These look fantastic, Rhian – I’m so making them this weekend! Your email address will not be published. Thank you. 5. What I love about these truffles is that they’re not overwhelmingly sweet, as they’re naturally sweetened and you’re 100% in control of how much sweetness you add. Sounds and looks great! We are the kitchen divas: Karin and my partner in life Ken. You can get hold of cacao butter in local health stores, Whole Foods, online, and probably in large supermarkets too. Matcha green tea powder really compliments the strong white chocolate flavour of cacao butter, and its earthy bitterness works really with the velvety smooth, super creamy texture of the blended cashews. Getting in the mood with, Don’t want to turn on your oven? You can use soaked macadamia nuts or soaked blanched almonds, but cashews have the best texture! In this case, melt the cacao butter first using a bain-marie before adding to the food processor. These undetectably vegan Matcha Chocolate Truffles are beautifully colourful, rich and creamy, and super easy to make! I know Christmas is a long, long way off but something tells me they could look pretty festive in the holiday season…. You can buy matcha powder from local health stores or Asian supermarkets. If the chocolate starts to separate or look grainy add in a tablespoon of hot water and the chocolate mixture/ganache will come back together. I love making these truffles to give away as edible gifts! A few more notes to make these Matcha Truffles…. Matcha Latte Chia Pudding. Variety is definitely the spice of life! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The truffles are not overly sweet and have a very original, slightly bitter, typical matcha taste, mellowed by the buttery creaminess of white chocolate. Matcha is lovely yes. Home » Recipes » Vegan Matcha Chocolate Truffles, Last updated - March 8, 2020; Published - March 15, 2017 By Rhian Williams 10 Comments. Once the chocolate has melted completely, pour in the matcha cream and mix well. These truffles are SO easy to whip up. Drain soaked cashews and add to a food processor along with all the other ingredients*, Put the mixture (keeping it in the food processor but you can transfer to a bowl if you wish) into the fridge and leave for 4-5 hours to harden – the mixture should be hard enough to easily shape into balls, Sprinkle desiccated coconut and freeze-dried strawberries onto a plate, Use two teaspoons to make teaspoon-sized balls of the mixture, then use your hands to roll the mixture in the desiccated coconut and freeze-dried strawberries, Keep truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Go ahead and give it a try! I decided to roll the truffles in desiccated coconut and freeze-dried strawberries as the sweet, nutty flavour of the coconut really compliments the flavour of matcha and white chocolate, and the fruity strawberries add a lovely fragrance. Privacy policy & disclosure. For more yummy matcha recipes, check out my: If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! It's filled with chlorophyll and amino acids so you can feel good about going for dessert! Yeaaaaaah, me e, Happy 4th of July weekend, everybody!! Making chocolate from scratch may sound a little bothersome, but these little truffles honestly couldn’t be easier to make! All you need to do is soak cashews and add to a food processor, along with all the other ingredients. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! If you are a fan of matcha, I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did. An eternal copyright. The truffles themselves are super easy to prepare and extremely decadent, they only use 6 ingredients in total and are whipped up in no time at all. Then just refrigerate the mixture until hardened, roll into balls and devour. Thank you! Sounds delicious. I only need the cacao butter and I can make them myself. Thank you so much! Took me a total of like 15-20 minutes for the entire process. The truffle base takes like five minutes, rolling them into balls takes about five minutes, dipping them in chocolate takes about 10 minutes. Amazing, matcha is awesome ? « Wagamama-Inspired Wok-Fried Greens (Vegan + GF), (1 cup) raw cashew nuts, soaked in cold water overnight or in boiling hot water for 15 minutes, Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes (Gluten-Free). Form the truffles. Made these today and they were great! *If your food processor isn’t very powerful, it may have trouble with the cacao butter. Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. Roasted butternut squash purée, apple & sausage w, Fall is here!!! Although the recipe looks a bit unusual, it is as easy to make as any other cake. I love matcha and have used it to make all sorts of sweet treats, so I knew I’d love adding matcha flavour to these truffles. I love the flavour of matcha, so I’m sure I would love to try these truffles. A note about coconut cream: You can either use the solid portion of a can of coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk in this recipe. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. hope you like them! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you. matcha chocolate truffles, refined sugar free truffles, vegan matcha truffles. Instead, save it to use in other recipes or to make a yummy smoothie! We have been attached at the heart and hip since the first day we met, and we love to create new dishes to keep things interesting. Here’s a, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers, Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple & Sausage White Pizza, Vegan Chai Brown Rice Pudding with Warm Cinnamon Oranges. If you want square truffles, spoon the ganache into a silicone ice-cube tray. xx. If you can’t get hold of cacao butter, you can use coconut oil instead it works in the same way, just the flavour may be slightly different! Could I substitute the cashews for anything? Yes, there is such a thing as delicious and healthy matcha desserts.