The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. “ ‘Everyone who uses proverbs will speak the following saying against you: Like mother, like daughter. 1 Kings 21:16 And it came to pass, when Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, that Ahab rose up to go down to the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, to take possession of it. H AMP. 3. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Article J Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. Author F ‣ Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. ‣ And he had no sons. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. ‣ Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” ... Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father. Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.”. They would deliver but their own lives by their righteousness. In the world you will have tribulation. On the next day we departed and came to Caesarea, and we entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him. Now Lot went up out of Zoar and lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. ‣ Topical Bible 44 Behold, all who speak in proverbs will quote this proverb about you: ‘Like mother, like daughter.’ 45 You are the daughter of your mother, who despised her husband and children. Search String: A daughter tends to share the traits of her mother. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, declares the Lord God, they would deliver neither son nor daughter. ‣ Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. “‘Everyone who likes to use proverbs will use this one: “Like mother, like daughter.” You’re the daughter of your mother, who couldn’t stand her husband and children. Alphabetical list of expressions And they took as their wives any they chose. An instant bestseller set on the brink of catastrophe, for readers of Flight Behavior and Station Eleven. ‣ It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. You are the sister of your sisters, who despised their husbands and children. Chapter 16, verse 44 reads "'Everyone who quotes proverbs will quote this proverb about you: 'Like mother, like daughter' (New International Version). Publication date: Nov 23, 2020. “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”, Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Behold every one that useth a common proverb, shall use this against thee, saying: As the mother was, so also is her daughter. U If God is for us, who can be against us? Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. They will say, ‘Like mother, like daughter.’, Hear this! And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. The sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. L May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace. The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. ‣ Behold, every one that uses proverbs shall use this proverb against you, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter. Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. ‣ Publisher: OpenBible.info. '- New American Standard Version (1995)Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use `this' proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.- American Standard Version (1901)See, in every common saying about you it will be said, As the mother is, so is her daughter.- Basic English BibleBehold, every one that useth proverbs shall speak in a proverb against thee, saying, As the mother, [so is] her daughter!- Darby BibleBehold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter. For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. Your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. And in the place where it was said to them, “You are not my people,” it shall be said to them, “Children of the living God.”. “All the people who talk about you will now have one more thing to say. Some sources trace this expression back to the 1300s, but it certainly predates this time. ‣ If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 44Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter. New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition. “‘Everyone who likes to use proverbs will use this one: “Like mother, like daughter.” You’re the daughter of your mother, who couldn’t stand her husband and children. ... For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. They will be divided, father against son, son against father, mother against daughter, daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law, and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law." You have made this last kindness greater than the first in that you have not gone after young men, whether poor or rich. Celebrate Mother's Day with bible verses that are sure to invoke feelings of encouragement and inspiration for all moms! But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. “Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.” King James Version (KJV) P S Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ. But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. See, everyone who makes proverbs will make this proverb about you, “Like mother, like daughter.”, “Behold, everyone who quotes proverbs will quote, “‘Observe—everyone who quotes proverbs will quote this proverb about you: “Like mother, like daughter.”, “All those who use proverbs will use this one about you. “‘Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, “As is the mother, so is her daughter.”. And you’re a true sister of your sisters, who couldn’t stand their husbands and children. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter. Esau took his wives from the Canaanites: Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, Oholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite.