Mild chicken is an easy addition to this classic and does not compete with the traditional mac and cheese flavor. Total time using leftovers: 30 minutes Use 400g/14oz leftover roast chicken, serves 4, Get the recipe => Ham, Pea and Sprout Risotto How to adapt using leftovers: For leftover chicken risotto, simply use leftover chicken instead of leftover ham. Leave a comment below…, Subscription offer: save 44% and receive a brand-new cookbook. They’re such a fantastic deal here, especially if you make stock with the carcass. (If you can’t get hold of pumpkin, use butternut squash instead) Total time using leftovers: 30 minutes Use 400g/14oz leftover roast chicken, serves 4, Get the recipe => Leftover Lamb Korma How to adapt using leftovers: For leftover chicken korma, simply use leftover chicken instead of leftover lamb. Delicious. This wholesome dish is packed with crunchy vegetables to make up 2 of your 5-a-day, Use leftover chicken breast in this substantial healthy soup. Using leftover (or rotisserie chicken) will cut back on the time it takes to make this Mexican favorite. Take a look at our leftover chicken recipe collection for even more pocket-friendly midweek meals. You'll also need black beans, lettuce, crema, queso fresco, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, garlic cloves, and small corn tortillas. See the tip box for our feta & spinach scone recipe. This wholesome dish is packed with crunchy vegetables to make up 2 of your 5-a-day 35 mins Spicy hot sauce and creamy avocado can be added to make this taco your own. In the cooler months, nothing says cozy like a big pot of chili. Crunchy celery and juicy tomatoes pair up for an incredible sandwich to take on your next picnic. This easy comfort food calls for leftover or rotisserie chicken and store-bought puff pastry. Bulk up your wraps with tinned kidney beans, sweetcorn and your favourite fresh veg. Perfect for sharing, try these DIY dinner wraps for a night in with your family. This nutty drizzle is a sweet contrast to the savory ingredients and pulls the entire dish together. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. This twist on an old classic stuffs a chicken stew with seasonal vegetables and then tops it off with fluffy dumplings! Thanks for sharing your left over roast chicken recipes. I share recipes for people who LOVE good food, but want to keep things simple :). And homemade pizza is so much fun! https://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/12-leftover-chicken-recipes-gallery Place butter side up on top of chicken. The secret that makes this salad better than all others? Best served with cheese scones, This recipe is easily doubled to All rights reserved. This salad recipe was created in honor of hip hop artist Kendrick Lamar. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! New! This easy quesadilla features grated Monterey Jack cheese and chicken. Swapping yogurt for sour cream allows you to use up what you already have on hand. Turn your chicken into a hearty soup in about half an hour. I'm Kim. The more the merrier, am I right? This sheet-pan dinner is quicker, easier, and has more crispy topping per bite than your standard pasta casserole. A store-bought rotisserie chicken or the leftovers from last night's chicken dinner cut down the time it takes to pull together this nourishing grain bowl. Serve with crusty bread. It’s all about the aromatics, though. Dinner, solved. It really makes a difference. © 2020 Condé Nast. Creamy cheese and juicy chicken are smothered in zesty ranch for an incredible three-flavor punch. If you are in the mood for some Tex-Mex fusion, this is the recipe for you. Make the most of leftovers with these budget-friendly recipes, from soups and salads to thrifty midweek meals. It takes just 10 minutes from prep to plate and it's healthy too, Make this noodle salad using leftover chicken from our Chinese poached chicken & rice, This tasty pasta dish is a great way of using up your leftover chicken, Learn to make this creamy, comforting risotto with our easy, step-by-step recipe – great for using up leftover chicken, Struggle to find dishes to cook that take very little time but the whole family will love? This recipe is more of a fully customizable template, with endless possibilities! Leftover Chicken Stew With Dumplings I have gathered together 12 Easy Leftover Roast Chicken Recipes from my site – many of them were originally written for roast chicken leftovers, and the rest I explain clearly below how to adapt them to use leftover roast chicken instead. As a result, I’m always looking for creative ways for using up the meat—you’ve given me a whole slew of fresh, new ideas to try out! If you don’t mention how easy this dish is, no one will ever know! Such a delicious dinner, and so very simple! A tad more standard than the above combo, chicken salad has been saving leftover chicken for years. Contact Us, Click Here to Get Our Top 10 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas. Maybe you roasted a bird last night, but just couldn't finish it. As the recipe states, the vegetable combinations are endless, and you could clean out your fridge! Veggies and chicken come together to make a hearty soup that will warm your bones. This is a well-balanced meal that you can customize to your personal taste and preference. Chicken leftovers can usually be safely stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 1 month. The canned beans get a major upgrade thanks to garlic and spices. Using pre-made flatbread takes out all the work, making this the perfect weeknight meal in a pinch, or prep-ahead lunch. Chop up your family’s favorites and add them to this creamy dish. This recipe is flexible enough to use as many veggies as you like. Once your Sunday lunch is over, you have to find a way to use up the leftovers. Cover with left over chicken. Don’t prep chicken for enchilada night, use your leftovers to make this family favorite! serve four if you have plenty of leftover chicken; Toss leftover chicken with herbs and noodles and the dinner comes together in minutes. This recipe trades in marinara sauce for creamy alfredo and the ground beef for leftover chicken. Never freeze cooked chicken more than once. The flavours become more concentrated and, if you time things right, the texture is just perfect. 10. I’m Eb – a professional blogger, busy mum and passionate foodie and it is my mission in life to make cooking EASIER and MORE DELICIOUS! Cool it down by topping your bowl with a generous dollop of sour cream. Required fields are marked *. Dull but important note on food safety… please remember to get your chicken leftovers into the fridge or freezer within 2 hours of the chicken coming out of the oven. This satisfying Thai-inspired green curry is ready in just 20 minutes with a little help from a store-bought rotisserie chicken, or leftover chicken from last night. This recipe is made with milder white cheese types that coat each bite in creamy deliciousness. You’ve made a delicious roast chicken, but now you have heaps of leftovers and want to turn them into a quick and easy midweek meal that tastes awesome? Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | If you have other leftovers you need to use up, please check out my full collection of leftovers recipes. Spinach, garlic, and onion complete each bite with a Tuscan flair that is oh-so-decadent.