Last Updated: October 16, 2020 Brilliant! By using this website you agree to our Cookie Policy.Learn more. But it takes some time to reset. Common problems with a refrigerator … Fix: First, unplug the refrigerator and locate the shut-off valve, typically underneath the sink, behind the refrigerator or below the refrigerator in the basement. Great! During this conversion, the condenser coils dissipate a lot of heat from the rear end. My refrigerator metal body gives a slight shock. My Swan larder fridge is not cold inside. What do I do if everything in my refrigerator started to taste like chemicals and there is a chemical smell in the refrigerator? Can you help me? Get a professional to check it out. 12/5/2008. If the condenser coils are covered with dirt, heat may not dissipate properly and refrigerator may not work efficiently and may stop working completely. Fridge not cooling fast? Iam having godrej edge digi 212 ltrs refrigerator.. Keeping compressor clean and lubricated can help to prevent refrigerator start-up problem. It is having mode problem means from "frost free mode" to "defrost control" and then "turbo chill mode". By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube. If it does, try to clean everything of any dust, gunk, etc. So please suggest the solvable solution to the problem. Problem with MCB can be a leading cause of refrigerator breakdown. In such case, call a fridge repair professional. Something may be off or you just need to clean it out by taking everything out and let the freezer melt and wipe it all with a clean cloth. Wash the valve with hot water and soap then reinstall. What should I do if there is a funny smell in the freezer? my docket number is 2147996. DSLR won’t connect to Mac: causes and solutions, Laptop speakers not working? So when the level of this refrigerant becomes insufficient, the refrigerator may not work properly. Thank to share article with us. What should I do? that require refrigerator repair service. Godrej Appliances - not attending the call for service on time, Godrej Appliances - air conditioner not cooling, Godrej Appliances - service technician damaged machine, Godrej Appliances - godrej d.c refrigerator, about rust free warranty, Godrej Appliances - godrej rb eon 380 nxw double door. The brand’s appliances are well-made and typically last for many years. When a problem occurs, it’s time to figure out whether it’s something that can be fixed or whether it’s time for a new refrigerator. The range of problems for a Godrej fridge is broad. Whatever the issue, do not put it off too long. Maybe the light in your refrigerator won't turn on or your food isn't staying cold enough. But when the capacitor goes bad, it fails to trigger refrigeration cycle and in some case the refrigerator does not even start. It is having mode problem means from "frost free mode" to "defrost control" and then "turbo chill mode". These are the big problems in refrigerator. Why is the floor under my refrigerator black? What is a Satellite and Radio Media Tour? This could happen if you constantly open your refrigerator for long periods of time. I faced Coolant shortage in my fridge. Frigidaire is a popular refrigerator brand with good reason. In many cases, the refrigerator unit will shut down immediately or won’t start at all if the motor is defective. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. You should also check for cracks and rigidity that could be causing a failing door seal. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Check the outlet and breaker Try resetting the circuit board, Check the temperature gauge Check for airflow and overheating. This article has been viewed 1,217,521 times. Your email address will not be published. Or Both? What do I do if my fridge is putting out hot air after a power outage? The compressor is a motor which compresses the refrigerant or coolant and circulates the refrigerant through the evaporator and condenser coils. What does it mean if the door seals on my refrigerator are hot? To create this article, 14 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. Godrej Appliances - split ac not working. If the upper part is the freezer, then the actual part that cools and powers the freezer may not be active. But it takes some time to reset. Due to rigorous use and wear and tear, a refrigerator may develop issues like cooling problem, defrost problem, faulty wiring, broken drain plate, sparking from socket, door closing problem, drain blockage etc. The appliance can fall on top of you and cause serious injury. 7 reasons why your fruits, vegetables, and dairy products are getting spoiled in Fridge. Ask a repair person for the freon replacement -- it's not for amateurs. Heating And Cooling – Should You Repair or Replace Your System? If your fridge does not start it is always recommended to check the MCB (miniature circuit breaker). In many cases, the refrigerator unit will shut down immediately or won’t start at all if the motor is defective. I found that a faulty motor made my fridge stop working. If a part does not have continuity, it is faulty and will need to be replaced. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Iam having godrej edge digi 212 ltrs refrigerator.. Iam having godrej edge digi 212 ltrs refrigerator.. How to speed up a laptop/computer-the most effective ways! Call us to fix your Godrej Refrigerator When the fridge is switched ON, the thermostat sends a signal to the start capacitor to trigger the compressor and start the refrigeration cycle of fridge. What could be causing my freezer compartment to freeze some things, but not others? They did this job good. Adulting 101: The credit building course from wikiHow. I operate my fridge on LP gas -- the freezer cools a little but the fridge not at all. “Ideas by Mr Right” is a home improvement blog curated by the team Mr Right. The condenser fan my not be working, or you may have blocked vents or dirty coils. Natural methods to get rid of flies at home, Super effective ways to deal with bed bugs, Best water purifiers in 2017: Everything you need to know. What might be wrong if my fridge is on, but not getting cold? Godrej Appliances becomes one of the eight finalists across the globe and among 139 applicants for the Global Cooling Prize. This may be a sign of an insect infestation or a collection of uncleaned gunk. You may have to consult your owner's manual for the locations of the components. Fantastic blog!Thank you so much for sharing this kind of wonderful things. So please suggest the solvable solution to the problem. The upper part of my two-door fridge is not working. Very informative post really nice fridge compressor running but not cooling keep it up. In such case call a refrigerator repair professional. Godrej Appliances - Delivered refrigerator of different capacity. % of people told us that this article helped them. In order to fix this, unplug the refrigerator and locate the shut-off valve. Godrej Appliances - non supportive behaviour of godrej company about supplying washing machine parts and neglecting customer. A bad thermostat is a leading cause of refrigerator not working problem. In such situation call a PRO for refrigerator repair. We are frequently facing this problem. Diagnosing the problem yourself can be the difference between a quick fix and an expensive, unnecessary repair. This article has been viewed 1,217,521 times. Contact a qualified repair technician or electrician if you are uncomfortable or unsure of how to test outlets or appliance components. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. It should be set between 37 and 40º F (3-4ºC) for the refrigerator and between 0-5ºF (-15 to -18ºC) for the freezer. To learn how to determine why your refrigerator is leaking, read on!