Subscribe to delicious. I never tried it like this with 1/2 Potatoes. An easy, delicious way to use celeriac or even make mashed potatoes a little more exciting. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Drain and press through a potato ricer back into the pan once the surface water has evaporated, or mash well with a potato masher in the dry pan. This Adraki lamb chops with spiced potato mash recipe is a southern Indian inspired dish. It gives a subtle hint of flavor without changing the texture too much. Info. Place the celeriac cubes into a large pot and cover with salted water. I used twice as many potatoes (6) less butter (2 T) and skim milk. Return the vegetables to the pot, and stir over medium-high heat until liquid is no longer pooling from the vegetables. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The consistency was similar to mashed potatoes and I suspect that you could use celeriac in a one-to-one ratio with potatoes in any good mashed potatoes recipe. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Using a stick blender, whizz the celeriac to make a purée, pouring in just enough of the reserved milk to give a smooth consistency. I used strictly Celery Root with white Pepper salt cream & Butter. Spoon the mash into a serving bowl, pour the sauce on top and turn it over a few times to loosely mix. Stir two-thirds of the creamy onions into the potato and celeriac purée. please click this link to activate your account. Bring to the boil, put a lid on the pan, then simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Now you can stay up to date with all the latest news, recipes and offers. Celeriac remoulade is quick and easy to make and perfect as a … Good Food Deal Place the celeriac cubes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I added a clove of garlic to boil with the celeriac and potatoes. Remove from the heat, and pour in the cream and butter. Recipe Preparation Cook celeriac in large saucepan of boiling salted water 15 minutes. Delicious magazine is a part of Eye to Eye Media Ltd. Adapted from Bon Appetite. 117 calories; protein 2.2g 5% DV; carbohydrates 15.6g 5% DV; fat 5.6g 9% DV; cholesterol 16.7mg 6% DV; sodium 92.8mg 4% DV. magazine. I used to make Celery Root "Mashed Potatoes" myself until my local Grocery Stores quit carrying Celery Root. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Thanks! Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 12 minutes. Stir through the parsley, season to taste and serve. I had never eaten celeriac before but enjoyed this variation on mashed potatoes. Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook, Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped. Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. I put it in my blender & My Family liked it better than Mashed Potatoes.....it is a little sweeter flavor than Potato.....a creamy delicious taste. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Drain any remaining milk and reserve. Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll send you a link to reset your password. I also added some chopped fresh parsley the last 3 minutes of cooking. While the potatoes cook, melt the 140g butter over a medium heat, then sweat the spring onions for about 5 mins until soft and silky, stirring occasionally. Add the cream and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Can make a low fat version by using low fat milk and cutting back on the butter.