This low carb high fat meal is loaded with flavor. ", Three beans get it done here! For those who don’t like beans, you can sub in extra ground meat or even a low carb vegetable like cauliflower. Stir in black beans; heat through. 71.4 g ", Beans help stretch taco filling for days! Spoon mixture into a 2 quart or 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. 8 tostada shells. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Thought it was quite good.". "Absolutely delicious," says GINABEAR1. 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/ground-beef-black-beans-casserole https://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-layered-beef-and-bean-casserole-231632 "The bean filling had a wonderful flavor. Kidney beans and black beans extend a pound of seasoned ground beef in this comforting one-skillet "I cut the beef in half," says BUNNYGIRL67, "and added black beans. "A great quick recipe for a rainy night," says Lynne. Add ground meat and half the onions to the pan, sauteing until meat is browned. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, breaking it up and stirring frequently. Cook, stirring … Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Pressure-Cooker Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew, Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained, 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, Optional toppings: shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Try cutting half (or more!) Spoon another 1/3 of meat mixture on top of the cheese. And don't forget nachos! It's ready in about 30 minutes. —Susan Brown, Kansas City, Kansas, Black Bean and Beef Tostadas Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Stir black beans with the ground beef; add salsa, water, and taco seasoning mix. This recipe was very good and easy to throw together. Arrange HALF (3 cups) of the crushed tortillas on top of the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle about 1 cup shredded cheese. "My kids love it," says coffeecup321. These have been a huge hit with my family. Cover with remaining half (3 cups) of crushed chips then sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Pair this with a salad and you are good to go. Add in black beans, corn, sour cream and salsa; mix until well combined. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a slow cooker or cook it on the stovetop. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Of course, you probably already know some recipes that are down with this idea. "I'm a vegetarian," says Stacy. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. "I used fresh minced garlic and used more ditalini and the beans I used were cannelini. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and complete the meal with a side salad and cornbread," says Angela. Chili mixes beef and beans with delicious results. Add remaining ingredients. Serve the chili with cornbread or crackers. Sweet and smoky baked beans achieve main dish status with crumbled bacon, ground beef, butter beans, pork and beans, and red kidney beans. of the ground beef from these top contenders and add some beans. It's fast and easy to fix. Optional toppings: shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream. My friends, who eat a lot of chili, said, 'This is the best chili we've ever had. A half pound of ground beef stretches for miles with the addition of Tex-Mexy pantry staples like taco seasoning, black beans, corn, Spanish rice mix, salsa, and broth. https://www.thespruceeats.com/ground-beef-and-black-bean-chili-3057208 Text Ingredients. Rock_lobster waxes poetic: "Taco Mix w/ Black Beans Haiku: "Gave us leftovers, by stretching one pound of meat. Credit: It's great for a busy night. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving. '", Or consider the beef-and-bean burrito -- a tasty combo that's been getting it done since the chuckwagon days: "The sauce was great," says Barbara. Kidney beans and black beans extend a pound of seasoned ground beef in this comforting one-skillet meal. It's the quiet approach. Spoon 1/3 of the ground beef mixture or enough to cover the bottom of the dish. The idea's simple: Replace half the ground beef in a recipe with beans. 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained; 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained; 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, … Top the casserole with green onions and then chopped tomatoes. They're a terrific source of protein, which means they make a smart substitute for meat if you're trying to cut back a bit.