Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2020. : Garfield Complete Works, 1980 and 1981 by Jim Davis (2019, Hardcover). Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. I’ve been waiting literally decades for a dedicated hardcover collection of complete Garfield strips, and this delivers. 4.9 out of 5 stars 47. Garfield Complete Works is a hardcover collection of Garfield strips, with both black and white (daily) and full-color (Sunday) comics. This is not a quality book like the Carl Barks collection from Fantagraphics of the large Dick Tracy collections. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Also, I like the addition of reverse-coloured comics strips parts to the covers, makes them look unique. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 13, 2019, Complete and authentic classics collection. item 1 Garfield Complete Works: Volume 2: 1980 & 1981 By Jim Davis FREE SHIP & TRACK! $9.99. Garfield Complete Works: Volume 1, 1978 & 1979 launches the consummate collection of Jim Davis’ phenomenally successful comic strip. Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack #3: A Triple Helping of Classic GARFIELD Humor Vol 3, 30 Years of Laughs & Lasagna: The Life & Times of a Fat, Furry Legend! I can’t fault the content. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Save on Nonfiction, Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- You may also like, {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Since its debut in 1978, Garfield has reached historic heights, becoming the world’s most widely syndicated strip. Enabling JavaScript in your browser will allow you to experience all the features of our site. Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2019. Garfield at Large: His 1st Book (Garfield Series) by Jim Davis. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Very high quality book. "Garfield was born to eat lasagna." It is slated to release on September 18, this year. About Garfield Complete Works: Volume 1: 1978 & 1979. And of course, the content is hilarious. The additional details by Jim Davis are a lovely insight into the world of Garfield and his creation. Javascript is not enabled in your browser. The strip was at its best arguable from 78 to the mid 90's, and while it's still humorous nowadays, it's nowhere near what it was then. Together for the first time, a beautifully packaged, full-color collector’s edition of the second year of Garfield strips, featuring an introduction by Jim Davis and never-before-seen material from the archives. View cart for details. March 19th 2019 This page works best with JavaScript. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. sigh, life is so short, and Art is long. It took me weeks to get through this as it was so easy to just set it aside and forget about it. Together for the first time, a beautifully packaged, full-color collector's edition of the second year of Garfield strips, featuring an introduction by Jim Davis and never-before-seen material from the archives. Since its debut in 1978, Garfield has reached historic heights, becoming the world's most widely syndicated strip. Funny, amusing, beautifully drawn. Love Garfield so this was an awesome way to know what I was getting ( in a very timely fashion) and no hassle of having to go from book store to book store or waiting forever at the local comic shop and it possibly not showing. Be the first to ask a question about Garfield Complete Works. Garfield Complete Works, Volume 1: 1978 & 1979. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. history was waiting for this. Refresh and try again. This book is wonderful. Better than a piping-hot pizza, here’s a fresh delivery of all-new GARFIELD comic book stories. It is a cheap binding of photo-reduced strips. Except for durability, the paperback 3 book sets of Garfield are better. Available On Print (Hard Copy) Full Description : BIG CAT, EVEN BIGGER LAUGHS! There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Purchased as gift for my comic book-collecting partner. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Ballantine Books; Illustrated edition (March 19, 2019), Photo-reduced images of strips in cheap "hardcover" format, Reviewed in the United States on August 11, 2019. For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now. ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011, Submit your email address to receive Barnes & Noble offers & updates. Reviewed in the United States on December 22, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2019. Featuring rare archival material and an introduction to the series by creator Jim Davis, this inaugural full-color volume will appeal both to new readers and longtime fans of the lasagna-loving cat. Please try another search or browse our recommendations below. Unable to add item to List. Since its debut in 1978, Garfield has reached historic heights, becoming the world’s most widely syndicated strip. Please try again. Garfield fans can collect the strips in the complete works or the fat cat 3 packs. There was a problem loading your book clubs. Garfield's Sunday Finest: 35 Years of My Best Sunday Funnies. --Jim Davis; Released January 14th, 2014. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Best Selling in Nonfiction. Authenticity is noteworthy as the daily strips are in black and white as they always were in the papers, and the Sunday ones are in color. The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable).Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.See details for additional description. While it will never, and SHOULD never be mentioned in the same breath as Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, or Far Side, it is nonetheless one of the great American cartoon strips... in it's early years. :). It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I loved it 30 years ago, I still cannot get enough of it. From teasing the constantly clueless Odie and Jon to planning his next lavish meal, Garfield has done quite a bit in the last forty years. For older and new fans, this is a great collection and reminder why there was a Garfield craze in the 80's. Something went wrong. It will be released as a hardcover and an Ebook. Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2019, Even though I don't have this great book yet, it's worth getting both vol 1-2, vol 1, is the beginning of a fantastic and hilarious book of high jinxe, with John, Garfield, vol 2 from just looking at a few clips continues the saga with a new roommate and odie the screwball dog, 10, stars if I could this is Garfield history 101,, Reviewed in the United States on October 26, 2020. Please try again. All the roughness of the first volume is gone as Garfield is now on model and grinding out the same handful of jokes he'll be returning to for decades. AU $43.95. The fact that it's a hardback, and nicely presented, makes 'Garfield Complete Works: Volume 1: 1978' seem all the more like a collector's package. Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2019. finally! Did you set an extremely ambitious Reading Challenge goal back in January? Poor quality, but it’s a nice collection. Garfield Complete Works book. Available On Print (Hard Copy) Full Description : BIG CAT, EVEN BIGGER LAUGHS! There's a problem loading this menu right now. And the best - my children (7 and 10) are laughing like crazy about it! $12.99. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. $9.99. Garfield Complete Works: Volume 2: 1980 & 1981. Garfield Complete Works. Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date. Tiring. I used to read Garfield religiously as a kid, and largely (pun intended) owe my sense of humor to this strip. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. 3 Hardcover Edition (Vol. Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. Featuring rare archival material and an introduction to the series by creator Jim Davis, this inaugural full-color volume will appeal both to new readers and longtime fans of the lasagna-loving cat.