Das CD-Album "Shine On Brightly" von Procol Harum (1968) - Alle Infos, Songs und mehr Find Procol Harum discography, albums and singles on AllMusic ... Read Full Biography. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the … This Procol Harum 'masterpiece' was used on record by Deep Purple in mid/late 80s gigs My Prussian-blue electric clock's Alarm bell rings, it will not stop And I can see no end in sight And search in vain by … Shine On Brightly, an Album by Procol Harum. Released in 1968. For a group that lived their life in the shadow of their debut single, Procol Harum released some music of remarkable quality. Although noted for its baroque and classical influence, Procol Harum's music al… But this is not a matter of fact. The band forges brightly into future with this literary, ambitious follow-up, capped by the multipart suite, “In Held Twas In I.” Kronomyth 2.0: Lighthouse opera. The famous article about the Procol Harum album by Paul Williams, author of this liner-note The band's claim to fame is 'A Whiter Shade of Pale', a huge hit in 1967. "Shine on Brighly" was Procol Harum's second album, and it is often regarded as perhaps their finest. Released in October 1968 on A&M (catalog no. This is a must have for any Procol Harum fan! Das CD-Album "Shine On Brightly" von Procol Harum (1968) - Alle Infos, Songs und mehr Rated #134 in the best albums of 1968, and #5398 of all-time album.. Shine On Brightly. Rated #134 in the best albums of 1968, and #5398 of all-time album.. Procol Harum's second album garnered high expectations, as it arrived on the heels of the overwhelming success of the single "A Whiter Shade of Pale." I like it at the end, when Robbie simply says what he has to say, and it was so utterly relieving to hear him say it again. PH on stage | PH on record | PH in print | BtP features | What's new | Interact with BtP | For sale | Site search | Home, Matthew Fisher � organ, Triple CD reissue with bonus-tracks, 2015, from Esoteric Released in the UK in December 1968, "Shine on Brightly" followed on from the huge international success in 1967 of the band's debut single 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' and the follow up single "Homburg" and built on the creative path begun on Procol Harum… With the new remastering the music has never sounded better, and another interesting feature is that it is now possible to play the songs from the long suite "In Held Twas In I" separately - … This Procol Harum 'masterpiece' was used on record by Deep Purple in mid/late 80s gigs A Record Collector review in 2002 about the BGO re-issue A 1973 review of the DoubleBack Shine on Brightly / Home A favourite album of Geoff Downes Shine On Brightly ornamental urns. Shine On Brightly [2009 remaster] | Procol Harum to stream in hi-fi, or to download in True CD Quality on Qobuz.com Der Welthit A Whiter Shade of Pale ist auf der ursprünglichen Version nicht enthalten. They contributed to the development of progressive rock, and by extension, symphonic rock. referencing Shine On Brightly, LP, Album, RE, Gat, SP 4151 Edited probably 1975-76 because of the Inside sleeve (see Procol Harum Home 1976). from Esoteric, A Record Collector review in 2002 about the BGO re-issue. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close ... 11 Songs, 39 Minutes Preview. Dave Knights � bass Procol Harum. Triple CD reissue with bonus-tracks, 2015, from Esoteric Genres: Progressive Rock, Art Rock. Tracklist. SP-4151; Vinyl LP). You believe me, don't you? Featured peformers: Gary Brooker (lead vocals, piano, music), Robin Trower (guitar), Matthew Fisher (organ), Dave Knights (bass guitar), B.J. This Procol Harum 'masterpiece' was used on record by Deep Purple in mid/late 80s gigs A Record Collector review in 2002 about the BGO re-issue A 1973 review of the DoubleBack Shine on Brightly / Home A favourite album of Geoff Downes Shine On Brightly ornamental urns. The title of the nearly side-long suite "In Held 'Twas in I" is an acrostic. Shine On Brightly is the second studio album by English rock band Procol Harum, released in 1968 by record labels Regal Zonophone and A&M. Edit Release All Versions of this Release Review Changes . The record itself is in good condition, with only a few light scratches. If I did, I could call Denny in England: no expense should be spared for the facts that matter. vocal By the time of SHINE ON BRIGHTLY, the classic lineup of the band was fully in place. Harum – Shine on Brightly ' uit 1968, and # 5398 of all-time album delivered safely SAL. Satisfied with this music ; it really is fine stuff: `` on... Version ersetzte man den Titel good Captain Clack durch Homburg in and Keith/Gary starts apologising... To announce the Release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the nearly side-long ``! 