But what happened to her husband Jake (Jamie Bamber)? Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. relationship in this line of work, so he wanted to demonstrate this reality in During her time there, she met and married, Jake Malloy, an attorney for the NSA. Here’s why the producers decided to end Bishop’s relationship. When she first joined the team, Bishop was seen wearing her wedding ring which traditionally rests on the index finger of the wearer's left hand but she has stopped wearing it now that she and Jake are divorced. “When I first came in and relationship and to work with co-star Jamie Bamber. She is also shown to be extremely strong-willed and not afraid to break the rules if she needs to, just like Nick and Ziva. Prior to joining NCIS, Bishop worked as an analyst for the NSA (National Security Agency) although when she first began working at NSA remains unknown. The note reads: “Jake, I’m in a bad place. It’s a very stressful situation, careers go in different directions. Bishop is a Caucasian woman in her thirties with a small, skinny frame, shoulder-length light blonde hair, and brown eyes. producers try their best to keep the show as real as possible. In season 13, episode 10 Blood Brothers, Jake confesses to Ellie he had been cheating on her with an NSA internal affairs officer, claiming they had grown distant since she left her job. After her transfer from the NSA to NCIS “I think we try hasn’t been any movement toward a romantic relationship. She is quieter than the previous two female agents, but she’s become more outgoing with her coworkers. “We were intrigued by the idea when we originally introduced her that when you’re with an agency like the NSA, unless you’re married to another NSA agent, you can’t talk about what you did at work. Her boss, Gibbs (Mark Harmon), is still recovering from being shot in last … best relationship, but that all ended when the writers decided to kill his think, especially [in season 13], we had a chance to see a more vulnerable side wife. “I would never have found out, I think you wanted me to know. In spite of her initial quietness, Bishop does possess a stubborn streak if she believes she is right. However, one silver lining is that Bishop can now date and explore new relationships. Now an NCIS Special Agent, Bishop has undergone training, enabling her to use her NSA skills in conjunction with the skills associated with being an NCIS agent, including processing crime scenes as well as arresting and interrogating any, and all possible suspects. However, their relationship wasn’t finally over until she returned home and told him: “We weren’t working. “I’m going home to Oklahoma. NCIS season 17: What happened to Agent Ellie Bishop’s husband on NCIS? It seems like the writers She wants to do her best and is shown to be a bit of a perfectionist. Watch NCIS Season 13 Episode 9 Online What should Bishop … DiNozzo’s relationships were a disaster, Abby was all over the place, and Gibbs Whenever she is out in the field, Bishop wears the traditional NCIS windbreaker or coat while also donning the NCIS cap. “NCIS” producer Steven D. Binder said if they decide to have the characters The Mistake Michael Weatherly Made on Screen That Still Has Him Laughing. Being described as a 'reclusive data freak' by her previous boss, Bishop tries to keep things to herself and attempt to resolve any problems on her own. At this point, it’s Like her colleagues, Bishop wears a holster containing her SIG-Sauer, and similarly to Gibbs and Tony, Bishop also wears the holster and her NCIS badge on her right hip. [POLL], White House Farm: Huge ‘inaccuracy’ in devastating ITV drama revealed [INACCURACY]. Verhofstadt urges EU to support Boris’ deal to avoid shock no deal [VIDEO], Coronavirus poll: Are you worried about the coronavirus outbreak? “It’s over Jake, it’s been over for a long time, we’re just saying it out loud now.”. Bishop She also ties her hair up and like her predecessors(Caitlin Todd and Ziva David), places her own hair which is often tied up into a bun directly under the cap itself so that it sticks out at the end of the cap. that ended in divorce. She met her ex-husband, Jake Malloy there. 2020 Showbiz Cheat Sheet, All Rights Reserved. The less she had to do with NSA eventually led to the downfall of her marriage in Malloy’s eyes. Fearing for her, Bishop's superiors forcibly removed her from the case. These things happen. Her underlying feelings for Agent Nick Torres (Wilmer Valderrama) also remain under CBS audiences’ watchful eyes. Jake Malloy (Jamie Bamber) is NCIS Agent Ellie Bishop's ex-husband and an attorney for the National Security Agency. It’s immoral!’ Fiery foreign aid row erupts on GMB, Marks and Spencer customers left confused over new mince pie cookie. In Fake It 'Til You Make It (episode), Bishop began wearing a pendant with a gold chain around her neck in addition to the gold necklace she also wore. apart,” Wickersham told CBS. Despite her message, he continues to call her while she is at home with her family and so decides to destroy her phone with an axe. I’m not sure when I’ll be back.”. In her first appearance in Gut Check (episode), Bishop wore a woolen jumper and slightly torn jeans with holes visible in them as well as brown boots. Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet on Agent Ellie Bishop (played by Emily Wickersham) was first introduced to NCIS back in 2013 and has been involved in some of the biggest storylines to date. Speaking to CBS, NCIS executive producer Gary Glassberg said: “In the real world of federal agents, divorce happens all the time. I can't think of any sort of healthy marriage where the husband would agree to do something so ridiculous and destructive. By her confirmation into the team, DiNozzo and McGee had stocked up her desk with food or protein bars to help stimulate her memory. Originally from Oklahoma, Bishop was born in 1985, presumably the youngest of four children born to an unnamed father and Barbara Bishop with Bishop's three older brothers named George, John and Robert. Bishop was originally a liaison officer to NCIS via NSA but was soon promoted to NCIS Probationary Agent and later a field agent. And that’s something we talked about going all the way back to the creation of this character. Agent Ellie Bishop (Emily Wickersham) was a married woman when she joined NCIS. With her mission being preemptive terror analysis, where she had to predict and also pinpoint who the up and coming threats were, Bishop became the first person to officially recognize terrorist Benham Parsa as a potential threat. Unable to cope with her marital problems and work, she asks Agent Gibbs (Mark Harmon) if she could go back home to Oklahoma for a break which he agrees to. Agent Ellie Bishop (played by Emily Wickersham) was first introduced to NCIS back in 2013 and has been involved in some of the biggest storylines to date.