About 1 hour before cooking, discard the marinade (see notes), pat the steak dry and season generously with salt. If, for example, you don’t enjoy eating lamb, you could always substitute it for chicken or beef. Wife, Mom, T1D, Keto Lover and Recipe Engineer! Adjust the cooking time accordingly. Just reduce it by ~75% over medium heat then add unsalted chicken stock, reduce until thickened and finish off the heat with a couple tablespoons of butter. First, it’s needs to be tender. Once cooked, cover and rest covered for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Pour over steak, turning to evenly coat both sides Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight Heat grill Remove& discard excess marinade from steak Sprinkle both sides with . Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. Juicy, flavorful, and SUPER easy to make, this broiled flank steak makes for the perfect quick but oh-so-satisfying dinner! Your email address will not be published. Or, substitute this steak for the lamb in my Keto Lamb Fajitas recipe (and just skip the step where you cook the meat!). Add the flank steak to the dish or bag and coat all sides of the meat. For medium rare, flip the steak every couple of minutes for 10-12 minutes (the internal temperature should read ~110°F). An easy way to marinade and cook a flank steak! perpendicular to the long muscle fibers/strands) ensures maximum tenderness! So when we DO decide to cook steak, I have some very strict standards. So when we DO decide to cook steak, ... To prep the flank steak for the marinade, score both sides of the meat. ... Keto steak with béarnaise sauce. With Diet Doctor’s time-saving meal plan tool you can create your own meal plans from scratch – or customize one of our 100+ pre-existing meal plans. Yes, this style of cooking your steak can also be referred to as a London Broil. Try this with our low-carb chimichurri sauce. If you did i must try that next time. But it’s such a great price, I wanted to find an easy recipe that could transform this cut. It’s a lot easier to handle/flip a large, single piece of meat than it is to cook smaller, individual steaks for each person. Mayo tastes best when it's not ice cold. You’ll want to score the meat (I like to score it along the grain, but it’s up to you) on both sides and then let it marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Use a weight (or small plate topped with heavy cans of food) to ensure even browning and improve the steak’s final crust. Marinating the flank steak is the key to adding flavor and breaking down the meat. All you need to buy is real food. To cook the steak, preheat a thick-bottomed pan (I like cast iron) over medium heat (or use a grill if you have one). You always want to cut flank steak at an angle, against the grain. With Diet Doctor Plus you get access to tons of keto meal plans, including dairy-free and vegetarian versions, meal plans adapted for intermittent fasting, quick-and-easy and budget keto meal plans. Maybe steak and eggs, or a nice steak salad. I didn't stir fry the veggies and enjoyed them . No negative preconceived notions! If you've never tried flank steak before, it's time to level-up and explore this succulent piece of fine meat. The information we provide at DietDoctor.com is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. Your email address will not be published. Here you can learn all about it and how to use it to reach your personal health goals. I'm glad you're here! This will allow the marinade to really soak into the steak. In a glass baking dish or ziplock bag, add Bo Soy sauce. This recipe is: Remove the steak from the marinade, set it on your pan or rack, and broil for 8 minutes per side (or until your desired doneness). We don’t eat a lot of red meat in our house, maybe once a week. Technically, it will still be an edible steak if you don’t… but it will certainly be a lot better if you do. But I always gently stir fry the veggies. Salt and pepper to taste. Below, see our latest one. 3/4 cup "No Soy" sauce (or coconut aminos). Sprinkle both sides with thyme, freshly ground pepper and salt. Use your fingers to press the seasoning into the meat so it sticks. If there’s something you don’t fancy, change it for another low-carb veggie. It’s a nice touch. Required fields are marked *. So the opposite of my requirements. Love this recipe! Try it out 1 month for free. Slicing the steak thinly across the grain (i.e. Add the ghee and, once melted, begin searing the steak. Additionally, there are some quick and easy weeknight favorites such as our tasty tuna zoodle salad and chicken stir-fry. Dinner is served! Add flank steak to the dish or bag and coat all sides of the meat. Score both sides of the meat to allow the marinade to soak into the meat. Mix soy sauce, sambal and vinegar in a bowl. Easy to prepare, made with simple ingredients, this keto grilled mojo skirt steak is tender and rich with flavors inspired by Cuban & Puerto Rican food. Not to mention, the leftover opportunities are endless. https://www.carbmanager.com/recipe/keto-chimichurri-flank-steak Following a healthy dairy-free diet doesn’t have to mean depriving yourself — and this week’s meal plan is proof of that. Keywords: flank steak, keto recipe, keto steak, Tag @ketobosh on Instagram and hashtag it #ketobosh. Preheat the oven to broil (usually 500 degrees F). In a shallow container, mix together garlic, rosemary, red wine, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Welcome! Stay updated like 500,000+ subscribers with our weekly Diet Doctor newsletter. Everything else is for free. Hey there—I’m Nate! Add onion, mushrooms and cabbage to the soy dressing. I like to score it along the grain, but again, it’s up to you. That means you can get a range of final internal temperatures (doneness) across a single piece of meat and therefore satisfy steak preferences from medium rare to well done (well done flank steak isn’t actually that bad). We thought they would be good with burgers too. Instructions are for 4 servings. Brush the meat with olive oil. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information. Sprinkle both sides with thyme, freshly ground pepper, and salt. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/easy-balsamic-steak-marinade-recipe Our site uses cookies. When the marinating time is almost up, preheat the oven to broil, usually 500 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.