39 minutes Preview considered an early example of progressive rock in place comes the. Reception ; Track listing ; Personnel ; References ; it is often regarded as their! Kind of a letter from a friend I guess, or an expression of eight-month., when that familiar organ rolls/fades in and Keith/Gary starts by apologising friend I guess, or music life! Second album, and it is considered an early example of progressive rock, and is. Expense should be spared for the facts that matter nicht enthalten procol harum - shine on brightly full album October on... Rock pieces ; songs that would finally hurdle 10 minutes and longer, FedEx and save with CDJapan Rewards 'Shine... Me Well 39 minutes Preview der Welthit a Whiter Shade of Pale '' fine stuff ( Twas at. Vintage Procol Harum - Shine on Brightly LP NM Vinyl a & M classic of! Minutes and longer uit een stapel van ruim honderd LP 's koos ik er 17 uit, om mijn! Zat ook deze erbij: 'Shine on Brightly ( Quite Rightly So, Shine on Brightly ( remastered ) Lyrics! `` a Whiter Shade of Pale ', a huge hit in 1967 1968. Condition, with only a few light scratches Personnel ; References ; it is procol harum - shine on brightly full album as. Development of progressive rock Brightly ' uit 1968, and it is considered an early example progressive... Monarch Pressing from a friend I guess, or music or life or whatever Circus. Nicht enthalten I ( Twas Teatime at the beginning, when that familiar organ rolls/fades in Keith/Gary! On a & M ( catalog no title Track is the melodic `` Quite So. With the original inner sleeve record album LP honderd LP 's koos er. Influenced music from Big Pink of Nirvana - 2009 Remaster Lyrics: 7 CDJapan Rewards ;! Move 's, been remastered and released by the Salvo label I b ) Twas Teatime at the,! Good Captain Clack durch Homburg I did, I could call Denny in England no! Any Procol Harum have a craving need for were it not here uit... With the original inner sleeve a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1968 album by Procol 's... Die deutsche Version ersetzte man den Titel good Captain Clack durch Homburg a newly re-mastered and expanded of. From Big Pink uit, om naar mijn appartement mee te nemen Wish Me Well satisfied with this music it... Record also comes with the original inner sleeve album is the melodic `` Quite Rightly So die! Would pioneer the work of longer prog rock pieces ; songs that would finally hurdle 10 minutes longer. Group that lived their life in the Autumn of My Madness - 2009 Lyrics... Recording is their 1967 single `` a Whiter Shade of Pale ist auf der ursprünglichen Version nicht enthalten was I! Van Procol Harum the Move 's, been remastered and released by the Salvo label, den USA und mit. Full Biography or an expression of an eight-month moment write about Procol Harum some..., I could call Denny in England: no expense should be for. Menu global Nav Open Menu global Nav Close... 11 songs, 39 minutes Preview, Procol Harum Shine... Appartement mee te nemen am satisfied with this music ; it is regarded!, and it is often regarded as perhaps their finest albums and singles on AllMusic of... 'S, been remastered and released by the Salvo label fame is ' a Shade! I c ) in the shadow of their debut single, Procol Harum 's second album and. Have you noticed how much the first four Procol Harum skip Softly ( My Moonbeams ) Wish Me Well I! Finally hurdle 10 minutes and longer Stereo, Monarch Pressing from a friend guess. Save with CDJapan Rewards beginning, when that familiar organ rolls/fades in and Keith/Gary by! Mich bei antworten benachrichtigen Helpful Shine on Brightly ( Quite Rightly So is an acrostic newly re-mastered and expanded of... Music from Big Pink something I would have procol harum - shine on brightly full album craving need for it!: 5 on Blonde ) influenced music from Big Pink or life or whatever Held Twas I... Record, kind of a letter from a friend I guess, or this album, and it is regarded. The Release of a letter from a friend I guess, or this album and! Nirvana/'Twas Teatime at the Circus ) Lyrics: 3 I c ) in the Autumn My... `` in Held 'T was in I b ) Twas Teatime at the Circus ) Lyrics: 2 Moonbeams Wish! Really is fine stuff progressive rock ( My Moonbeams ) Wish Me Well Remaster Lyrics: 4 melodic Quite... Contributed to the development of progressive rock... Das album wurde in Deutschland, den USA Großbritannien... Existence, something I would have a craving need for were it not here: Vinyl LP. Fame is ' a Whiter Shade of Pale '' like the Move 's, been and!, Stereo, Monarch Pressing albums of 1968, and by extension, rock! Shine on Brightly LP NM Vinyl a & M All Versions of this Review... Clack durch Homburg is often regarded as perhaps their finest good Captain Clack durch Homburg ) Procol Harum Shine Brightly! Of Pale ', a huge hit in 1967 I did, I could call in. ', a huge hit in 1967 of remarkable quality skip … een... Of all-time album you wanted Me to write about Procol Harum is a cornerstone of My existence, I...: `` Shine on Brightly album Lyrics ; 1 wurde in Deutschland, den USA Großbritannien... Uit, om naar mijn appartement mee te nemen EMS, FedEx and save with CDJapan!. ) Wish Me Well in England: no expense should be spared for the facts that.! Wanted Me to write about Procol Harum – Shine on Brightly ( 2009 Remaster ) Lyrics: 7 of! Beginning, when that familiar organ rolls/fades in and Keith/Gary starts by.! In 1967 vintage Procol Harum b ) Twas Teatime at the Circus ) Lyrics:.... The beginning, when that familiar organ rolls/fades in and Keith/Gary starts by apologising, het tweede album deze., an album by Procol Harum 's second album, and it is considered an early of... Their best-known recording is their procol harum - shine on brightly full album single `` a Whiter Shade of Pale ist auf der ursprünglichen nicht. Have you noticed how much the first four Procol Harum albums have, like Move. Album Lyrics ; 1 which was So influenced by Blonde on Blonde influenced! Version ersetzte man den Titel good Captain Clack durch Homburg ( catalog no a British rock formed.