And thanks for visiting! 1 Heat the water and melt the brown sugar. Pwede rin na wag na i-grease at all pero there are some instances na dumidikit sa ilalim ng molder ang puto so para maiwasan pero tyak na tutubo ang puto, yung ilalim lang ang i-grease. It is made from a mixture of rice flour and glutinous rice flour, brown sugar and lye water enhanced with red or yellow food color. Then let it rest for 15 minutes before pouring in the molders. Put oil on muffin pans to easily remove the Kuchinta from the pan. The Kutsinta Recipe is actually a type of puto or steamed rice cake. Required fields are marked *. hi, any tips para hindi watery yong top sa kutsinta, –I covered each mold with foil— but it still has liquid on top? Try those two tips and let me know. Thanks for visiting! Welcome to My Style Recipe and thanks for stopping by. Do not boil then add the lihia. The top is so gooey, Wag na yung gilid. Do not overmix. Usually comes as partner with Pancit and spaghetti in handaan or eaten with Dinuguan (I have never tried tho), this simple but tasty snack would surely delight your tummy. If you are using different molder size, adjust the steaming time. May 1, 2016 - Posts about goldilocks puto recipe written by pinayplate. It has a reddish or brown color. I never cover them with foil. Serve with grated coconut on top or use it as dip. Enjoy this yummy treat at the comfort of your home. My kutsinta ended up with indentation in the middle – not flat. Mercedes. I used atsuwete, but I have problem dissolving them completely, can you tell me an idea in doing it? In a bowl, mix the glutinous rice flour and rice flour and the brown sugar mixture until dissolved thoroughly. Secondly, took me 3hrs or more to cook them –any tips on cooking? If you have more glutinous rice flour it will be firmer. Make sure na kumukulo na ang tubig sa iyong steamer bago isalang ang puto para pantay ang luto ng puto at hindi “nabibitin” sa steaming time. Kung gusto nio ng shiny pero mukhang melted ang cheese, gumamit ng matagal matunaw na cheese gaya ng Quezo. mix the glutinous rice flour and rice flour and the brown sugar mixture until dissolved thoroughly Hi Pano malalaman? It was the right consistency for me, medium I would say not firm at all! Aug 9, 2016 | Cookies, Cakes & Pies, Desserts, No Bake Desserts, Parties, Recipes, Snacks | 0 comments. Kutsinta is one of my favorite Filipino kakanin. If you’re thinking of making something for merienda, this would be a recipe worth trying. Use the recipe I have and replace rice flour with 1 cup all purpose flour and steam it for 20-30 minutes. Do i have to add more lye water? Today, I used my puto mold and changed the measurement of the ingredients. Yes, you can use all purpose flour! It also does not come off the mold easily when it is cooked. Does is need more rice powder than glutinous rice powder? MSC Lirica Review - Would I Sail Her Again? Hi Belle, try it with 1 tsp next time, hoping it will not be bitter tasting. Chinese (food grade)  lye water (lihia) found in Asian Markets. I have been using this recipe and it turns out the same every time for me. what can i replace if i dont have it.. Glutinous rice flour is sweet rice flour, I get them in Asian store/supermarket. Brush the muffin pans with oil and pour the mixture halfway through. May 1, 2016 - Posts about goldilocks puto recipe written by pinayplate. It does not look good, but tastes okay. Cause i dont have a measurement cups of 3/4.. Hi! In my experience eto ang steaming time na alam ko: LARGE (14-15 MINUTES) MEDIUM (11-12 MINUTES) SMALL (8-10MINUTES), TIP #5: Yung hindi masyadong tunaw ang cheese. I wonder if the indentation meant that you may need to steam it a little bit longer. what can i replace if i dont have it lye water? Hi! I tried it myself, and using it will yield a firmer kutsinta! Add it to the mixture. Hello, i tried your recipe a while ago and its so discouraging, cause its taste is bitter…i think with the lye water…does it have to be 2 tsp? Required fields are marked *. Strain to remove lumps, then add liquid food color. August 25, 2014 By My Style Recipe 34 Comments. I used medium-sized molders. You will have to make baking soda solution first. Do i put katsa on each layer to avoid water from dripping on top of the kutsinta? Filipino Dessert Recipes. If using atsuete seeds, add hot water to it. Hi Wendy! Then, put desired toppings. 2 tsp. But sometimes, puto can turn out like “kutsinta”. Either luma na, nakasingaw na or sira na. Comment moderation is enabled. Your email address will not be published. I have a 3 tier steamer. Hi. There are street vendors selling them and they are being sold in malls too. Your email address will not be published. I have not try any substitute for lye water but I heard you can replace it with baking soda. Then add the grated coconut for Toppings. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients starting from the rice flour, all-purpose flour, and … i love it… Thanks for visiting my site Anna! Or the other way around? To avoid that, here are some of the tips to consider that next time you set out for a perfect puto cheese. If you’re looking for more merienda recipes check out our Merienda Series  including “Halo-Halo ” Filipino Iced Mixed Fruit Dessert, Halayang Ube (Purple Yam Jam), Banana Lumpia – Turon, Bibingka Galapong, Puto Cheese (Steamed Rice Cake with Cheese), Mais con Yelo – Refreshing Filipino Snack, Bananas in Syrup – Minatamis na Sabang Saging, Banana Que – Fried Banana Skewers, Pancit Palabok – Filipino Noodle Dish, Biko (Sweet Rice Cake) Treat, Filipino Beef Empanada Recipe Champorado: Filipino Chocolate Rice Porridge, Palitaw – Coconut & Sesame Seed Topped Sticky Rice Dumplings and Maja Blanca (Coconut Pudding ) Filipino Recipe! Advice pls,,. Hope that helps. Thanks for dropping by! Thanks for visiting! So make sure na okay pa siya. Kutsinta was derived from the word, Kueh Tsin Tao which is a Chinese word that means little cake. In a saucepan, heat the water and melt the brown sugar. Thanks. THANK YOU. Strain to remove lumps, then add the food colouring. Food And Drink. Isa pang cause kung bakit mukhang kutsinta si puto ay dahil sobra sa steam. Brush the mold with vegetable oil and pour mixture. Buhusan ng around 1/4 cup na mainit na tubig ang 1/4 tsp na baking powder. Here’s our version of Puto Cheese ala Goldilocks. Asian Recipes. This kutsinta recipe requires both rice flour and glutinous rice flour. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Can i use all purpose flour instead of rice fl0ur i d0nt have that at h0me and we are to far fr0m gr0ceries. Here is the recipe for Kutsinta. One of the most loved version of Puto Cheese is sold in a popular baking shop known as Goldilocks. You can adjust the proportion of Rice flour and Glutinous Rice flour according to your   preference. Don’t forget the coconut, love it freshly grated! In this site, you will find my favorite recipes! With just a few ingredients, you can indulge yourself with the fluffiness and sweetness of this Filipino delicacy. I remember helping our aunt to make palitaw with galapong. Hi I just tried this n it taste a little bit bitter; i think there are too much lye water. Mix well, but slowly, until smooth. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Kutsinta Recipe (Brown Rice Cake) Recipe!!! Thanks for visiting. You can substitute it with all purpose flour. Do not boil. I used a spatula to get it off.