:), Love the idea to use orange zest! Ahh this makes me so happy to hear, Denise!! Gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal – This carrot cake baked oatmeal is fancy enough to serve for a special brunch but easy and healthy enough to make for your weekly meal prep. As you can tell, I’ve shared 14 flavor combinations so far and I don’t see myself slowing down anytime soon. In the morning, simply mix the wet and dry ingredients together, pour oatmeal mixture into your prepared baking dish and bake. Today’s recipe has just TWO main ingredients -- banana and oats. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas, then add the almond milk, peanut butter, … Hey there, I’m Brittany, the creator of Eating Bird Food, holistic nutritionist, health coach and personal trainer. Peach Baked Oatmeal – A healthy baked oatmeal recipe using one of my favorite summer fruits: peaches! Making a note of this!! meet brittany Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Oatmeal has also been shown to lower cholesterol levels and will keep you full for hours! To serve, top with a drizzle of peanut butter and additional banana slices, if desired. Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal – This baked oatmeal recipe makes it easy to sneak veggies into your morning. My favorite is the Strawberry Banana which I have forwarded to every oatmeal lover I know! While many of the baked oatmeal recipes sound indulgent, all of the ingredients in my baked oatmeal recipes are wholesome, nutritious ingredients. No blender necessary; mixed dry ingredients in one bowl together, and wet into another bowl, & then combined them together. This is amazing! While most of my other baked oatmeal recipes call for eggs, flax eggs, or baking powder, this one does not. Healthy Oatmeal Muffins {4 Different Ways}, Tips for Getting Started with Baby-Led Weaning, First, you’ll want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grab an. . Super simple and delicious. One question I get asked often is if you can prep baked oatmeal ahead of time (the night before) and then bake it the next morning. I used rolled oats, ground flax, cinnamon, sea salt and almond milk. Add the rest of the ingredients. Combine the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Toss until well combined. You only need one mixing bowl and one baking dish for these recipes. Spread half of the oatmeal mixture over the banana slices. We love starting our day with peanut butter banana baked oatmeal, it is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe. In light of current world events I’ve been trying to use as minimal of ingredients as possible in my recipes. Gluten-free? This easy healthy baked oatmeal is naturally sweetened with bananas, and … Thanks Kelli! Simple to make, you can have it ready for a healthy breakfast in under 30 minutes. Healthy Baked Banana Oatmeal January 16, 2020Melanie Baked Oatmeal is a warm breakfast casserole consisting of oats. So good, thanks again! In a separate large bowl, add the oats. I’m Sarah and this is where I share my journey creating simple and seasonal plant-based recipes. It’s super easy to whip up, gluten-free and vegan. Is there a baked oatmeal flavor you don’t see here that you’d like for me to create? Sounds delicious. My 8 year old son thinks it is cake so that is a win – cake for breakfast! I’ve tried it a couple times and it does work, but I don’t recommend it because the oats absorb quite a bit of the liquid in the fridge overnight. The blueberries remained intact which I liked. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Samoa Baked Oatmeal – Love coconut, caramel and chocolate? This post may include affiliate links. Peach Baked Oatmeal – A healthy baked oatmeal recipe using one of my favorite summer fruits: peaches! Making large casserole breakfasts is a great way to feed your family and be sure of leftovers for the days ahead! Alternatively, you can combine everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Slice the remaining two bananas into quarter inch slices. And my husband likes it too! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 inch square or 7x5 inch rectangular baking dish. Swap in a flaxseed egg in place of a traditional egg. Leave a comment letting me know! I honestly LOVE all types of oatmeal (and I have a ton of oatmeal recipes here on EBF), but baked oatmeal is definitely one of my favorite ways to enjoy oatmeal. I love cooking with whole foods that give me the energy to keep up with an active lifestyle. I baked per directions in glass baking dish, it turned out great. Great option for the whole family! My boys ask for them! So easy and so delicious. Your email address will not be published. Gluten-free. Related recipe: Love a good banana recipe in the morning? Sounds delicious! Pour half of the oatmeal mixture over top and smooth out with a spatula. The addition of blueberries and banana is definitely yummy! Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal – Studded with chopped pecans and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup this maple pecan baked oatmeal is fancy enough to serve for brunch, but awesome as a make-ahead breakfast for the week as well. If you want to prep baked oatmeal ahead of time, it’s best to prep it and bake it at the same time. Can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries! Camryn and I chose to make it in bowls and it was great. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and milk. And I’ve made this with both frozen and fresh and I liked the frozen version better so I think that will work great for you. For most recipes you’ll use 1 part oats to 1 part liquid.