But it’s important to note: The color does *not* affect the taste. Add coconut milk and remaining ingredients and blend again. Pour in the butter and … Beat the mascarpone, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in a medium bowl until smooth. I'm making it now and can't wait to eat it!!! hour and up to 4 hours. By continuing to use this site or closing this banner, you accept the use of cookies. Put approximately 2 tablespoons crumble mixture in the bottom of each of the serving containers. Make this recipe? Thanks. Chill parfaits for 30-60 minutes for best flavor. The recipe calls for 1 cup, but I always make 2, so I listed 2 cups whipping cream. I'm guessing that one cup of cream is to make something to fold into the lime mixture and the other cup is for a topping? Melt butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Stir condensed milk, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl to blend (mixture will thicken). The recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of white sugar but no where in the recipe does it say where it's added. Can you clarify that? I will also mention to you that not a one of them have offered to squeeze the key limes for me…they know it’s not that much fun. To make the Key lime cream, stir condensed milk, lime juice and lime peel in large I did, once. If you are a lime lover, you gotta try this lime dessert! And you probably already know they’re absolutely nutrient-packed! Lol – I’m dying over here. The lime curd makes more than enough for the cake. Love this! @SamanthaHi Dear, yes that is exactly how you do it. I know it will turn out great when you make it:-), Ok I made these yesterday for a dinner party. Eat it shortly after making it. Thank you for pointing out that I did not include where to put it. Be sure to leave a star rating and review below! Lots of vitamins and minerals (More potassium than a banana!). *just steer clear of the extra dark, soft ones (see above!).*. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon crumb mixture in each 3-ounce glass. The pictures are marginal because someone messed up the camera settings and didn’t notice the problem until long after the sun had set. Hi Jean, I added the nutrition information to the recipe. Also how did you get the filling to have such a green color? drop green food coloring, optional for color. How to make Key Lime Pie Parfaits. Chill thoroughly until thickened, at least two hours or overnight. Went to buy a new bottle the other day and they were out…. Fold the whipped cream into the juice mixture. I sometimes use the bottle stuff too. Key Lime Parfaits | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe Community! I would have had to juice at least 12 key limes to get that much juice. Fourth of July Creamy Dessert Salad Parfaits, French Green Lentil Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing, « Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Balsamic Butter, Southwestern Chicken Chopped Salad With Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette ». Add a layer of key lime filling and then a layer of whipped cream. They are definitely worth buying for this dessert. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil to create a double-boiler. These dessert parfaits are easy and quick and are a little change from an ordinary key lime pie! (PS: Cabinets from IKEA!--Love them!). I'm Terri - wife, mother, grandmother, nurse, blogger, former ski bum, lover of pie, family historian, and over-thinker. I want to share my favorite recipes and bring inspiration to your kitchen. If not, the hotel in Key West lies. Become an email subscriber and be the first on your block to receive my latest posts. They were a huge hit. this sounds absolutely refreshing and delish!! Hi! Don't feel like you have to post these to your blog. 1 container (8 ounces) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone cheese, Eggnog Pecan Rolls with Mascarpone Frosting. It's waiting just for you!) Thanks for your help! Healthy “Reese’s” Freezer Fudge {Keto/Low-Carb, Vegan}, Berries and Cream Fudge (Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan), Keto Crunch Bars (Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, Vegan), 15 Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly Desserts - Immortals Fitness, 15 Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly Desserts – MorFIT Gym – Gaithersburg Maryland, Soft, creamy, tangy, lime flavored (no-cook!) In a large heatproof bowl (*see notes), whisk together the fresh lime juice, sugar, 1 Tbsp lime zest, eggs, and sweetened condensed milk. Aunt Sally must be rolling over in her grave at the thought. bowl to blend (mixture will thicken). If it doesn’t give, wait a day or two more and try again. My guess is it’s somewhere out in the garage, where I will happily let is stay for the rest of its life. You are right, this can be a little confusing. In Wisconsin, we make more flavors, varieties, and styles of cheese than anywhere else in the world. It was comedic and I decided that I would NEVER try to do it again. They have the best prices of produce that I’ve found. Whip with a hand mixer for about 20 seconds until fluffy and smooth. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil to create a double-boiler. I was thinking about all sorts of things and not really paying that much attention to what I was doing. I hope this helps! TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM: In a stand mixer with the whip attachment or using a handheld mixer, whip together 2 cups heavy whipping cream and 1 cup powdered sugar until whipped cream forms. Hopefully you can find a bag of these little Key Limes in your grocery store or online. I looked down at the limes and had to admit that they were gorgeous, all deep green and shiny; the perfect lime specimens. A cheesemonger specializes in the buying and selling of high-quality cheese, usually available in the specialty section of a grocery store or cheese shop. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. No key lime juice OR graham crackers in Australia. We are just hitting spring here, they will be perfect on a balmy night. Spread evenly. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir until well combined. It’s a trusty friend and mingles well within both dessert and dinner menus.