Good day! amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Can’t wait to get started. It would be a good idea to do this a few hours or the day before. Very easy drawing tutorials for kids. medianet_crid = "863485375"; Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email. How to Draw a Coffee Mug. Erase all unnecessary guidelines from the previous stagesto get something like this: This is the last stage of the instruction on how to draw a mug, in which we will color our sketch. 12 oz Plain Gloss White Ceramic Coffee Mugs, Sharpie Oil Based Paint Marker, Assorted Fashion Colors, Paint Pens for Rock Painting – Oil Based Permanent Markers. Let’s start drawing the mug from the very top. And, if you just want to drool over art supplies, try Free Art Supply Catalogs And Online Art Stores. Hard shadow edges end abruptly, like the shadow lines around the handle and rim of my mug. I love this! I know they’re going to be thrilled. Add the handle after the sides are drawn. Just let the lines build up over each other, nice and easy. It looks like so much fun and I can personalize my coffee mugs.! Note how far from the edge it joins the cup. Brace the drawing paper at an angle, or your drawing will be distorted. I had fun, but I’m pretty sure back then I was using the regular Sharpie pens used to label stuff with. Repurposed and Upcycled Arts and Crafts Inspiration ✂️, 2020-01-11 By Jennifer 6 Comments *This post may contain affiliate links for products I recommend.*. In honor of my website being online for twenty years, I’ve updated the original Toad Hollow Studio Chickadee on a Twig origami bookmark for your folding pleasure. Required fields are marked *, Thank you for stopping by! amzn_assoc_asins = "B073WTW5FM,B07B6RNCXC,B000GOYAPQ,B01GDEQ0X2"; Draw well, draw strong, and never stop! I added the darkest shadows on the rim, the handle, and along the sides and bottom. Both of my ovals measure about an index finger’s width deep. As a special tip, I have learned that these kinds of pens tend to “re-wet” when you try to draw over them, so best to keep designs simple. Yes, that is a funny double entendre bit of humor aimed at knitters It is based on one of my original Etsy store designs. Thanks! Today I want to teach you all about how to draw on a coffee mug – and set it permanently! Well, we have something like a regular symmetrical cylinder. Now draw two vertical straight lines as in our example. With your pencil in an overhand grip, use the side of the lead to draw big loose lines in the general shape of the mug. Step 1. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "createwithjennifer-20"; Carefully erase any lines that don’t belong. medianet_width = "300"; You can also get “extra fine” as well as “fine” (I picked up two extra fine by mistake, but it turned out that the tip does produce very good inkflow. For the beginning, draw a simple vertical line. The rim and bottom of the mug are made of circles seen from the side, or ovals, and they are nearly at the same degree of tilt. Etsy as well as platforms like Pinterest are GREAT for finding ideas, you can come across some funny memes or sayings (just don’t copy, but you can re-use a funny saying, or do your own spin on it ). Lightly hatch a cast shadow to make the mug look like it’s sitting on something. In the beginning, draw a simple vertical line. I erased them from the rim, handle, and bottom of my cup. Step 3. Join us to learn how to draw like a real artist! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Here’s a productive idea — draw your coffee mug! Once you’ve finally decided on an idea, it’s time to execute it….Get a sheet of paper and pencil because we’re going to transfer our idea. Have some time to fill at work? Measuring helped me make matching curvature at the top and bottom of the mug. Squint your eyes to blur everything and check to see if it’s lighter than most of the shadows and darker than most of the highlights. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Pinch the kneaded eraser into a wedge or point shape, and then drag it across the hatching to erase more highlights. Now let’s try to connect two ovals from the previous step. Add any decorations now. Most Popular View As : Standard Printable Step by Step. With your pencil in an overhand grip, use the side of the lead to draw big loose lines in the general shape of the mug. If you want my overly opinionated view on which supplies you need, you’ll want to read my Basic, Intermediate, And Advanced Lists. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Add the darkest details with the point of the pencil. 12 oz Plain Gloss White Ceramic Coffee MugsSharpie Oil Based Paint Marker, Assorted Fashion ColorsPaint Pens for Rock Painting – Oil Based Permanent Markers. The recommended setting is 350 degrees for thirty minutes. I did read a comment from someone that a little dab of Purell will correct a minor error. Designs distort as they near the mug’s edge. I discovered that when attempting to add a little dimension to  the moka espresso pot and the ball of yarn. When you are happy with your design…Now to set it on your mug or mugs permanently, they will need to do a little oven time. To help place it, look for any space between the inside of the handle and the mug’s edge. If so, be sure to let me know about it. Have some practice paper nearby to test out your pens’ inkflow first. medianet_height = "250"; Shade “around” the largest highlights, leaving them lighter than the shadowed inner part of the cup. You can use it to transfer your final design on the mug so it will be flawless and easy to color over. My girls and I are planning to spend the weekend with arts and craft projects so, this is really timely. A long time ago I wanted to do some artwork on a plain white coffee cup just for kicks, and I did. You can’t draw anything right until you’ve drawn it wrong. Shadows have hard and soft edges. If the final lines are darker than the mug, form the kneaded eraser into a rounded shape and tap or roll it over lines until they lighten to about the ‘mid-value’ of your mug. I say YES! So you can’t go wrong with either.