So I just signed up for bell internet (wireless home internet) and they gave me a homehub 2000. Is there any benefit to having the 3000? It seems recently people have had more success with the HH3000. Apparently they fixed some of the major issues since it was a hardware flaw in some of them. The homehub 2000 doesnt provide enough coverage, when I bridge through DMZ to another router, my speed on the other network becomes 22-23, whereas on homehub 2000 wifi it is 26-27. If it would help I'd rather just buy a HH3000 rather than pay an ongoing monthly charge for the pods? Home Hub 2000. I currently have a HH2000 and I am happy with its performance. I wondered if the HH3000 has better wifi range? report. Measuring speeds on a network is a tricky thing, even in simple environments. But because that release of the modem preceded my personal range of experiences, I’m going to ignore this piece of History for the moment. Is there any benefit to having the 3000? Other than those WiFi settings, is there anything else? A bonus: The Home Hub 3000 continues to act as its own Wi-Fi access point, which means you’ll be working with a total of five mesh nodes. 2. I just had a Bell guy over this morning to replace my Hub 2000 with the Hub 3000. Dish: 2 takes on open RAN; + more news, 10 Years Of U.S. Broadband Policy Has Been A Colossal Failure; Altice USA Gives Up On Cogeco; + more news, How SpaceX Starlink Broadband Will Envelop Earth, Transform Sky; Dish Facing $3.3B In Spectrum Troubles; + more news, I am considering making these recessed shelves, Amazon IOT Sidewalk close to launch,and it's "opt out". share. hide. It is not that new in terms of technology, but it has a much better CPU that the 2000. I am now in the process of finding a Netgear modem/router with better range than my Hub 2000. They said homehub 3000 isn't available yet for this type of internet. Bell’s Home Hub 2000 uses 802.11ac technology, which lets you access the fastest Wi-Fi speeds available. Home Hub 3000 vs 2000 wifi range . One other advantage : You can use the SFP-ONT from the HH3000 and use it in your own router (like a Ubiquiti Networks Edgemax X-SFP, or other models, or with a Media Converter and use any router). Does it cost more? save. Anyone having problem with the 2.4 GHZ on Home Hub 3000, [Internet] "New" Home Hub 2000 - Questions, 8.8% Of US Broadband Subs Used 1TB/month+ In Q3; Latency Not Major Deal For Satellite Broadband - HughesNet; + more news, Broadband For Everyone? Posted by 6 months ago. But measuring them in mesh network like Bell’s Whole Home … Just my two cents if you can stay away from 3000, I have it even with firmware upgrade I regert upgrading it. matt newman says : February 14, 2018 at 8:01 am. The Hub 3000 failed to have a better range than my Hub 2000 by 1 bar with 2 different devices in different locations around our property. We plugged in the Hub 3000 with nothing connected and tested the wireless network signal. Bottom line is that I kept the Hub 2000 and saved $200. The manufacturer’s specifications indicate that the modem can provide up to 800 … This suggests our Internet usage was quite high. I prefer using my own access point anyways. So fast. Close. Does it cost more? Both the tech and 3rd level support had noted that the CPU on the 2000 series was at 100% most of the time. Luckily, the tech brought a Home Hub 3000, the newer Internet Hub that Bell has in their package. What is the process if I did want to have the 3000 installed? I thought it was built in and standard. What is the process if I did want to have the 3000 installed? And I’d like to weigh in on how good or bad the Home Hub 3000 might be, based on personal experiences. First off, this Modem / Router once had a very bad reputation, when it was first released for public use, in the year 2016. Anyone know what could be causing this … 3 comments. Tom Wheeler On Biden's Telecom Ambitions; Dish Inks Huge Crown Castle 5G Tower Deal; + more news, Digital Redlining: ISPs Widening The Digital Divide; T-Mobile vs. Archived. Is the battery an extra charge with the Home Hub 3000? Home Hub 3000 vs 2000 wifi range. I currently have a HH2000, and am having some range issues in some parts of my house.