I think I will try Chef John's recipe next time! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Could use some lemon juice, I thought. It has zero added sugar, and takes 5 minutes to make. Required fields are marked *. Learn how your comment data is processed. This is a thick spooning sauce. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Want to get more single serving recipes delivered to your inbox? If strawberries aren’t very ripe or flavorful, considering adding a bit of sugar to bring out the sweetness and flavor of the strawberries. The peach sauce will probably be thicker, but still so delicious. If the sauce is too thin, I’d recommend adding 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds. With that said, though, this is a great sauce for pancakes, ice cream, cheesecake, or pound cake. Want to thicken it up, add some chia seeds. Or do you have a recipe for one to freeze?? I love ice cream, but have learned 2 lessons about my taste preference thanks to practicing mindfulness. I’m already thinking it’d be great with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches. The recipe for Sugar-Free Strawberry Sauce. By the way one pint of strawberries is 2.3 cups. [This recipe was originally posted in February 2017. Hi Joyce, great question. Full disclosure, I haven’t tried to freeze it but I bet it’d be fine. Measure the chopped … Let me know if you try it & how it goes! Combine strawberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. This strawberry sauce recipe is so simple, it’s got fresh strawberries, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. It has been updated for photos and content.] As always Chef John delicious! Anyway I love this recipe! Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. On Nourish Nutrition, you’ll find quick, delicious recipes for one person to get you excited to cook at home. Add just a bit of the lemon juice & salt between tastings to make sure it tastes good. It’s easy to make, takes only a few minutes and can be made with either fresh or frozen strawberries. Oh and be aware of the water content of the fruit you use. I highly recommend using up your last farmers market strawberries or others that are packed with flavor. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I've found that it makes the sauce a little thicker. I couldn't stop tasting it! Especially the fruit flavored ones. Chef John serves this sauce over his New York-Style Cheesecake. It has zero added sugar, and takes 5 minutes to make. Sauce was also good on ice cream and waffles. It was great over garbanzo bean chocolate cake from this site (also 5 star). It’s great over ice cream, brownies, between cake layers, mixed with olive oil to make an easy summer salad dressing, Add to lemonade for strawberry lemonade (replace 1/2 cup sauce for berries in. You know the ones you don’t really want to eat plain. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Your email address will not be published. Blend until smooth. 53 calories; protein 0.4g 1% DV; carbohydrates 13.4g 4% DV; fat 0.2g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 0.7mg. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Welcome! It has been updated for photos and content.]. I served it over Italian cheesecake. 12 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed for 30 minutes, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Now Chef John Can you freeze this sauce at all?? Don’t use early season strawberries that lack flavor, your sauce just won’t be that delicious. I made this sauce exactly like the recipe except I did not puree the strawberries because I wanted bits of fruit in it. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. The balsamic vinegar didn't do it for me. This healthy strawberry sauce is my newest favorite recipe. A beautiful, delicious, thick fruity sauce for dolloping over cheesecake, yoghurt, ice cream, cakes, etc. Great sauce, love the balsamic. But if you’re like me and have no desire to boil strawberries or put much effort into making a dessert sauce, this healthy strawberry sauce is for you. I always use this when I make cheesecake. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Pass puree through a fine sieve set over a bowl. I’m Rebecca, a food loving dietitian. Turn blender on and pulse until berries are pulverized and sauce is smooth. You can make this with the sweetener of your choice. Remove from heat. Strawberry Sauce: Printable Recipe . Puree strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a blender. Click here to download my Single Serving Cookbook. Clean, wipe and hull the strawberries. You saved Fresh Strawberry Sauce to your. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. My only recommendation would be to freeze it in a flat bag or in an ice tray so you don’t have to thaw the whole thing (unless you would use it all within a couple days). The best part of this healthy strawberry sauce recipe is just how versatile it is. Yes absolutely! You’re well on your way to a super easy and versatile sauce. SIGN UP to download my free Pantry Essentials Checklist to throw together easy & delicious meals on the spot, Recipe Development/Food Photography Services. But sometimes I just want a smooth fruity addition to ice cream. This is an excellent sauce for pies and cakes - especially cheesecakes! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Use ripe seasonal strawberries to get sweet, flavorful sauce. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 lb strawberries, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to the bowl of a high powered blender. While nothing is risk free, some activities are safer than others when it comes to COVID-19. Here are a few more great dessert recipes: Oatmeal Cherry Bars, No Churn Blueberry Oreo Ice Cream, Small Batch PB Chocolate Cookies, and Small Batch Double Chocolate Cookies. Info. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Made exactly from recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You’re well on your way to a super easy and versatile sauce. I would go light oin the sugar. Your email address will not be published. Source: EatingWell Magazine, March/April 1999. I paired this with a flourless chocolate cake (from this site) and while the cake was good alone this sauce made the cake outstanding! Let’s be honest here, 99% of sauces you can find at the store just don’t taste that great. This sauce is gently cooked on the stove-top to … On Nourish Nutrition, you’ll find real, quick, and nourishing recipes for one that'll get you to want to cook for yourself, because you deserve it.