Advance your baking skills with this easier-than-you-think recipe for the perfect homemade German chocolate cake. Prepare COCONUT PECAN FROSTING; spread between layers and over top. A delicious cake for any occasion! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 2 9-inch round cake pans then line bottom with a round of parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared cake pans. Add pecans, coconut and vanilla; spread over warm cake. 1. So easy and moist! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake pans. About 2-2/3 cups frosting. Bake in a greased 9 x 13 pan. This is the only German Chocolate Cake recipe you’ll ever need, I dare say it’s perfect in every way! Thanks Jaclyn! Make cake according to package directions. German chocolate cake is a layered chocolate cake that’s topped with a rich coconut pecan frosting. Very easy to make! Bake Happy all season long with new recipes, money-saving coupons and helpful tips delivered to your inbox. Yummy recipe my uncle who is a German Choc. I added 3T brown sugar and cooked and constantly stirred for about 11min. https://recipesfoodandcooking.com/2018/03/14/german-chocolate-poke-cake German Chocolate Poke Cake using a box cake mix, a filling of chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk with German Chocolate Frosting. With the mixer still on low, carefully and slowly pour in boiling water and mix until well combined, about 2 - 3 minutes. Because the coconut icing is so rich, I left the sides of my cake bare. Truly though, this easy German Chocolate Cake is one of those desserts that’s so good it should become a tradition in your home for a yearly holiday like a birthday, Easter or Mother’s Day. Info. All Rights Reserved. Almonds are a great substitute for pecans and much better for you!!!! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pour batter into prepared pans. The frosting is YUMMY! Campfire Cinnamon and Raisin French Toast, Chocolate Fudge Peppermint Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Favorite Christmas Breakfast or Brunch Recipes, Saffron Yellow Rice with Autumn Vegetables, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips - I used milk chocolate. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat on low speed until moistened, then beat on high speed 2 minutes. Directions. While the crust is baking, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans and coconut. Make a great German Chocolate Cake with this easy recipe. In small saucepan, combine remaining sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk and butter. Stir together cocoa and water in small bowl until smooth; set aside. Let cakes cook 10 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool completely. Cool completely. But feel free to add frosting to the sides if you wish! It’s just one of those perfectly delicious classics that you’ll want to make again and again. HERSHEY'S expert bloggers have all the sweet ideas you need to Bake Happy. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Be sure to buy sweetened coconut flakes for the German chocolate cake icing. You saved German Chocolate Cake to your. 2. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Mix in milk, eggs and vanilla then blend in oil. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. If you’d like to read more about this cookbook or to buy a copy for yourself you can follow this link HERE. Once cool spread about 1/3 of the frosting over one layer of cake. 378 calories; protein 4.4g 9% DV; carbohydrates 37.7g 12% DV; fat 17.8g 27% DV; cholesterol 66.3mg 22% DV; sodium 72.9mg 3% DV. I made this for my good friend's birthday and everyone raved. I used chopped walnuts instead of pecans. The cake is deliciously rich and chocolatey and it’s covered with that irresistible sweet and sticky, coconut pecan topping we all crave. Las Vegas and Niagara Falls locations are also open; Times Square & Singapore locations remain temporarily closed. *If you scoop and level to measure flour (like I do) then only use 1 3/4 cups flour. Her new cookbook is filled with fresh takes on classic family-friendly recipes – all of which are straight forward and easy to follow and the end results look truly delicious! All we need in life is chocolate cake, right? The condensed milk keeps the cake from getting dry. Pour evenly over the warm crust and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips. Your taste testers will be astounded you made this German chocolate cake from scratch when they taste the coconut pecan frosting! I will add it to my "favorites". Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! Cool until just warm then spread over cake. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Chocolate cake has a way to my heart and whoever discovered chocolate is my hero. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). :) DEFINETELY cook it for much longer than 6 minutes to thicken up the frosting. It was also very easy to make. Excellent recipe! This is one of those cakes that’s been around since 1852, and I have the feeling it’s not going anywhere. Make sure you’re using evaporated milk to make the coconut pecan frosting. I thought the recipe was easy and the cake was very moist. 4. 3. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the oil. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. butter or margarine plus 3 tablespoons , softened. Congrats!