Put a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Cut 1 1/2 pounds large red-skinned … Mix tamari in one cup of water and pour over the potatoes. Add the potatoes and toss in pan. Excellent. This means that if you click on a product link, I may receive compensation. Easy to prepare. He is also a Reiki master, film writer, and director. Easy & delicious. Serve Potatoes in Tomato Sauce immediately. Try to do by this recipe and you will defenetly love it. Nutmeg compliments perfectly the delicate flavor of potatoes and give them a sweet yet aromatic flavor which brings your average mashed potatoes to the next level. Nutritional information is only an estimate. We offer you a fresh connection with our readers and subscribers who have an appreciation of Italian food, tradition, and Mediterranean lifestyle in today's world. Margarita Restrepo is the founder and editor-in-chief of Naked Food Magazine and author of the Naked Food Cookbook. Required fields are marked *. If the potatoes begin drying out, add 1-2 cups of water-tamari mix. Add onions, tomatoes, and herbs. Add beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and 3/4 cup basil leaves. A complete makeover. Combine the garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Chopped tomatoes are then added for the last ten minutes so that they just begin to soften and release their juices. To me, comfort food is what brings back warm memories, nostalgia, and the food that I crave when I want to feel peaceful and cozy, preferably if eaten on my sofa (yes, I love eating on the sofa). I could eat a huge bowl of just mashed potatoes for dinner. Add salt and pepper to taste. Boasting a savory combination of braised onions, garlic, red bell peppers, potatoes, and green beans, all coated in a delicious Italian seasoned tomatoey broth makes for soul-warming deliciousness that is easy to make, hearty, and satisfying. Put a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Cut 1 1/2 pounds large red-skinned Rustic, vibrant, and brimming with deliciousness, this Italian Braised Green Beans and Potatoes is packed full of feel-good, healthy ingredients. I'm Jess, I'm Italian, immigrated to the Netherlands with a true passion for food, travel and everything handmade. The essence of Italian cooking today is simplicity. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Flip the mixture and roast 10 more minutes. Reheat in a microwave or again in a pan adding a couple more tablespoon of milk. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Fluffy mashed potatoes, done the way my mom used to, with butter and milk. The type of tomatoes doesn’t really matter as long as they are ripe. Add onions, tomatoes, and herbs. x 9-in. Photos of Italy - Doc Miles Photography | Food Photos by Linda's Italian Table, Please consider joining us to showcase your products and services. You could also add in chopped sweet peppers, or mushrooms if you like. Combine the garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. I made your recipe. :). We just celebrated the Fourth of July, and for the first time in months, we were able to have family over to dine with us. 16 Yukon gold (or any round yellow) potatoes, washed. Stacey Diehl writes from her Lecanto, Florida home. Your email address will not be published. Slice the onion and finely chop the celery sticks, putt hem in a large skillet with 5-6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mashed potatoes are one of my top comfort foods of all time. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App. Combine the garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Soak the raisins in cold water ten minutes. I love to experiment, learn new skills and share my knowledge about everything I do! Linda's Italian Table welcomes a discussion with you about how our site can help promote your brand. They bring back memories of my childhood, they are comforting and delicious. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat evenly. I like my mashed potatoes to be delicate, so I don’t exaggerate with the seasoning. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat evenly. Increase the heat to 400 degrees, add the tomatoes, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Making Italian tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes is quite possibly one of the best use of tomatoes I can think of. Return the potatoes to the pot and add the butter, minced garlic and milk. Once they are done, add the parsley and mix well. Fluffy, with a few clumps, not too heavy, with a hint of nutmeg. That being said it was still delicious. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. You can learn more about how we use cookies to improve your experience here. Turn the heat to low and mix well for a few minutes. You just need to be more patient. Learn how your comment data is processed. Download our practical guide to long-term success. :). I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. It is better than in Olive garden....It was my first time when my husband was so exciting about this potatoes...He said this is the best potatoes ever that he tried in his whole life...So, try to do that and you will see that I am right. This simple dish of roasted potatoes and tomatoes has amazing flavor and is easy to throw together. The most common starchy potatoes are the Russets, Idaho, or King Edward potatoes. baking pan. Once the vegetables are finished, fresh chopped basil is tossed into the mixture. Margarita is certified in plant-based nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Foundation and Cornell University and is the lead Naked Food Chef and recipe developer. If the potatoes begin drying out, add 1-2 cups of water-tamari mix. April: Asparagus Frittata with Leeks and Ricotta, August: Garlic Cream Sauce With Parmigiano-Reggiano, October: Butternut Squash Bread With Orange Glaze, Ricotta and Goat Cheese Crostata with Onion, Apple, Cherry Relish, Recipe of the Month August: Sausage and Clams, September:Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto, November: Stuffed Quail With Orange Sauce. ★★★★★Thank you so much! Cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce them with a fork. Peel and chop the potatoes into large cubes. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg. I must admit that I don’t usually measure when I cook (just like most of Italians) and I can’t tell how many times I poured too much milk in my mashed potatoes, making them way too creamy. Absolutely delicious!!! They are the perfect side dish to any meat, fish, or stew. Mix together the onions, oil, garlic and potatoes. Drain the potatoes and mash them using a fine potato masher. Made these for a Easter dinner. Rinse the capers under running water to remove any residue of salt or vinegar.