1 1/2 coconut milk 3/4 cup sugar 1/3 cup sweet macapuno (coconut sport) 1 cup toasted ground malagkit or sweet rice flour extra toasted sweet rice flour for dredging. Latest Recipes is a Secure Website! This roasted grains are then called 'pinipig'. Espasol with Cheese and Langka Recipe. Add agave nectar (or sugar if that is what you’re using), vanilla extract, salt, shredded coconut and lemon zest and stir until combined. You know about this Filipino dessert recipe for Hinagum if you are a Bicolano like I am. I used a non-stick pan so mine took only 10 minutes. Filipino Dessert Recipe - Hinagum or Roasted Rice Cake recipe. In a large non-stick pan / wok over medium heat, toast the glutinous rice flour, stirring constantly until everything is an even light brown color. good day po... what kind of pot po ang ginagamit nyo i want to try also your recipe using this pot thank you so much. Stay in charge of your own health. Oh, the adventure in making this rice cake dessert! Cut into 3-4 – inch pieces. Hi! I can’t believe how easy it is. Pomodoro sauce, pork broth and shrimp (fresh or frozen)! Put-in the toasted grated coconut, mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes. 2 cups coconut cream Using a large cooking pot, Add-in coconut milk and turn on the heat then bring it to a boil. Next I'll make it with chopped bottled Lanka. Gradually add the toasted ground sweet rice while stirring. Dust surface with remaining toasted glutinous rice flour. Although the ingredients are few and the procedure is pretty straightforward, please be forewarned that making espasol involves a bit of elbow grease as the mixture has to be painstakingly stirred and turned over low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes or until it's very sticky or "makunat" (what is the English translation for this word?). And re-creating childhood favorites in your own kitchen can be so much fun! This is a repost of this pecan pie recipe that I made years ago. 1 bundle pandan leaves It is made of rice flour cooked with  grated coconut and coconut milk, then rolled with remaining toasted rice flour and usually shaped into small cylinders then wrapped with paper. Continuously stir until a dry paste that holds its shape forms. Add the roasted rice flour and keep stirring until all the liquid is absorbed. Bring to a boil until sugar and salt are dissolved. My name is Lalaine and welcome to Kawaling Pinoy where you’ll find Filipino and Asian-inspired recipes, cooking tips, and how-to videos. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Pinoy Recipe at iba pa on the PinoyRecipe.Net. Alternatively, you can cut using a cookie cutter instead. Craving for more kakanin? Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), We use cookies to make sure you get the best experience on Bitesized.ph. Instead of toasting the glutinous rice flour, can I use ready to use cooked/fried glutinous rice flour? Ube flavor: The purpose of the toasted sweet rice is to avoid Espasol from sticking together. Thank you! Now, I know how to make espasol! Combine coconut cream, evaporated milk, sugar, and ube in a large non-stick pot and bring to a boil. After they're hulled, the grains are roasted again in a big wok also called 'kawali'. Hi Rosario!! Disclosure: My “10 Pasta Recipes with a Twist” recipe collection is part of a sponsored opportunity by Foodie.com. It's so delicious.It's just like the Espasol we used to buy in Laguna. Make this fresh cranberry sauce instead of that canned gelatinous sauce filled with bad sugar. Experience the joy of juicing every day even on holidays. But I thought to myself, I could've just put them in my food processor of my high speed blender and get the same result plus it would've been easier. You might want to compare the taste of what you will be doing today with that being sold around. Read More. My daughter really liked it and didn’t know it was espasol until she tasted it. This Filipino dessert recipe is special. Because it's not available countrywide over there. Gosh, it looks so mouth-watering! Put-in the toasted grated coconut and cook for 5 minutes. That dusty thing sold by a number of vendors, especially when you are riding a bus. Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping. Lightly dust the tops with more toasted glutinous rice flour Shake to rid of excess flour and wrap each piece in Japanese paper or banana leaves. LOWER THE HEAT AND COOK FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES WITH CONTINUOUS STIRRING. Reduce heat to low and continue stirring and cooking until thick and coming off the sides of the saucepan. I'll surely make this again and again. From this point you can form then into a ball and roll each on  some grated coconut. Gonna try this at home! Ready? This Kalamay Lansong is so easy to make; just mix the ingredients and steam! Repeat the same procedure for the Sweet Rice Flour. That's pronounced as Poorra with a short 'ooh' sound and an emphasis on the 'r'. Yung pot I believe granite siya. All Rights Reserved.Original Photos Â©Pura DeFranco, all rights reserved. Yes at last! I personally selected each recipe to be added to the collection. The pan I used is a 6 x 9 rectangle pan. Make this Filipino dessert recipe was real fun sending me to my childhood memories. Required fields are marked *. Place on a large plate while working on the other Espasol until you’re done. The flour will absorb all the liquid and will form into a ball.