Not likely. When I got myself a brand new battery- the app analyzed it to have an estimated 95% health against its typical 4,200mAh capacity. Most accurate would be an in line amp meter with logging features. What Is Google Pay, and What Can You Do With It? I'm not 100% sure about the capacity cut-off, but there were also some threads in XDA about a "100% charge unlock mod" with root, which suggests there is such a limitation and some people already made a mod to get past it. The Galaxy S7 battery appears to be very susceptible to this so-called "calendar aging". AccuBattery isn’t 100% accurate as it doesn’t have direct readings of the battery on a system level. Craig Lloyd is a smarthome expert with nearly ten years of professional writing experience. Each time you charge your device, it will wear out the battery and reduce its capacity. Join 350,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, comics, trivia, reviews, and more. The only place for news, discussion, photos, and everything else Samsung Galaxy S8. Avoid charging your phone fully to increase long-term battery health XDA's official marketplace for buying and selling tech. Anyway I reported a possible inaccuracy in calculation to the developer. So maybe they bias more charge capacity for the last 5-10% to help prevent people from having their phones die kind of like how cars will often have 20-30 miles left once the range falls to 0... Everyday. In fact, the best way to keep your battery healthy is to perform shallow discharges, not run it down to zero regularly—which is why you should probably only calibrate it every few months or so. I run Accubattery on my mine, it says 92% after a couple of weeks. Or I got a bad phone or samsung lied..... Youre saying every phone does this though, not just samsung keeping it from bottoming out? The reason for this is simple. ❤ BATTERY HEALTH Batteries have a limited lifespan. If you want the most accurate battery stats, you’ll probably want to calibrate the battery every two to three months. A sweet, feature-filled launcher with a beautiful UX. And it's a good strategy as the last 10% of charge are very stressful for the cell. my experience with accubattery was NOT good, uninstalled for inaccurate data. Hmmm very interesting. There really isn't even a fixed 100 percent. Once unplugged, the battery is now calibrated and you can begin to use your phone again like normal. Join the #15MinuteChallenge with Warp Charge 65! Cookies help us deliver our Services. I'm pretty mad about this. Are you a developer? With AccuBattery Pro apk, you can protect your device’s battery at best. Accubattery is accurate within a margin of about 10 percent either way. Hosted by Leaseweb. Thanks. 0 percent isn't actually 0 percent either. I have a tmobile galaxy s10+ snap dragon and I noticed the battery drain is really bad. Other phone batteries (including on the S8) are much less affected by that. The battery in your phone is not new even if you just bought the phone. AccuBattery isn’t 100% accurate as it doesn’t have direct readings of the battery on a system level. An unfortunate design decision on the part of Samsung, that marrs an otherwise perfect phone. I usually am able to achieve that with 2.5-3h of SoT by the end of the day, given that I do not use the device like crazy. Since we launched in 2006, our articles have been read more than 1 billion times. And technically, you don’t really need to do it at all if you don’t care how accurate the percentage is, especially if you’re vigilant about keeping the battery charged up anyway. How long should I charge for to get accurate results and what voltage should be present. There would be no other realistic way to guarantee that you will lose only 5% capacity over 2 years, as they advertise. Accu Battery protects battery health, displays battery usage information, and measures battery capacity (mAh) based on science. I don't know that. You can confirm that the battery is completely dead by trying to turn it on—you’ll usually be greeted with a dead battery icon before the phone shuts off again after a few seconds. is accubattery accurate? If you're unsure at what level this happens, you can discharge until it turns itself off, plug in the power and restart the device. So maybe they bias more charge capacity for the last 5-10% to help prevent people from having their phones die kind of like how cars will often have 20-30 miles left once the range falls to 0... 5% of your battery is kept for recharge reserve, Android has no access to it, it's handled by the firmware and Accubattery obviously thinks your battery is consumed since it counts 200mAh is missing, that's completely normal and they should update their app to keep that in mind. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. As far as I know Accu tries to calculate actual capacity through a series of charge cycles. So after having it for 3 days I checked out accubattery and it says I have 4% wear already. If you’ve ever noticed that your phone’s battery goes from 60% to 50% in a matter of minutes, only to remain on 50% for what seems like ages, it probably means the battery needs to be calibrated. How legit is AccuBattery? Charging upwards from 50% will also increase battery life by decreasing the frequency of cycles. What are your views/experiences ? I full charged the battery on Thursday night and it showed me 93% battery health. I woudnf trust any of them. Does your battery shut your phone off prematurely? While we shouldn't take things things as absolute, I feel Accubattery is still a good tool for people who come posting about their battery being bad. 147 posts Thanks Meter: 30 . It was probably manufactured some time in 2016 and has lost several percent just because of that. Every … AccuBattery will show you how much battery wear each charging session is causing your battery. It's just tuned to call a certain voltage 100 percent which is a number chosen specifically to balance battery life against battery wear just like you say. Yeah I am aware of that. XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. Only thing I can figure is it hasn't been completely depleted yet, the lowest I've taken it is about 15%. Accura The most accurate battery monitor is now available as a Native iPad and iPhone App (Accura HD and Accura Premium). Just because something isn't 100 percent accurate doesn't mean it's useless. Plug in the charger, and verify that AccuBattery is running and counting mAh's. How to Fix Inaccurate Charge Percentages by Calibrating Your Phone’s Battery, How to Automatically Hide or Show the Menu Bar on a Mac, How to Choose Which Extensions Appear on the Firefox Toolbar, How to Disable Blood Oxygen Monitoring on Apple Watch. From the data I've seen from different phones (S6, LG G6, Motorola g3), the S7 battery appears to age fastest by far. Calibrating your battery can fix this. First, let your phone drain completely to the point where it shuts itself off. To help you follow these guidelines we've built in a charge alarm. Add swipe gestures to any Android, no root, Make your phone easier to use with one hand, no root. Easy way to check. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Also as an update if you go to settings and read battery info they say 4100 Mah is not guaranteed (Samsung's support sent me there), Samsung Galaxy S10+ Guides, News, & Discussion, Samsung Galaxy S10+ ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Development, Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10 5G/E Cross Device Development (EXYNOS) Link, Samsung Galaxy S10+ Themes, Apps, and Mods. Also, check what's the battery voltage at full charge, after you remove the cable (charging screen in Accubattery). When I got myself a brand new battery- the app analyzed it to have an estimated 95% health against its typical 4,200mAh capacity. [Hisense A5 Pro CC] How to root/unlock bootloader?