The vodka is a great trick to getting crisper fried cauliflower…plan on using that trick for other fried dishes. Ultra crispy cauliflower bites are coated in a savory and sweet soy garlic sauce. I am now trying my hand at making it and I shared it with my Mom! This was great! Serve while cauliflower is still hot and crispy. The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. Gochujang, a Korean red chili paste, can be found at most Asian grocery stores or online. Any chance to know where you got it/a.k.a. For the crispy cauliflower vegetable oil, for greasing 100g/3½oz plain flour 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 small cauliflower, outer leaves removed, cut into florets 30g/1oz dried breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs For the sauce 60g/2¼oz gochujang (Korean fermented chilli paste) 1 tbsp light brown sugar 1 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil Heat a frying pan with enough oil to submerge at least half of the cauliflowers. It’s salty and sweet and spicy with loads of umami. The cauliflower will start to soften after the sauce is added, so I recommend adding the glaze right before serving. Baking powder helps to raise and aerate the batter, which helps to produce a crunchy coating. I always make sure I have Halloumi in the fridge, grilled or pan-fried brings out the best flavour of... How are you all doing this week? Gochujang is a Korean chili paste that can be found at most Asian grocery stores. This was a delicious cauliflour dish. I tried versions with and without and the version without the vodka immediately turned soft. Try it!!! brown rice vinegar (or usual rice vinegar, apple cider will work too). Bake for 25 minutes, turning the florets over half-way through the cooking process. You need to deep fry this stuff for the crispy and tasty treat and it can be done safely. This gochujang cauliflower recipe is a twist on the classic cauliflower hot wing and serves as a great crowd-pleasing appetizer or even a tasty addition to a veggie rice bowl. Miso paste (I use brown rice miso), 2 tbsp. I’m so glad it worked out well for you, Your email address will not be published. Divide the fried rice mixture among serving bowls. Required fields are marked *. Miso Congee with Tamari marinated Shiitake Mushroom, Jammy Egg and Spicy Sesame... Creamy Mushrooms and Asparagus served with Wild Rice, Rice Noodles with Amazing Tangy Chili Oil Dressing, The Simplest Fried Rice with Asparagus and Crispy Ginger, Simple Braised Cannellini Beans with Preserved Lemon, 500g cauliflowers, cut into bite size pieces, 2 handfuls of baby spinach (or other salad of your choice), Steamed rice for serving (or other grain of your choice), 2 tsp. Yes I use the vodka trick a lot for my fried recipes. It makes a fantastic side dish to something like Korean fried chicken, but it can also be bulked into a full vegetarian meal when topped with a crispy fried egg or served with cubes of yellow tofu with or without rice. Cauliflower is one of them which is on our regular rotation. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. If it bubbles and is hot, place the cauliflower … We hope you enjoy following along! We are fine and well on our side and hope you are... All recipes, writing and photos are copyrighted and have been created by Lydia Wong exclusively for ginger & chorizo unless otherwise stated. To make the quick pickles, place the radish and cucumber in separate bowls. Allow sauce to simmer until thickened. You can check out my blog (for beginner environmentalists) at sunshineguerrilla.com. The batter should be thin with the consistency of paint. Note: make an extra portion of the spicy marinade for drizzling on top of the finishing bowl will give the whole dish a much deeper flavour. This is seriously the best recipe. It’s sweet, savory, garlicky and slightly spicy. Make sure to defrost and dry if it is wet. food stories, recipes that are inspired by three different cultures. For the cauliflowers marinade: (make one more portion for serving). Your email address will not be published. Had to make a second round. […], Your email address will not be published. (P.S. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. STEP 3. FYI: If you buy something through a link in our posts we may get a small share of the sale. Bring to a simmer. In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower with neutral oil to coat it. Normally, you may be able to omit the vodka and still get a crunchy crust with just cornstarch and flour. Add oil to pot or pan being used for frying. Working in batches, toss some of the cauliflower into the wet batter until evenly coated. While the cauliflowers are baking, make the pickle by first combine the vinegar and syrup in a bowl. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The cauliflower will start to soften after the sauce is added, so I recommend adding the glaze right before serving. small head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. STEP 3. Taste and adjust as needed. Since I have been cooking regularly for my vegan friend, I am always on the search for new way of cooking vegetables. Toss to fully coat. I kept thinking it was Korean Fried Cauliflower so it took a week to find it. Your email address will not be published. Looking for something else to do with that gochujang? My daughters introduced this recipe to our family. Remove from the oven. Spicy, sweet, and a little tangy, the unique flavor definitely makes this recipe stand out. They don't carry these same bowls anymore. Gochujang Roasted Delicata Squash, a Korean-inspired delight, Charred Broccoli with Harissa Yogurt Sauce and Nigella Seeds, Grilled Cabbage Salad with Peanuts and Mint, Chung Jung One Sunchang Hot Pepper Paste Gold (Gochujang) 500g, Marukan Seasoned Rice Vinegar 12 Oz (12 ounce), Microplane 46020 Premium Classic Series Zester Grater 18/8 Black, © Mary Kasprzak, Korean barbecue sauce adapted from Saveur, The Martinez, a cocktail with Old Tom Gin, 1 medium head of cauliflower, thick core and outer leaves removed, sliced into bite-sized pieces, 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated on a microplane or minced, 2 scallions, both white and green parts, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces, neutral oil for roasting the cauliflower, such as canola or grapeseed. Top with the egg, quick pickles, sesame seeds, nori strips and chives, if using. Drizzle a spoonful of the spicy sauce to the bowl to get a little extra spicy kick! Serve with the diced green onions and zucchini on top and top with a fried egg. Tips & tricks to stay on track, look great, and feel your best. Drain the pickling liquid from the quick pickles. It’s lovely with Mediterranean flavors, like garlic and lemon and red pepper flakes, or Indian curry powders, or Middle Eastern notes like cumin and coriander. I was. I prefer my sauce to be a little more sweet but if you prefer more savory you can add a little more soy sauce. My family and I travelled to France at the end... Runner bean is one of the many wonderful vegetables we can enjoy during the summer months. ©2020 Kirbie's Cravings. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch and water until cornstarch is fully dissolved. The sweet, spicy, salty, garlicky, gingery Korean sauce is so good with the nutty roasted cauliflower. Brush cauliflower pieces with glaze. I made this recipe for my Korean husband, and he loved it! After successfully making buttermilk fried cauliflower, I wanted to try making a cauliflower version of my favorite Korean fried chicken.