This is a delicious way to amp up the next shakshuka you try :). Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. to creamed spinach, which makes sense: the spinach is cooked down with half-and-half, crowned with just-cooked eggs, and paired with a side of crispy latkes, ready to mop up any excess egg yolk. I love butternut squash too. Traditional Shakshuka Vs. Green Shakshuka. I’m a recipe developer, food blogger, YouTuber and massive wanderluster (getting food inspiration from around the world!). Make 6 small wells for the eggs with your spatula, and crack an egg in each well. Repeat with the remaining batter and oil; drain latkes on paper towels. By adding half-and-half to the cooked greens, it brings them together, taking on the earthy flavor of the vegetables while adding a little sweetness and creaminess. I found my solution in an American steakhouse side: creamed spinach. Read on for Adeena’s latke tips, then upgrade Hanukkah with a recipe for creamy green shakshuka with crispy latkes from “Sababa.” Adeena compares her green shakshuka to creamed spinach, which makes sense: the spinach is cooked down with half-and-half, crowned with just-cooked eggs, and paired with a side of crispy latkes, ready to mop up any excess egg yolk. Remove any excess water from the potatoes. March 11, 2016. I can’t wait to give this a try! Add almond milk and stir to mix together. Reduce the heat on the stove to medium-low, stir in the half-and-half, and simmer until the mixture unifies and thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes (at this point you can turn off the heat, cover the mixture, and make the latkes). It’s the perfect fall breakfast :). I end up with arms so full that I get home and start cleaning and separating   leaves from stems, eager to cook down the bounty so the rest can fit, albeit tightly, in the fridge. Eggs are baked in an exotic herbal, spiced sauce for a delicious brunch, lunch, or dinner, Thanksgiving Dinner for One in a Muffin Tin, Crumbly cheese, such as cotija, for garnish. Tag. Hi Zelda – the nutritional info is per serving, and there are 6 servings in this recipe. How to make Green Shakshuka. I shop the shuk for produce the way some scour racks for clothes, poring over a table of greens for the frilliest kale, the chard with the loveliest shade of green, the spinach with the most beautiful tapered blossoms. I’m thrilled you’re loving all my holiday recipes and I hope you love this orange shakshuka as much as the original. Adeena suggests after grating the potatoes and onions to place them in a clean towel and wring out any extra water—we guarantee your latkes will be crispier than French fries. ;), You’re more than welcome, Virgina! Everything’s about timing when it comes to making latkes. You can make the sauce, cover it, move on, to the latkes, and then, while they’re frying to a crisp, warm the sauce, add the eggs, and finish, The 20 Best ALDI Finds for November Are All About Cookies & Thanksgiving, 8 Easy Ways to Make Boxed Mac & Cheese Taste Like You Made It from Scratch, The Cookbooks We're Most Excited for This Fall, Ready or Not, Pumpkin Spice Products Are Back Again, 7 Helpful Produce Subscriptions You Should Know About, Meal Prep Containers That Will Get You Excited to Make Lunch, The Best Food & Drink Advent Calendars for 2020, Chowhound Christmas Gift Guide 2020: Best Gifts for Food-Loving Families and Parents, Why You Should Spatchcock Your Turkey & How to Do It, The Ultimate Guide to Perfect Mashed Potatoes. Just as the fall leaves turn to orange, so does my shakshuka recipe. Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup of the vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat (don’t worry, they’ll still crisp, without burning). It’s a warm and fragrant mix of butternut squash, onion, orange bell pepper, vegetable broth, garlic, spices, and herbs. Mention. It’s a warm and fragrant mix of butternut squash, onion, orange bell pepper, vegetable broth, garlic, spices, and herbs.