If you get along with someone, you have a good relationship, but that doesn’t mean you like that person. Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root. Last Update: 2015-10-13 Have you reached this fourth part without listening to the other three? It is different if you say they, They don’t like Jesus, because with they there are not two separate people, there is more than one person, yes, but they are not mentioned separately. like. down well. And unlike it's cousin gustar, there's nothing tricky here, it just means "To like someone". Let’s start! Politics : A government concerned about being liked? What you said didn't go down well with him. Or I like your mother’s energy. ¿Conoces esta expresión? So the choice of answers were: very good, good, bad and very bad. No sé si sabes que en Almería, por ejemplo, hay un lugar donde puedes visitar un set de películas del oeste. Cuando decimos el nombre de la persona + ME CAE BIEN estamos diciendo que nos gusta su personalidad, su carácter5, su energía, su actitud en la vida. Tú puedes llevarte estupendamente bien con tu jefe, pero realmente tu jefe no te cae bien, sólo que has conseguido conectar a nivel laboral11 con él por tu propia conveniencia12, pero no es alguien con quien te irías a una isla desierta13. Te he comentado en la primera parte de este podcast que hay muchas expresiones con CAER y con CAERSE que tienen significados que quizás no son muy fáciles de inferir1. English: intentar caer bien loc verb locución verbal: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como verbo ("sacar fuerzas de flaqueza", "acusar recibo"). It's obvious that Jorge and Tere don't get on. Usage Frequency: 1 Another expression, to GUARDAR LAS FORMAS means both parts behave to each other in a good manner way, kind, respectufully, but feeling obligated to it, because it is not actually what they would like. If you're not familar with gustar or want to know what makes gustar tricky, you … En realidad mis suegros me caen mal y creo que es mutuo pero guardamos las formas15. Listen to them because they will help you to complete the puzzle pieces about this complicated verb. Well, because in my experience, my English-speaking students, native and non-native, tend to use the verb GUSTAR in contexts where we don’t use this verb, we use ALGUIEN ME CAE BIEN O ME CAE MAL.. And the use of the verb GUSTAR in these contexts can lead to some dangerous2 mistakes. O Me gusta la actitud de tu hermana, estás diciendo que te gusta pero de una manera muy específica, porque mencionas su actitud. No le voy a caer bien a todos. Quality: A government concerned about being liked? Julia and Paul don’t like Jesus. 'You don't have to do anything to be liked or disliked. I don't know. Y por último, cuidado con confundir ALGUIEN ME CAE BIEN con LLEVARSE BIEN CON ALGUIEN. Si lo que te gusta es la personalidad de alguien entonces es mejor: In Spanish, we use LIKE mostly for something you like or for someone you like physically. Not everybody is going to like me. Translate texts with the world's best machine translation technology, developed by the creators of Linguee. See 6 authoritative translations of Caer bien in English with example sentences and audio pronunciations. What does caer bien in Spanish mean? I'm going to like the boy. MyMemory is the world's largest Translation Memory. A Julia y a Pablo les cae fatal8 Jesús. Suggest a better translation Otra expresión más, GUARDAR LAS FORMAS significa que ambas partes se comportan de una manera educada, amable, respetuosa pero por obligación porque en realidad no es lo que les gustaría. No sé, me... empezaba a caer bien el pequeñajo. Or I like your sister’s attitude, you’re saying you like her but in a very specific way, because you mention her attitude. We're part of Translated, so if you ever need professional translation services, then go checkout our main site, Usage Frequency: 1, Usage Frequency: 2, Seamos correctos con Ucrania y luego las piezas podrían. For example, if you say I like your boyfriend, there is a problem. Pero no buscó ni caer bien ni seguir la corriente. You may get along great with your boss, but you don’t really like your boss, you just connect with him on a work level11 for your own convenience12, but he’s not someone you’d go to a desert island 13with.