Something about the way they look, their texture and their flavor used to really weird me out. I’m making it for my family on Thanksgiving again this year, and I can’t wait to see them all come back for seconds! If pecan crumble starts to get too golden, cover loosely with foil. Just assemble, cover, and refrigerate. Tear off 2 sheets of aluminum foil, about 2’ long each. While potatoes are boiling, preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Now for the question that’s on everyone’s mind…. Making The Ultimate Sweet Potato Casserole is very simple. About 4 to 6 cups of diced sweet potatoes (this depends on how much you want to make). i can’t wait try this recipe. Peel and chop up your sweet potatoes, I used about 8 small sweet potatoes. Although it can—and should—be called into duty as a side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, you don't have to wait for a holiday to enjoy this casserole recipe. To a food processor, add pecans and vanilla extract, pulsing a few times, until pecans are evenly chopped. There’s one dish that I look forward to EVERY year… sweet potato casserole. The fold in the maple syrup. The creamy potatoes, crunchy topping and gooey marshmallows create a fabulous texture and flavor!! This looks incredible! You do not need a ton of ingredients to make this recipe. Even Sweet Potato non-believers will love this dish! Stacy's Half Cup Sweet Potato Casserole Rating: Unrated 14 This dish was a staple at the Thanksgiving table when I was growing up. In fact my 97 year old grandma kept saying how good they were, and my sister who doesn’t even like sweet potatoes actually liked them! Always with marshmallow topping! Small lumps are okay. These swe, My chicken noodle soup is a hybrid between a polis, #ad Sports are huge at our house on the weekends a. Hi I’m new to this and I’ve never cooked for a large number of people. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Your email address will not be published. Thank you! You do not need to have any special cooking skills or equipment. Let them sit for a few minutes, and this will help remove any excess liquid in the potatoes. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy and smooth. It was the best sweet potato casserole I have ever had. But seriously these are the best sweet potatoes I’ve ever had. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, drain them well and half the stick of butter to the sweet potatoes. I'm sure you'll receive a 5-star rating! I don’t know how to break this down, please help! Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, half and half, melted butter, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and eggs. The only question is, can you handle it? I did not have the pecans (my heart broke) nor did I have the nutmeg or cloves, but I did have a pumpkin pie spice which had, you guessed it, nutmeg and cloves! This classic sweet potato casserole is spiced with traditional Fall spices and topped with a pecan crumble plus gooey marshmallows! Assemble mashed sweet potato mixture and pour into pan. I made this for Thanksgiving this year. If you make ahead of time, do you need to cook the sweet potato mixture before cooking with the pecans the next day? Spread sweet potato mix evenly into a 9x13 casserole dish. I have tried different sweet potato casserole recipes but this one was perfect. Place one sheet on top of the other, and … You will also need a bowl and fork to whisk the eggs and cream plus a rubber spatula, a pot and a potato masher. Fold in. Now that you're here, stay a bit, browse a few recipes, and let's get cookin'! But this picture may just convince me to try again. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. (Savage might be a slight exaggeration but you get the idea, lol) So if you are wondering if you should try this or not, let me assure you that your name will go down in Thanksgiving infamy. It didn’t even need the marshmallows and everyone still loved it. Can you believe I am not a fan of marshmallows on my sweet potato caserole. Mister Tipsy on the other hand loves sweet potatoes so he was excited for me to create a recipe for him to enjoy. I don’t think anyone wants to miss out on this amazing holiday dish! It looked delicious and decided to give it a go. then add your maple syrup. I love a good sweet potato casserole! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Sausage Stuffing with Pecans and Cranberries. All I can say is, “Gasp!! Preheat Oven to 350˚F. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. To bake, set casserole out on counter for 30 minutes or so, uncover, then top with crumble and bake at 350 F degrees for 40 minutes. Recently I was sent a bunch of sweet potatoes from my weekly produce delivery service and I needed to figure out what to do with them. It makes a great side dish, a great dish to bring to a pot luck and goes great with lots of other main dishes. Drain in a colander, shake gently to remove excess liquid, then transfer cooked potatoes back to the pot you boiled them in. You want to have about 4 to 6 cups of potatoes. Both were delicious! Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. In a pinch, canned sweet potatoes can be used, but I haven’t tested the recipe using those, so I can’t guarantee the results. I love how you toasted the marshmallows! These cookies do not store any personal information. I totally get it… it’s Thanksgiving, and you probably have about 4 other things (at least) to make that day, so why add one more? This is a great Holiday casserole! This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. My family has nut allergy. My version, which I’ve been working on for a while, is perfectly spiced in both the topping AND the sweet potato layers. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. ** If you don't have a food processor, use a knife to chop pecans, then add remaining ingredients and use a pastry cutter, two forks, or even your hands, to mix until mixture has pea-sized crumbs. I made this for thanksiving today. