In the end, a great dish for a Thanksgiving dinner that my son is going to. Add the carrots, cover the pot and continue boiling for 5 to 7 minutes, until the carrots are tender. I love hearing from you! It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. If you’d prefer brown sugar glazed carrots instead of ones glazed with honey, I’d recommend trying this recipe by Lil’ Luna. If you do make this recipe with baby carrots, it’s critical to rinse them under cold water before boiling them. If you do, I’d recommend boiling them for a minute or two less just so that they don’t become mushy when you reheat them. For a fresh pop of color and flavor just before serving. That’s because, before this recipe, Shane hated all cooked carrots. They magically disappear fast. This is so much easier than peeling and slicing regular size carrots for a large family. … Low and behold, not only did he eat them, but he actually liked them! If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, please leave me a star rating and a comment. Cooking carrots on the stovetop makes it easy to cook them. The honey glaze is a perfect way to dress these simple carrots. Your email address will not be published. So, I prefer making these carrots by boiling them for a few minutes on the stove, then simmering the glaze, and finally coating the carrots in the glaze. They’re the perfect simple holiday side dish. Now, my question is, the nutrition facts you provide at the bottom of every recipe, is it for the entire dish or a serving? STRAWBERRY JELLO SALAD WITH PRETZEL CRUST. I love it. So, if you have time, I’d recommend giving those a shot! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 40 Comments. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. The cooking time depends on the size of the carrots and how crunchy you like them. If your carrots are large and thick, you can slice them in half as well. I also used frozen, crinkle-cut carrots, I just ran them under warm water to get rid of the ice crystals (they were pretty old), and threw them in for an extra 5 minutes, and it came out fantastic!!! Add the carrots to a medium pot and cover with hot water. Glazed Carrots, Honey Glazed Carrots, thanksgiving side dish, Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Just a little bit helps to prevent the butter from burning. Serve immediately. They're easy to prepare, too, since the recipe uses pre-cut baby carrots. Born in Germany, I call Canada now my home and love to share my favorite dishes with you! I was recently told that I have Type 2 Diabetes and High Blood pressure so I have to alter my diet. Carrot includes beta carotene, antioxidants, and vitamins that are good for health. I love ginger and cinnamon which play nicely with the carrots’ sweetness. My family loved it!! Go for the thinner ones (no thicker than an inch or so). Thanks! It definitely simplifies things. A few delicious combinations are: Honey glazed carrots are best straight out of the oven, but you can refrigerate or freeze them after they’re cooked and cooled. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can slice the carrots a bit smaller if you’d like! Add the carrots, cover the pot and continue boiling for 5 to 7 minutes, until the carrots are tender. Add the salt and bring the water to a boil. Reheat them in a skillet or in the microwave. Lastly, it was scrumptious! Thank you!! Add carrots. Happy to hear you took a chance on this and ended up loving it! I normally make this recipe for the holidays, which means that my oven is already at full capacity. I’m trying to make this vegan, do you think I could substitute maple syrup for the honey to the same affect? Glad you loved these honey glazed carrots :). I love how you turn a basic veg into something special. In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced carrots with the honey, garlic, butter, oil, and spices. Bring to a simmer. Honey Glazed Carrots (BEST Honey Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe), This post contains affiliate links. Love it! Place the water, butter and honey in a pot over high heat and bring to a boil. They magically disappear fast. Oh my goodness, this a a really tasty recipe. Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. These sound totally delicious. Our whole family loves this easy veggie side dish, it’s a Holiday staple together with our Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon! Would this sweet glaze work with turnips is, I guess, the question. It really is the best combo that complements the carrot’s savoriness :). Would it work to combine baby turnips with the carrot chunks? These honey glazed carrots are an easy sheet pan recipe that turns into a flavorful, sweet and savory side dish. Just about any hearty main dish works with these carrots. If you have extra time, and want the glaze to caramelize, the oven is your best bet. Definitely making these again! orange or rainbow carrots, whole or baby carrots. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Return the carrots to the pot and stir until the carrots are fully covered and glazed. No, you don’t necessarily have to peel carrots but for the best flavor and texture, it is recommended to peel them. ©Downshiftology. Glad the whole family enjoyed these glazed carrots :). I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! You can cut the carrots into sticks like shown or cut them into slices so they look like coins. Honey glazed carrots with a squeeze of lemon juice are the best cooked carrots you’ll ever eat – everyone loves them! Here you'll find hundreds of recipes, all made from scratch with lots of tips and detailed step-by-step instructions. Honey glazed carrots with a squeeze of lemon juice are the best cooked carrots you’ll ever eat – everyone loves them! So, when I made these carrots for Thanksgiving because our nephew loves sweet cooked carrots, I didn’t have the highest of hopes that Shane would eat any. An easy side dish for any meal! I appreciate your sharing the recipe. I added a Tbsp. That being said, I do prefer the taste of full sized organic carrots (which are actually the same price, or cheaper, at our local grocery store). Cover; cook on medium low to medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more great recipes and all of the latest updates. Since this is a holiday recipe, I’m all about making things as easy as possible. a show-stopping sweet and savory side dish (that’s also highly addictive). Oh, I’m so sorry, looks like I forgot to add it to the instructions. A 5* for sure. Although, I haven’t tried this glaze with roasted turnips – but might be delicious. Tonight I found some carrots that needed to be finished. Thanks so much for 'spicing' the carrots up! If desired, garnish with fresh diced parsley. https://damndelicious.net/2013/11/25/honey-glazed-baby-carrots Delicious! These honey glazed carrots are an easy sheet pan recipe that transforms the everyday carrot into a show-stopping sweet and savory side dish (that’s also highly addictive). How do you think if we slice carrot become small pieces? But I will say that the addition of the cornstarch to thicken the sauce a bit did result in coating the carrots better. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes, to get caramelization on the edges.