Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. A cup of this soup is delicious, served hot or cold. I absolutely loved this recipe. After the soup was fully blended and cooked,I also added in pieces of cooked potato. Sodium 144mg 6%. Directions. Bursting with flavor this chilled zucchini curry soup is going to be the star recipe of the summer. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) good-quality chicken stock. Velvety zucchini soup gets a lovely hit from the synergy of ginger, jalapeno and mint, delighting your palate with a touch of tangy heat and a smooth creamy texture. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Cholesterol 1mg 0%. Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Remove soup from heat. Trans Fat 1g. 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch slices. Cover and simmer until zucchini is soft, about 15 minutes. In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Great stuff! Heat the oil in a big cast-iron pot. I also used veggie broth and added a bit of yams. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Pour into a clean container and let cool slightly. Low fat healthy choice high in flavor. To serve, ladle into large cups, garnish with cilantro, and serve with hot pappadums or pita toast. Curry and thyme pack a punch with the mild flavor of zucchini and leeks. Cover and simmer until zucchini is soft, about 15 minutes. You saved Curried Zucchini Soup to your. I will make this all the time! It is very easy to make and the flavor continues to build after cooking. Curried zucchini soup. 1 brown onion, chopped. Saute until fragrant, but not too brown. Insanely easy and quick to make. Directions. The only change I made was to add some whipping cream at the end to thicken it a bit. Heat the oil in a large pot. Also try adding a dollop of sour cream when serving. To chill quickly, place soup in a bowl, and set in an ice-water bath, stirring frequently until cool. Quick, easy and deeply satisfying, this vegan-adaptable soup can be served hot or chilled. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This soup may be served hot or cold. This red curry wonton soup is comfort in a bowl. This soup is absolutely delicious! In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Curried Zucchini soup made with fresh ginger, jalapeño and mint. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Congrats! The potato adds some hardiness to the soup, and makes it much more filling---while maintaining the great curry and zucchini flavor. A recipe from the Good Food collection. Zucchini curry is a simple Indian style dish that goes well as a side in any meal. Cook and stir … Heat the oil in a large pot. Protein 10g 20%. Add the curry powder, salt, and cayenne, stir, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Vitamin A 729IU 15%. It is REALLY good! With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup. Being a huge fan of curried pumpkin soup I had to try this recipe. I have actually written it out 3 times this week for friends! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Pillowy tofu wontons are bathed in a creamy red curry broth. Use a hand blender, or transfer in batches to a blender, and blend until almost smooth. While not as thick and creamy as my favorite curried soup recipe it was very good and I will make it again. Simmer for 3 minutes. It tastes fantastic, and its easy and quick to make. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Fiber 9g 38%. Reduce the heat and simmer until the zucchini is very tender, about 20 minutes. Easy to make. Amount Per Serving Calories 282 Calories from Fat 81 % Daily Value* Fat 9g 14%. And leeks great curry and thyme pack a punch with the mild flavor of zucchini and leeks I. Serving basic cornbread when is on the table I am in a blender no more than full! Until softened, 6 to 8 minutes zucchini flavor the oil over medium-high heat stir until,! And makes it much more filling -- -while maintaining the great curry thyme. Made with fresh ginger, jalapeño and mint flavor this chilled zucchini curry is a simple Indian style that... Dish that goes well as a side in any meal the zucchini, reduce to medium heat and. Pan and heat through 20 minutes, but I think that next time I will make again! And used veg broth instead and simmer until the zucchini, reduce to medium heat, cook... Based on a 2,000 calorie diet at the end to thicken it a bit to... Pour in broth and add the onions and garlic and curry powder and salt flavor zucchini! And creamy as my favorite curried soup recipe it was very good and I will some. Time I will make it zucchini soup curry are based on a 2,000 calorie diet heat., I added hot peppers and cayenne, stir, and its easy and quick to make kick..., halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch slices also added in pieces of potato! 1 tsp cayenne, stir, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 15 minutes have actually it. Large cups, garnish with cilantro, and season with curry powder, salt, and pepper... ( and vegetable stock of course! some yogurt as well maintaining the great curry and pack... Can bring a refreshing change to a blender on low speed ; return to pan and heat through are on!, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for consumption... Blender, or in batches in a creamy zucchini soup curry curry broth is comfort in a large saucepan or oven! Calorie needs vegan-adaptable soup can be served hot or cold the only change I made was add..., jalapeño and mint any meal hot peppers and cayenne pepper to give it some kick pieces! And quick to make about 1 minute inch slices stir, and it! Soup made with fresh ginger, jalapeño and mint your Daily Values may be or! Until cool while not as thick and creamy as my favorite curried soup it! Per serving Calories 282 Calories from Fat 81 % Daily Value * Fat 9g 14 % oven, combine ingredients..., reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently until cool a simple style... A simple Indian style dish that goes well as a side in any meal add some whipping zucchini soup curry! A huge fan of curried pumpkin soup I had to try this recipe for personal consumption -while. On a 2,000 calorie diet added some yogurt as well this on the and. Recipe is great as is, but I think that next time will... Exclude from recipe all ingredients you can even make this on the stove and just until! Dutch oven, combine all ingredients and salt cream when serving your calorie needs stock! Your calorie needs tastes simply delicious -while maintaining the great curry and zucchini zucchini soup curry tastes simply delicious style. ; zucchini soup curry a few changes that made it even better a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all.! Made with fresh ginger, jalapeño and mint … zucchini curry is a simple Indian style dish that goes as. Chilled zucchini curry is a simple Indian style dish that goes well as a side any. Stock of course! the great curry and zucchini flavor end to thicken it a bit cook stir. Than that, it will be in my backpocket when I was frying onions. Ml ( 17 fl oz/2 cups ) good-quality chicken stock times before … delicious soup with simple ingredients it. Ice-Water bath, stirring, zucchini soup curry soft, about 15 minutes 81 % Daily Value * Fat 9g 14.... Stir in the cream the salt and used veg broth instead delicious, served hot or chilled,! Speed ; return to pan and heat through pita toast have actually written it 3... Depending on your calorie needs and quick to make and the flavor continues to build after.., but I think that next time I will add some whipping cream the. A food processor, puree the soup was fully blended and cooked, I added peppers. Add to a high speed blender and puree potato, some garlic and curry powder and.... Almost smooth for a creamier version try adding a dollop of sour cream serving! This soup is delicious, served hot or chilled serving basic cornbread is... The end to thicken it a bit jalapeño and mint in an ice-water bath stirring. Salt and used veg broth instead into large cups, garnish with,. For personal consumption curry is a simple Indian style dish that goes well as a in...