Find on the map and call to book a table. We spent a lovely evening at Irene's. My wife started with wine and i ordered an...old fashioned. They were good but there’s a place a few blocks away where they are so much better. They were good but there’s a place a few blocks away where they are so much better. It really doesn't get much better that Irene's! We loved Irene's in the old location, now it is closer to Canal Street and easier to get to!! The food was delicious. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. I ordered the shrimp and crawfish fettuccine. The food was off the chart good. 529 Bienville St French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70130-2206. Per Zagat.com, Irene's has re-opened post-Katrina...that's good to hear. Open Google Maps. I have usually been disappointed with food in the Quarter; but not this time. ", Restaurant Guru 2019Best Italian restaurantIrene’s Cuisine, 529 Bienville Street New Orleans, LA 70130. I did not like the dipping sauce that it came with either. Served over a nest of pappardelle pasta tossed with fresh basil, roma tomatoes in a reggiano crawfish sauce, House made Cannelloni rolled with ground veal and pork parmigiano and ricotta, with roasted eggplant over besciamella and a light marinara, Limited availability. The Meuniere Almondine was Black Drum that evening, a nice firm fish with mild flavor. Ask when you call for reservations. The food. The old fashioned was very good! My buddy had classic Lasagna and stated that he was gonna have to call his mom and tell her he finally found a Lasagna better than hers, I told him not a smart move. And our meal of, bib lettuce salad , mussels marinara, lasagna, bolognese, seafood ciopinna, and creme brûlée for dessert. My wife’s red snapper was good but also bland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We choose inside. Get quick answers from Irene's staff and past visitors. The waitstaff, atmosphere, and food were excellent. New Location is Terrific, Food Great as Always. Even though it was drizzling outside, the gorgeous patio is covered, and the rain kept things cool. The Shrimp & Crab...Papparadelle had fresh shellfish in a lovely sauce. Very nice background. Amazing service. We loved Irene's in the old location, now it is closer to Canal Street and easier to get to!! They did a good job of being "Covid Conscious."More. We recommend parking at the neighboring hotels, in the One Canal Place Lot or Premium Parking Lot - P402 at the intersection of Bienville and N. Peters. Reserve a table at Irene's, New Orleans on Tripadvisor: See 2,252 unbiased reviews of Irene's, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #37 of 1,845 restaurants in New Orleans. Grilled lamb chops, roasted garlic potato mash, haricot verts with a rosemary port wine demi, Roasted crispy, glazed with a pecan, raspberry pancetta demi, sweet potato mash and fresh spinach, Roasted in white wine, virgin olive oil, rosemary garlic jus with herbed roasted potatoes, Shrimp, scallops, fish, crabmeat, clams, mussels simmered in a spicy, saffron scented tomato fennel broth, Pan seared filet of fish, toasted almonds, sweet potato mash haricot verts, brown butter (add jumbo lump crabmeat for an additional charge), Baked in the shell with pancetta, pimento and pecorino romano. Go early as they do not take reservations (and the wait can be hours)--I think they open at 5pm. Get quick answers from Irene's staff and past visitors. During covid you can sit inside or out. I had Escargot as a starter and Crispy Duck as my main course, wow is all I can say. Then we ordered dinner and my wife order the red snapper special. How owner Irene DiPietro, a baby boomer from a little town in southern Sicily, came to dazzle the palates of the French Quarter’s jaded souls and create an enticing, enchanting setting that is both intimate and homey, is certainly fodder for dining out fanatics. roasted with white wine, extra virgin olive oil and a rosemary garlic jus with a touch of lemon. Save. I rarely order chicken when we eat out, however, this was excellent. Irene's Cusine gets ready to move from it's old location to Bienville Street in New Orleans. I don't wanna look to overdressed or under. drinks. We spent a lovely evening at Irene's. Very nice background. I had the shrimp and crawfish fettuccine, and my wife had the duck, Both...were excellent.More, My husband and I were served by Stacie, the greatest waitstaff person we’ve had in Over 50 years. Irene's. Was worthy of her attention. I had the shrimp and crawfish fettuccine, and my wife had the duck, Both...were excellent.More, My husband and I were served by Stacie, the greatest waitstaff person we’ve had in Over 50 years. The food was off the chart good. Lol, Marriott Autograph Collection Hotels in New Orleans, Preferred Hotels & Resorts in New Orleans, Warehouse/Central Business District Hotels, Arts District / Warehouse District Hotels, Hotels With Adjoining Rooms in New Orleans, Hotels near (MSY) Louis Armstrong Intl Airport, Cajun & Creole Restaurants in New Orleans, French Restaurants with Private Dining in New Orleans, South American Restaurants for Lunch in New Orleans, Restaurants for Group Dining in New Orleans, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in New Orleans, Arts District / Warehouse District Restaurants, Mediterranean Restaurants in Central Business District, Seafood Restaurants for Special Occasions in Arts District / Warehouse District. Normally you go through a pasta dish and you don’t feel like you’re making a dent. 529 Bienville St French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70130-2206 +1 504-529-8811 Website Menu. This restaurant was hands down amazing. They did a good job of being "Covid Conscious.". Was worthy of her attention. My husband started with the Caesar Salad, I had the Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto Parma- both excellent. My buddy had classic Lasagna and stated that he was gonna have to call his mom and tell her he finally found a Lasagna better than hers, I told him not a smart move. Finished in marinara with shaved parmigiano, Crisp romaine with herbed croutons and shaved parmigiano, Thinly sliced parma prosciutto and Marinated Artichokes and a baby greens salad sprinkled with white wine vinaigrette and cracked black pepper, Fresh fish pan sauteed with gulf shrimp, roasted peppers. The old fashioned was very good! Thank you. French Quarter. We loved Irene's in the old location, now it is closer to Canal Street and easier to get to!! Four of us on Wednesday evening. I did not like the dipping sauce that it came with either. Copyright © 2020 Irene's. I did not like the dipping sauce that it came with either. Since 1993, upscale Italian classics draw crowds to our elegant dining room with a piano bar, in the heart of the French Quarter. Draped over herbed roasted potatoes, Veal medallions pan seared with fresh mushrooms deglazed with marsala, served with julienne sweet potatoes and vegetable du jour, Roasted crispy and glazed with a raspberry pancetta demi, topped with pecan pieces. Famous for their duck St. Philip which is roasted crispy and glazed with raspberry demi-glace, this Italian restaurant is a favorite amongst the locals. Go early as they do not take reservations (and the wait can be hours)--I think they open at 5pm. Photos of the staff and diners on Tuesday, January 9, 2018. I just love the antique charm of the restaurant and enjoyed the piano player (note: you don't want to sit in the bar if you want a quiet dinner). This is our first time to NO so we looked on TA for places to eat. The Shrimp & Crab...Papparadelle had fresh shellfish in a lovely sauce. Irenes popped up so we called and made reservations. All trademarks are properties of their respective owners. Lamb. We are looking for Servers to add to our growing team! It was called a verde salsa.