workout up to God. [1] We can attend church every week, volunteer our time to serving the sick and needy, never utter a curse word or gossip about a single soul, but if we neglect to take care of our bodies, our temples of the Holy Spirit, we are not living the Christian life the Lord intends for us.[2]. [1] Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the word of God is alive and active. TRAIN YOUR INNER ATHLETE Have to do 20 burpees in a row? “For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value in every way as it holds promise for this life and the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8. I spoke last week at the wonderful Community Bible Church here in San Antonio on the subject of honoring God with our bodies. I love working out, & we are called to use exercise as a way to make life better. It really puts your workout in perspective, and you can use it to motivate you to start repping it out. I am not just shadowboxing. Going into a workout and lacking the motivation? of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God’s grace which was given to me according to the working of His power.