All rights reserved. Not always. Both on Hard difficulty with Ironman enabled. Playing as Ireland has proven quite fun. What is a challenging goal In Europa Universalis IV that players should try to complete? It's up to you to decide if you're up to the challenge. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). Give Ming a try if you haven't already, they have a unique feel to them. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Playing Europa Universalis IV with friends is surprisingly fun for such a complex strategy game. I find having a book handy is a good thing for alot of these countries. But those are VERY bland to play without conquest of paradise or el dorado. What do you enjoy the most in Europa Universalis 4? Probably. Might not be that fun though, given the number of rebels in this game. A buddy backstabbing you by allying with England in declaring war instead of helping you defend your colonies is easier to laugh and scream about than if an AI player did the exact same thing. I've read in some reviews that now you kinda need some DLCs to fix those mechanics? There are some dates in history which, in retrospect, are more significant than others. What makes the multiplayer so enjoyable is that many of the game's frustrating moments are transformed into entertaining stories to tell your comrades and rivals. Random events occur all the time, often giving a helpful boost or forcing you to choose the lesser of two evils. © Valve Corporation. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. If you want fun, try establishing an Indian Ocean trade powerhouse with Oman, and throwing back the Europeans when they decide to … Im reading great reviews about the game but at the same time alot of people are saying that you need the expansions for this game to be great, so im wondering how good is the base game? It has a huge amount more features and a longer time period, more historical events and allows for significant alternate history. Dec 10, 2013 @ 12:52pm Things to do? The last Europa Universalis came out in 2007, so playing the latest title with the updated engine used in cult favorite Crusader Kings 2 is refreshing for those tired of the old graphics. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Jump to navigation Jump to search. World domination? Just don't forget to write down or put a screenshot of the ideas if you will be writing about custom nation. But as it's on a good sale I'd recommend the base game and the first 4 expansions if money allows. If you only want one expansion then Art of War is the one. Sign-in to your Escapist account to enter contest, post comments, and simply be more awesome. Took over ireland as connaught, then took colonisation asap. All of the Southeast Asian countries are interesting starting points and my focus for my next playthrough. Game: Europa Universalis IV Genre: Real-Time StrategyDeveloper: Paradox Development Studio Publisher: Paradox InteractivePlatform(s): PCAvailable from: Amazon(US), GameStop(US), Amazon(UK). play a larger nation on my PC and let my laptop tick away the clock and collect money/resources until the time is right to strike and dominate the world! So my two top games would be as Qara Qoyunlu and Wallachia. Europa Universalis IV is one of those games where you could put in over 1,000 hours and ... Uesugi stands as a strong contender for top-dog but any of the minor Japanese nations can be fun … Lithuania is usually PU'd by Poland and Muscovy is often hostile if they share a border. Well, the problem in this case isn't that you're palying a small nation (which Norway isn't really), but that you're the lesser partner in a PU. Is EU4 still good as Vanilla? Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249193005, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249913573, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=253491016, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=253903873, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254679692, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255416020. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. The big problem would be Lithuania or Muscovy, they tend to be able to get to Sweden. You block the sound with your navy, stopping Denmark and her allies from getting to you. © Valve Corporation. Well remember that its all had to be programmed and many counties will have been programmed to be more fun to play than others. It is not as good without the dlc after having it for such a long time, but still a really good game. Is EU4 realistic? Every game I've played so far I see them getting destroyed. If you pick a very unusual country or one restricted by powerful neighbours or whatever life is going to be tough and/or dull unless you can role play your game a bit and make your own goals. So, even though i am addicted to this game, and enjoy my time while playing it.. im running into one problem, and once i noticed it, it made me kinda depressed lol. vasselised and ate shawnee (lost 2 stability for the lack of cb but who cares), annexed, started colonising and now I own all of North America! I've been playing as savoy for the last 3-4 days, and I honestly don't think I've ever had more fun in europa. What is in your oppinion the most interesting lands to play with and what years to start ? Entirely doable and more fun imo to play small nations and build up then to start with the larger nations. For many players, the fun comes from adding a “what if?” factor to historical events. thats the only one i can afford after buying the base game. The Media Failed in its Coverage of the PewDiePie Controversy, Escapist Digest: Game of Thrones, Monument Valley, Life is Strange 2, and more, High-Powered Hardware Isn't Enough to Make Project Scorpio Succeed. I just dont wanna find out that I only become capable of Militaristic conquest, or even any sort of expansion by like 1805 lol. Norway can get independence, it amounts to beating Sweden in a war. Does the simulation adequately model what it's like to rule a country and wage war in the era? Colonize as a powerful Ireland, instead of England. All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos Workshop News Guides Reviews Europa Universalis IV > General Discussions > Topic Details. © Valve Corporation. There just isn't much to do other than setting stuff up to become independant. But aye, i think ill run 2 seperate games One on my Laptop & one on my PC. Conquer the world as Ryukyu seems to be the most difficult challenge, although pretty much anything with Native American nations is a challenge. Some of the hard achievements have been some of my favorite games, but very draining mentally! Successfully bridging RTS and turn-based games, you can choose to fast-forward the simulation to zoom past a peaceful period or slow down and even pause the game in order to consider your next move.