In this context, the term "world" refers to the culture and belief system which rejects God and His authority (John 12:31; 1 Corinthians 2:12). The Offerings of Leviticus (Part Eight): Conclusion (Part One). Other Forerunner Commentary entries containing John 17:16: Matthew 6:9-13 Within it are the cultures of all nations on earth. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. Jesus calls Christians out of the ways of this world, including its political systems. Let us live our lives in close communion with the Lord Jesus and demonstrate that we are not of the world, just as Christ is not of the world. John 17:16 Context. What would Jesus do in a time of political election? We tend to concentrate on … We are not of this world system just as the Lord Jesus is not of this world. 13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.] They were of the same system as He—the Kingdom of God. I.S.V. Amplified® Compare all. N.A.S.B. In this context, the term "world" refers to the culture and belief system which rejects God and His authority (John 12:31; 1 Corinthians 2:12). Would Jesus Christ Vote? Just before His death and resurrection the Lord Jesus prayed a wonderful prayer - a prayer that demonstrated the intimate relationship with the Father and the Son – a prayer for the protection of all believers during our time in this world – a prayer that Christ Himself would be given the glory He had with the Father before His sojourn on earth – a prayer that asked that all who are in Christ Jesus may be made one as He is one with the Father – a prayer that we will one day be with the Lord Jesus, and a prayer that one day we would see and participate in His own heavenly glory. Wesley's Notes for John 17:16 17:15 That thou wouldest take them out of the world - Not yet: but that thou wouldest keep them from the evil one - Who reigns therein. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. He would warn true Christians, “Come out of her [this world], My people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues” (Revelation 18:1-4). He would warn true Christians, “Come out of her [this world], My people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues” (Revelation 18:1-4). Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. .Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. NASB E-Prime 17:15 That thou wouldest take them out of the world - Not yet: but that thou wouldest keep them from the evil one - Who reigns therein.17:17 Sanctify - Consecrate them by the anointing of thy Spirit to their office, and perfect them in holiness, by means of thy word. These words are repeated from ( John 17:14) , where they are given as a reason of the world's hatred to them; and here, as showing that they are exposed to the evil of it; and in both are used as an argument with his Father, that he would take notice of them, and preserve them. Darby To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. Which best represents the problem with the comment? (Part Three). If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. See what over 145,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. Jesus calls Christians out of the ways of this world, including its political systems. He would not take part. Revelation : The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. John 17:16. John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world . ] - Webster's BibleThey do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.- Weymouth BibleThey are not of the world even as I am not of the world.- World English BibleThey ben not of the world, as Y am not of the world.- Wycliffe Bible`Of the world they are not, as I of the world am not;- Youngs Literal Bible. The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11).