Using mild or regular chili powder and omitting optional ingredients will reduce heat. My wife and I like our tacos a little spicier, so I added a little bit more cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper flakes than it calls for. ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste. onion powder – 1 tsp. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You saved Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix to your. garlic powder – 1 tsp. I much prefer it over those pre-made packets. The packages have about 4g's of sugar per TBS. Great seasoning mix. I have several recipes with a strong Mexican influence. As my “heat” tolerance has increased over the years, some of my recipes can get quite “hot”. This is a great, easy to make taco seasoning. I enjoy Mexican cuisine and cook with a lot of Mexican ingredients and spices. It’s a seasoning that I really like using in many of my recipes. Coat your chicken with butter or canola oil then press the spice rub in. Salt can be omitted. 12 calories; protein 0.5g 1% DV; carbohydrates 2.4g 1% DV; fat 0.5g 1% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 234.7mg 9% DV. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. of mix and 3/4 cup water to 1 lb of ground beef. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Delicious and thanks! We really enjoyed this seasoning mix. Mix chili powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Congrats! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Check out these recipes that use my Homemade Old El Paso Taco Seasoning… – El Pollo Cinco de Mayo ~ Mexican Chicken – Nacho Cheese Sandwich – Six Layer Chip Dip – Hamburger Helper Copycat – Easy Chicken Quesadillas – Southwest Beef Casserole and for more fun kitchen tips & tricks, click on this link… Recipe Category • Tips & Tricks   Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube. Not impressive but good. Can't wait to try it. This made great beef taco filling. This isn't just a great spice mix -- it's also a great spice rub for beer can chicken or just a whole chicken that you roast in the oven. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Store it in a cool, dry place. FYI - this recipe seasoned one pound of meat perfectly. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. coconut sugar – 1 tsp. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Copyright 2016-2020 by Club Foody (Feuro Intl.). So glad to find a recipe without cornstarch/flour/sugar! If I cannot read and understand what’s in it, I’m sure to stay away from it. Info. cornmeal – 2 tsp. Buy bulk spices and you can make 5-plus batches for under $1.00!! Yum yum! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. sweet paprika – 1 tsp. Have fun and let's get cooking! I did use the cayenne and crushed red pepper and used kosher salt instead of sea salt. That's the "missing" ingredient everyone tries to find. sweet paprika – 1 tsp. Others though are quite mild because of the spices I use in them. These cookies do not store any personal information. I only ended up using 1/2c of water as well. I used this for a pound of ground beef and used a little more than 3/4 of a cup of chicken broth and let it simmer until the liquid was gone, which was about 15 minutes on med-low. onion … ground cumin – 1 tsp. Giving it 4 stars because i haven't cooked with it yet. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This lovely seasoning will keep for up to 4 months. Did one sub - used smokey paprika instead of regular - really gave it good flavor! – 1 tbsp. Thought it was better than the pre-packaged stuff but it didn't wow me. As good or better than the package Old El Paso that I normally buy. I changed the servings to 50 so i could get a whole jar full to last me a month or two so used 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes since i wasn't sure how much a pinch was and wanted to keep it mild for my younger children.