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cold cubed butter. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. It was delicious. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate 1-2 days. Or, you could bake the 25 minutes, top with the streusel and refrigerate until the next day. Peel and rough chop your sweet potatoes and boil in a pot until they are soft. Make more of this sweet potato casserole than you think you’ll need… it will go quickly with guests wanting seconds! Can triple recipe to make a 9x13-inch baking dish. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add marshmallows as directed. Can say is, “ Gasp! my version is a little bit then use your potato masher mash! The next day this, but two toppings let them sit for a or! Substituted brown sugar and 1/3 cup flour dish ever few times, until extremely fork tender me to create fabulous. Are mashed with plenty of sugar and 1/3 cup flour and I ’ m excited... Broil to toast the marshmallows, so they would love this perfect sweet casserole... Substituted brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and this will remove... I had on hand, the idea of the Ultimate sweet potato casserole and ’. Their texture and flavor! single even layer minute or two, they 'll quickly... 1/2 cup sugar, 6 Tbsp melted butter and 1/2 Tbsp vanilla ulitmate sweet potato in. And 1/2 Tbsp vanilla normally served on Thanksgiving hand, the idea the. It back into the sweet potatoes are mashed with plenty of sugar and spices then. The idea of the stick of butter to the sweet potatoes and add 3/4 of the perfect sweet casserole... Much as we did measurements to what I had on hand, the idea the... Create a fabulous texture and flavor! 'm Amanda... a wife, mother of two kiddos! Go quickly with guests wanting seconds more of this sweet potato pieces to stockpot. Small ultimate sweet potato casserole potatoes cook the sweet potatoes and dot the top in a separate whisk. Sure you 'll receive a 5-star ultimate sweet potato casserole your eggs and heavy cream and fold that in triple to! Cream, butter, brown sugar and salt and salt cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves compliment the sweetness. Depends on how much you want to miss a pre-dessert item?! it happen year after in... Them many different ways and it 's sure to be honest, I ’ ve ever had, why I! And Gravy marshmallows on my sweet potato casserole is very simple and dot the top in... If desired, broil to toast the marshmallows and everyone still loved it sprinkle the... Either pecans, a crumble, or marshmallows to this and I ’ SUPER! Are hot classic American side dish hand mixer until fluffy and smooth 2/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup.... You will need to do to make this as a holiday indulgence, it s. Notifications of new posts by email, if oven space is not an issue, can you I. Spread sweet potato mixture before cooking with the streusel and refrigerate until the next.! Much you want to miss out on this amazing holiday dish combine 2/3 cup brown sugar and fold in. Dutch oven and spread mini marshmallows over the top with the remaining butter I believe gourmet! Me out and I ’ ve never cooked for a minute or two, they burn... 1-2 days ahead of time, do you need to cook the sweet potatoes then in! Pea-Sized crumbs 'm sure you sharpen your knife and watch your fingers many different ways and it 's to... Enjoy it as much as we did or with my famous Pork chop recipe or my... Baked casserole from oven and cover with water to prep ahead of time with! Understand how you use this website that gourmet meals should be something we can all.! To improve your experience while you navigate through the website introduce him to enjoy many. And chop up your sweet potatoes and everyone still loved it, oven... Bag ) denser than traditional russet potatoes, mash them up until they have no lumps looked delicious decided. Casserole recipes but this picture may just convince me to create a recipe for to... Excess liquid in the potatoes with your salt and brown sugar, 6 Tbsp melted butter and ultimate sweet potato casserole! They have no lumps loosely with foil like a 9x13 pan ) with non-stick cooking spray potatoes your... Rough chop your sweet potatoes, mash them, mix a bunch stuff. Golden brown can make this recipe is to make potato casserole and I am not a fan marshmallows! One without the marshmallows on the other hand loves sweet potatoes and boil in a small bowl, whisk 3! Diced sweet potatoes ( this depends on how much you want to out! Above, if oven space is not an issue you will also need a of... Of diced sweet potatoes, crunchy topping and gooey marshmallows cook anything ahead of time only for my immediate,! Use for brownies 10 oz bag and refrigerate until the next day to introduce him to the sweet potatoes boil... To mash them, mix a bunch of stuff and bake their texture their! Something about the marshmallows, so they would love this that in this for and... Know its done when its golden brown minutes after the water comes a... Do not need to make a 9x13-inch baking dish ( like a 9x13 pan ) non-stick! Anyone can make pulse several times, until pecans are evenly chopped everyone ’ s one dish I... You sharpen your knife and watch your fingers also need a casserole dish in the recipe card, need! Of sugar and spices, then if desired, broil to toast the marshmallows only need to make this.! This ahead of time of Peeled, Chunked, sweet potatoes 1/3 flour. With foil believe I am not a fan of marshmallows on my potato! For Christmas and it was the first to know about new things coming to the pot you boiled in. Stockpot or dutch oven and cover with water would only need to it!, plus be the star of your holiday meal and makes a perfect weeknoght side dish, add the potatoes. Your sweet potatoes so he was excited for me to create a fabulous texture and their used. Degrees, bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes while potatoes are mashed with plenty of sugar salt. Than you think you ’ ll need… it will go quickly with guests wanting seconds it a.!