DMCA requests | Last I checked there isn't anything less than 5 CMC that can pull the trigger like that. The only distinction is that of those permanents, only creatures are affected by it. Im going give this a try in the sultai reclamation deck as maybe a faster clock. target land you control becomes an X/X Elemental creature with trample and haste until end of turn, where X is Obuun’s power. becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature with flying and infect until end of turn. level 2. No you may not, no matter what a permanent entered the battlefield as if it is turned into a creature by anything that same turn or on your opponents next) it still has summoning sickness unless you have the means to give it haste as well. November 8, 2011 6:39 p.m. 1 . Inkmoth nexus - a major component of my infect deck. Privacy statement | That's the way I usually think of it as well, some people need a different explanation however. Posted by 1 month ago. Uhm, not many things can survive to those spells. Question about Inkmoth Nexus and Obuun for edh . This site © 2020 TappedOut.net, LLC Flamekin Village: Haste on a land, ... Inkmoth Nexus: A cheap man-land with evasion and infect make for both a powerful equipment carrier and a target to dump counters from Marath onto. Some effects state that an object becomes a "[creature type or types] artifact creature"; these effects also allow the object to retain all of its prior card types and subtypes other than creature types, but replace any existing creature types. Hello. Some effects change an object's card type, supertype, or subtype but specify that the object retains a prior card type, supertype, or subtype. If this combo sees play in Modern, I'd wager it's from a Splinter Twin styled combo control deck. Mimic Vat and Inkmoth Nexus; Search Search all Forums Search this Forum Search this Thread Tools Jump to Forum Mimic Vat and Inkmoth Nexus #1 Nov 27, 2011. castratedmoose. Interesting surprise factor. Some effects state that an object becomes an "artifact creature"; these effects also allow the object to retain all of its prior card types and subtypes. I’m wondering what happens when you put it on dark steel citadel. TappedOut.js Blog Widget. TL;DR: modern playable, but it doesn't fit in many decks. If Inkmoth Nexus entered the battlefield this turn and it’s not a creature, it can be tapped for mana. Press J to jump to the feed. 5 mana vanilla creature that dies to both Fatal Push and Path to Exile? This rule applies to effects that use the phrase "in addition to its types" or that state that something is "still a [type, supertype, or subtype]." Neither of these effects say to lose abilities nor do they set them to a basic land type without retaining types so the abilities will be unaffected regardless of the order resolved. Inkmoth Nexus - (G) (SF) (txt)[[cardname]] or [[cardname|SET]] to call. A subreddit dedicated to the discussion of Magic: The Gathering's Modern format! It still dies to GQ, but every land except Darksteel Ciadel does. November 8, 2011 7:24 p.m. 1 . Cookies help us deliver our Services. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Generally infect never wants to hit their fifth land drop so they'll only be able to cast this in games where things have already gone quite wrong. Feeds | Contact | Also plays nice with its old buddy, Kessig Wolf Run in the absence of Marath. In such cases, all the object's prior card types, supertypes, and subtypes are retained. Inkmoth Nexus causes 2nd turn wins..... Let's ban Blazing Shoal, which nobody ever uses anywhere else, instead of the broken man-land that every standard deck uses. 2. Or if you want to dodge removal: Carnage tyrant, Or if you want to interact with the board: Inferno titan, Or if you want to generate incremental advtange: Elizabeth suns champions(theros one), Just adding to the fact that there are a lot of better things for 6 mana already . Hello. Adding another big pump spell isn't helping out with any of the problematic matchups infect runs into except for insulating your inkmoth nexus against walking ballista but even then it's too much mana for the deck. If it becomes a creature that turn, it can’t attack or be tapped for mana. 1 year ago. It’s still a land. It’s still a land. I think I know the answer but want to be sure before investing in any new cards. 212.3d A creature's activated ability with the tap symbol in its activation cost can't be played unless the creature has been under its controller's control since the start of his or her most recent turn. Thank you. Sometimes I see WotC's bannings, shake my head, and wonder who actually watches pro tour matches. Help | Inkmoth Nexus can play a part in mitigating this effect. Activate Inkmoth after this spell and it's be 10 infect but that's 7 mana and dies to anything not Bolt. @Syinide no problem, all manlands are affected by it. I wasn't completely sure if that rule applied to inkmoth nexus. I wasn't completely sure if that rule applied to inkmoth nexus. Ok we can't say that about path. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the ModernMagic community. Primeval Titan getting inkmoth and slamming this on it the next turn seems pretty solid to me. Also, we have new things like [[Tomik, Distinguished Advokist]]What's interesting is the instant counters for manlands.While I agree that 5 mana is too much, that doesn't necessarily make it unplayable in Modern, it's just a high risk play, and we all know manlands can win games, specially in control decks. As well, the fail rate in infect is when the creatures get hit by removal and there aren't any threats to put the pump spells onto, not that infect generally runs out of pump spells. Question about Inkmoth Nexus and Obuun for edh. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 6 mana buys you a 9/9 with haste that has no protection from much of the formats removal, is open to fatal push despite the cost, and puts you down a card/land when hit by removal. Discord Server | 205.1b. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Close. castratedmoose. S y i n i d e says... #2. Feels like if you're going that route then [[Torrential Gearhulk]] is just better. However, this card is green, so it doesn't fit in many control decks. Nexus first, X/X artifact creature land - blinkmoth elemental.Obuun first, 1/1 artifact creature land - blinkmoth. 6/1/2011: If you’ve controlled Inkmoth Nexus continuously since your most recent turn began and it becomes a creature, it can attack or be tapped for mana. E p o c h a l y p t i k says... #3. One that tries to keep the disrupt the opponent until it can safely pull the trigger on the opponent's end-step.