Add the cheese and stir until it has melted into the sauce. I had these Butternut Squash Ravioli from Trader Joe’s in the freezer but kept passing them by because I had no idea what sauce to put on top of them. Finally, add in the dried herbs, salt, and pepper, to taste. I use store-bought pre-packaged fresh ravioli to make it easy, but if you’re feeling adventurous, go ahead and make your own from scratch. From start to finish, it takes no more than 25 minutes. I’ve made this three times now and I love it every time!! Delicious! Smelled and tasted delicious. And besides, that means that all the mushrooms everyone picks out of their meal means more for me. Add ravioli and boil for 3 minutes, then drain and blanch the ravioli by running cold water over it immediately. Hi! This video on this page is automatically generated content related to “ravioli dinner ideas”. have all had their moments, in addition to just about every other superfood/popular food out there. I made this so I could prep quick meals for my freezer: chicken, noodles and mixed vegetables. It turned out amazing (it kind of reminded us of Risotto) and it’s definitely a sauce to keep in my book. I need to feed 5. Serve them along side ;the pasta or throw them out? I tweaked it just a little. Keep simmering until it starts to thicken and the sauce is reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes. Love the substitutions Ashley. Hi Renia – it’s one thing when the hubs and wife like something, but when the whole family likes it then it’s a HIT ! Cheese and using the sauce to top chicken potatoes and green beans and bake. Totally didn’t have many groceries for dinner today so I threw some pancake mix in for flour and garlic powder for minced garlic. many thanks from Viriginia! Alright thank you. Just a tip I learned- heat serving bowls in low temp oven prior to serving. My family love it. That was so nice! We won't send you spam. Let me know how it turns out! Just had this for dinner and we love, loved it!!! Everyone loved it. I double the recipe above, add the clam juice from the cans of clams, herbs, pepper flakes and stir until the sauce is thickened. Definitely making again. Thank you, James! Your email address will not be published. Carefully add in the heavy cream and start whisking. I love garlic so added a little more than the recipe called for. It was the absolute best. Now, let’s try to get your sauce perfect. 1/4 freshly grated Parmesan. Thank you! Salt is a very personal preference which is why so many recipes will say ‘season to taste’. Some Parmesan on top helped just a bit, but really needs to be added with the flour or herbs. Your email address will not be published. Add the cream and stir. It’s back now, but there’s an ad covering step #1 of the instructions that won’t go away. The sauce is delicious, but i cant get it to stop separating a little bit of the butter always rises to the top. I’m actually about to fix it again tonight for Supper. Also a bit too much butter to this, it can be scaled back a bit and still make a good bechamel. The filling is in between two layers of egg pasta dough and sealed around the edges. If desired, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, parsley or thyme, and cracked black pepper before serving. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the ravioli and I truly appreciate the compliment! I am so excited to share all of my food creations and tips on finding “the sum” of all things yummy! Just fyi: there’s no lactose in butter. One bite and you’ll never want your ravioli any other way! I will be coming up with more uses for this sauce. I don’t have whole milk and I want to make this tonight. Why you gotta be sassy? Divide the pasta and sauce between two oven-safe bowls. Also after you add the milk cook, while stirring, basically like a cream sauce, which this is. Photography by Erika Mattingly Photography. This was perfect & delicious! This was so tasty! Thank you so much, Kathy! Haven’t been able to try this recipe yet. But now, it’s the humble mushroom’s turn! I put parmesan cheese and shrimp in the sauce and poured it on vermicelli it was a hit I will be following you every week now (I am a first timer on this site). I ended up adding lemon juice to it because originally it was just going to top our shrimp. I also love the tip, great idea! You’ll think it came from a 5-star chef—I’m serious!