I should be looking for all the reasons to make all the veggie-loaded cakes. Until then, I still say this is a great addition to my breakfast rotation! Close Instant Pot lid and seal. I’m ready and waiting for all things carrot cake, asparagus, and lemon. Slice into bars and wrap individually as needed for portable snacking anytime! xx bianca, I’m Bianca, and I’m so excited to share my corner of the world with you. This is not at all a sweet oatmeal - not like how most people enjoy a packet of instant oatmeal. And if you can get veggies and fruit, that is so much winning! Last but not least, set the pot to pressure cook on low for 4 minutes with a natural release. *If making for a child under age 1, use maple syrup instead of honey. If I want to sub flour for oats or vice versa depending on the day, is there a ratio you use? Super simple. Don’t miss these. Welcome. We call our tea gift sets ‘care packages‘ because of the care we put into creating them. Join the community and stay up to date with all things Hummusapien! Thanks for reviewing, Erin! I mixed in a teaspoon of cream cheese to give it even more of a carrot cake feel. Cool completely before frosting with whipped cream if using. Don’t miss these Healthy Oatmeal Recipes for more inspiration, too! It’s also pretty easy to customize to suit your tastes. ♡, writer • plant-eater • new england homebody I love your recipes. mama of two ❊ willow & fiona I guess I get my love for carrot cake from my dad because it’s his favorite cake ever. Amount is based on available nutrient data. So glad you enjoyed this baked oatmeal recipe, Joanna. I a, our favorite holiday books are on the blog today -. It tastes fine, but it overpowered the carrot. There you have it! ★☆ Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other EBF readers! My family loved it too! Combine wet with dry. Do u use whole flax here or ground. ). I believe that real food should taste amazing AND be easy to make! So glad you enjoyed this baked oatmeal as well! • Make your oatmeal a little creamier by adding milk or butter after it’s done cooking. Filter down to just: tea infusers or cute tea spoons, Looking for sugar or honey? . A great way to start the day, or a hearty dessert! I suspect many will add sugar (or sweetened yogurt?) Wow - this is really good and very filling! I cut the ginger in half, cause even though I love ginger, it seemed like a bit much, and the ginger flavor I got was perfect! Hahahah thanks Mom!! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Anyways, enough rambling. A dark and delicious herbal brew. People have asked for them for years to help make their kiddo’s birthday delicious, fun and a bit healthier than the sugar-heavy cakes you traditionally serve up at birthday parties. Did you bake them for the same amount of time? I really appreciate it. This was perfect for my baby’s first birthday. ★☆ , Here, Eating Bird Food simply means eating a wholesome diet focused on real food — without labels. Well, good news kids (and kids at heart), now it is! She even picks the shreds out individually sometimes and eats as is. Why don’t we frost our snacks more often?! Make the frosting while you wait. Stir well and enjoy (ready in 2:30 minutes). Toast the nuts until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 5 minutes, then sprinkle with brown sugar and stir until sugar has melted and coated the pecans. I didn't have steel cut oats, so I cooked all the ingredients except the oats, until soft, then added quaker oats and cooked for the time listed on the package. Let the oats simmer until tender, about 20 more minutes. Yummy!! $4/oz. Made this over the weekend and it’s already gone! This post may include affiliate links. $7/oz. Amazon.com: carrot cake oatmeal. I may even need to double the carrot! 3. A super simple baked oatmeal recipe that is fancy enough for a special occasion or breakfast any day of the week. Next, add your sugar, salt, and seasonings and mix it up. I also cut the raisins. Leave it plain for a simple breakfast or snack or top it with homemade whipped cream for a healthier dessert! I may add a little crushed pineapple to the reheated oatmeal for even more of a "carrot cake" taste and to up the sweet factor. Subtle enough that it wasn't overpowering, but as a ginger-lover strong enough to give a tasty zing to the dish. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If you are looking jazz this up for a celebration, I totally recommend homemade whipped cream. I reduced the amount to 2 Tbsp. Your email address will not be published. Oh HAY! Altogether, we LOVED this! This makes a lot so you'll definitely have enough leftover for future mornings. Your privacy is important and I totally respect it. Hi! While the oats are simmering, melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and stir in the pecans. While the oatmeal is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the whipped cream cheese, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla in a small bowl. And now I don’t know how I lived without a bowl of cream cheese frosting in my fridge at all times. I would swap feel good about swapping whole wheat flour for the oats with the same amount since they both a “thirsty” flour and absorb about the same amount of liquid in a recipe. Skip to main content. And I personally will use half as much nutmeg next time - it was overpowering to me (and possibly increase the carrots). It tastes fine, but it overpowered the carrot. Wahoo! Preheat oven to 375°F. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and I will never blog about something that is not relevant to the community that I have built on The Friendly Fig! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add maple syrup or honey and gently fold in. Hey Darshani – I think that would work just fine. Bake for 45 minutes. Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 2-3 tbs (handful) of shredded carrots to a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Enjoy the recipe. NOTE: For a dairy-free option, try making whipped coconut cream! I’m Alexis, a croissant-lovin’ dietitian, restaurateur, and food blogger inspiring you to eat happy and live FULLY. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. After I topped the oatmeal with the pecan mixture in our bowls we just poured a little cold fat free evaporated milk over the top and ate it like that instead of yogurt. to help you make the perfect cup of tea. And with a luscious whipped cream cheese frosting made with Greek yogurt and sweetened with maple syrup, we are in serious carrot cake business. Okay, so um YES! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. <3. Easy to put together too! I buy the Bob’s Red Mill brand and store it in the freezer so it lasts longer. Granted, I don’t always indulge, but let’s just say I really enjoy a good carrot cake. Take the grated carrots and place it in the middle of a clean dish towel or large paper towel. Don’t ask me what took so long. Just add the ingredients you love, and hide the ingredients you don’t. You’ll find real food recipes, meal plans & healthy habits. Give it all a stir and then fold in the grated carrot. Turned out great! Of course, you can 100% leave it off if you prefer or sub in the classic cream cheese frosting! The other part of this recipe is making the maple cream cheese glaze – my take on cream cheese frosting. Add in drained carrots and fold in. It lends not only natural sweetness, but also a splendid brightness and acidity that gives major life to this oatmeal. I will save and apply. Quotes and links may be used only if credit is given to The Friendly Fig and linked back to the appropriate article. Pulse until very finely ground and the oats resemble flour. It doesn’t get much easier – simply add all ingredients for the oatmeal into a large bowl and mix. And let me tell you, even though it is an extra step and totally optional, it is #worthit. So, and I am finally now getting my act together and bringing veggies to birthday cakes. Thanks. – Same goes for milk. AM: Coconut Chai Black Tea, White Peach Tea For us there were no leftovers. Can I substitute the raisins for black walnuts? Enjoy on the go. Made 2 batches right away for my family and my coworkers – it’s a hit! They’re edible, but a very weird gelatinous texture. Ohh love that idea! I adore it because it feels like such a fun snack. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I loved baked oatmeal & need to make it more often. Your email address will not be published. Hey Kayla, You can sub the flax egg for a regular egg! Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition